68 replies to this topic

StuW13

StuW13

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • LocationHampshire
<p>Popped past the workshop today and saw my car on the ramp minus engine, box, subframe and all attached parts.<br />
<br />
My engine is in the clean room stripped and waiting for the Supertech valves to arrive.<br />
<br />
Hopefully the exhaust will be off in the next couple of days it&rsquo;s now sold.</p>

Edited by StuW13, 14 April 2021 - 10:59 AM.

flybynite

flybynite

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

How are they getting on with the rear wavetrac? Be interested how well it works in the RS3. Used one before in a RWD car and liked the way it worked.

While its in bits are you going to put in a plumbed-in extinguisher? couple of modded RS3 engines seem to have gone up in smoke. Seems to get hotter than many other engines and be less tolerant of leaks

New 360 systems not as good as the old BCF ones but they still work well.

Sequence

Sequence

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

How are they getting on with the rear wavetrac? Be interested how well it works in the RS3. Used one before in a RWD car and liked the way it worked.

While its in bits are you going to put in a plumbed-in extinguisher? couple of modded RS3 engines seem to have gone up in smoke. Seems to get hotter than many other engines and be less tolerant of leaks

New 360 systems not as good as the old BCF ones but they still work well.

Lot less of an issue with the setup StuW has gone for as the ones that go up are big full frame turbo kits with different fuel lines etc but it is certainly not a bad idea to consider options. 

StuW13

StuW13

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Lot less of an issue with the setup StuW has gone for as the ones that go up are big full frame turbo kits with different fuel lines etc but it is certainly not a bad idea to consider options. 

I got told it would be a good idea if I went bigger fuel lines and E85 fuel.

StuW13

StuW13

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • LocationHampshire
With trying to improve look a bit I have already bought a carbon fibre rear spoiler and wing mirror covers. I’ve now ordered a front splitter, side sills, rear defuser and rear side splitters. Due to the carbon versions being a different looking weave to the parts I already know have I’m getting them in gloss black so at least they will match my black pack Audi parts.

I didn’t previously post as I was so annoyed but my car got a 15mm dent on the passenger door whilst parked on my drive a couple of weeks ago. I’ve sent the pics to a dent removal company and they don’t think it can be knocked out due to a 10 mm crease. My neighbour had fencers round and I think it was done by the edge of a post, but they have denied it and the view is out of cctv view. Really annoying but when I book it in I’ll get the body kit parts fitted properly.

flybynite

flybynite

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

I didn’t previously post as I was so annoyed but my car got a 15mm dent on the passenger door whilst parked on my drive a couple of weeks ago. I’ve sent the pics to a dent removal company and they don’t think it can be knocked out due to a 10 mm crease. My neighbour had fencers round and I think it was done by the edge of a post, but they have denied it and the view is out of cctv view. Really annoying but when I book it in I’ll get the body kit parts fitted properly.

What a bugger, gutting when it happens. I would try a couple of PDR guys as there is a big variation as to the skill level. Have a good guy near me and he got a vertical crease out of a door on my estate car and it was right across the swage line. Took him a good few hours but it is 99% out. I can just about see where it is but I would defy anyone to walk around the car and tell me where the dent was.

StuW13

StuW13

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • LocationHampshire

What a bugger, gutting when it happens. I would try a couple of PDR guys as there is a big variation as to the skill level. Have a good guy near me and he got a vertical crease out of a door on my estate car and it was right across the swage line. Took him a good few hours but it is 99% out. I can just about see where it is but I would defy anyone to walk around the car and tell me where the dent was.

Maybe I can get a second opinion. Thanks

flybynite

flybynite

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Maybe I can get a second opinion. Thanks

Have a watch of this, give you an idea what can be done  :D

https://www.youtube....h?v=BI1_l1J9SjU

StuW13

StuW13

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Have a watch of this, give you an idea what can be done  :D
https://www.youtube....h?v=BI1_l1J9SjU

Hopefully I have someone else who is going to have a look at it and say if he thinks it’s doable. Truly amazing what can be done.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.