274 replies to this topic

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
<p>Popped past the workshop today and saw my car on the ramp minus engine, box, subframe and all attached parts.<br />
<br />
My engine is in the clean room stripped and waiting for the Supertech valves to arrive.<br />
<br />
Hopefully the exhaust will be off in the next couple of days it&rsquo;s now sold.</p>

Edited by StuW13, 14 April 2021 - 10:59 AM.

flybynite

flybynite

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

How are they getting on with the rear wavetrac? Be interested how well it works in the RS3. Used one before in a RWD car and liked the way it worked.

While its in bits are you going to put in a plumbed-in extinguisher? couple of modded RS3 engines seem to have gone up in smoke. Seems to get hotter than many other engines and be less tolerant of leaks

New 360 systems not as good as the old BCF ones but they still work well.

Sequence

Sequence

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

How are they getting on with the rear wavetrac? Be interested how well it works in the RS3. Used one before in a RWD car and liked the way it worked.

While its in bits are you going to put in a plumbed-in extinguisher? couple of modded RS3 engines seem to have gone up in smoke. Seems to get hotter than many other engines and be less tolerant of leaks

New 360 systems not as good as the old BCF ones but they still work well.

Lot less of an issue with the setup StuW has gone for as the ones that go up are big full frame turbo kits with different fuel lines etc but it is certainly not a bad idea to consider options. 

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Lot less of an issue with the setup StuW has gone for as the ones that go up are big full frame turbo kits with different fuel lines etc but it is certainly not a bad idea to consider options. 

I got told it would be a good idea if I went bigger fuel lines and E85 fuel.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
With trying to improve look a bit I have already bought a carbon fibre rear spoiler and wing mirror covers. I’ve now ordered a front splitter, side sills, rear defuser and rear side splitters. Due to the carbon versions being a different looking weave to the parts I already know have I’m getting them in gloss black so at least they will match my black pack Audi parts.

I didn’t previously post as I was so annoyed but my car got a 15mm dent on the passenger door whilst parked on my drive a couple of weeks ago. I’ve sent the pics to a dent removal company and they don’t think it can be knocked out due to a 10 mm crease. My neighbour had fencers round and I think it was done by the edge of a post, but they have denied it and the view is out of cctv view. Really annoying but when I book it in I’ll get the body kit parts fitted properly.

flybynite

flybynite

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

I didn’t previously post as I was so annoyed but my car got a 15mm dent on the passenger door whilst parked on my drive a couple of weeks ago. I’ve sent the pics to a dent removal company and they don’t think it can be knocked out due to a 10 mm crease. My neighbour had fencers round and I think it was done by the edge of a post, but they have denied it and the view is out of cctv view. Really annoying but when I book it in I’ll get the body kit parts fitted properly.

What a bugger, gutting when it happens. I would try a couple of PDR guys as there is a big variation as to the skill level. Have a good guy near me and he got a vertical crease out of a door on my estate car and it was right across the swage line. Took him a good few hours but it is 99% out. I can just about see where it is but I would defy anyone to walk around the car and tell me where the dent was.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

What a bugger, gutting when it happens. I would try a couple of PDR guys as there is a big variation as to the skill level. Have a good guy near me and he got a vertical crease out of a door on my estate car and it was right across the swage line. Took him a good few hours but it is 99% out. I can just about see where it is but I would defy anyone to walk around the car and tell me where the dent was.

Maybe I can get a second opinion. Thanks

flybynite

flybynite

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Maybe I can get a second opinion. Thanks

Have a watch of this, give you an idea what can be done  :D

https://www.youtube....h?v=BI1_l1J9SjU

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Have a watch of this, give you an idea what can be done  :D
https://www.youtube....h?v=BI1_l1J9SjU

Hopefully I have someone else who is going to have a look at it and say if he thinks it’s doable. Truly amazing what can be done.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Well I’ve spoken to Regal and the head is not going to be ported. It will still have the Supertek valves, retainers snd titanium springs but they have decided it isn’t going to be worth the £1500. They spoke to Hank at IROZ for advice on this and he said if using a turbo below 850 whp they gave only ended up getting around 10hp extra. It’s testimony to how good the Daza heads are already and why they are on the Huracan. The other thing is the increase in hp is only at the top of the rev range and this build is all about drivability.

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
From porting my head my turbo spooled at 3800.
Before porting it was 4200

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
I will pray for a happy ending.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

From porting my head my turbo spooled at 3800.
Before porting it was 4200

Maybe this was more beneficial for you going big turbo and not hybrid. IROZ have tried it on their hybrids and said it wasn't worth doing but was on their big turbo kits.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

I will pray for a happy ending.

In what way Ben?

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Hopefully I will get my car back next week and will be able to post some pictures if I can remember how lol.

One thing that has changed since I first had cars is the running in procedure. I chatted it through with Chris the owner of Regal and it is as follows:

Running in oil and 2 hours on the dyno going up and down the rev range, stopping at various points for it to cool down.

100 mile drive up the M3 varying the boost but on a low boost map only.

Oil & filter change for the oem spec oil.

I then get the car back and will be given a guide to following for the boost and max rpm.

At 300 miles, 600 miles and 1000 miles I have to take it back for oil & changes where they carry out analysis on the oil to make sure there are no issues.

Have the final high boost map completed and ready to go.

This is the routine they follow for the built engines they do for R8s, Huracan's and 911s, so I guess it must be good. 

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Bedding in an engine goes like this
Millers bedding in oil 1 heat cycle
Drop oil
Millers bedding in oil again
50miles of on boost and off boost using over run as much as possible to ensure rings are bedding in.
Then drop oil refill with fully syn oil
Full boost
Enjoy

Most do 250miles to ensure you have no underline issues ie leaks but 1000miles is over kill.

Regards to my other comment, let's just say I see through the fog.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Regards to my other comment, let's just say I see through the fog.

What’s that’s supposed to mean Ben? Instead of the cryptic comments just say what you are thinking.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

What’s that’s supposed to mean Ben? Instead of the cryptic comments just say what you are thinking.

They have ripped off RS3 owners from day dot, they can't tune and advise wrong hardware. But I'm sure your back to back dyno testing will reveal it all for you.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Certainly overkill on oil changes.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

They have ripped off RS3 owners from day dot, they can't tune and advise wrong hardware. But I'm sure your back to back dyno testing will reveal it all for you.

Do you mean IROZ or Regal Ben?

IROZ gave the advice on head work based on dyno runs on both their hybrids and big turbos. They have their engines built by Race Developments and shipped over. I can’t comment on whether they have given bad advice but they do seem to be one of the tuners who have pushed the boundaries and get results. Personally I wouldn’t get any maps from tuners outside of the UK.

I’m not sure what you know about Regal but I have used them for 20 years and rate them as one of the best tuners down South for VAG. They have already been tuning RS3s, both 8Ps and FLs, along with RS4s, RS6s and R8s. Granted they do more R8s, Lamborghinis and 911s but they have really upped their game over the last 5 years, especially with engine builds.

The other advice that has been taken into account has been from Si at TTE who have supplied the TTE777 we are using, based on 2 years of information from proven builds. I know we spoke and I probably would have bought one of your turbos Ben if there had been other FL owners using it and dyno graphs. Who knows your turbo maybe better but the reason I’ve waited this long is to see results from certain hardware and tunes.

I’m not looking for the highest hp tune ever, just a car that is a great all round drive with between 650/700 hp and good reliability.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.