158 replies to this topic

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl
4d70623c9974514c17bdaa408400169a.jpg

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Not sure because I don't get my car until beginning of may so I'm gonna lurk and read another while. You will have had your car well before I get mine. And I know you will put your front on rear for definitive check and let me know ;-)
Having said that as you can see one guy is running a square set up 19x9 ET 45 with 255/30. I will try to copy over a pic of his car if I can.

I’ve gone for standard wheels so swapping front to rear will not help.

Do you know the person running this set up? It would be good to find out exactly what wheels he uses and maybe speak to him about what it’s like under load.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Well if a 275/30 wheel and tyre combo could fit on the front then not only is it a better height fit than the 255/30, but also the tyres are cheaper. Pirelli P Zero is only £186 so I assume there must be lots more sold in that size.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Attached File  44F9AFD9-00D4-4349-B40B-0C56F88BAF56.png   83.74K   0 downloads

I have just looked at another option to use staggered set up but with a 9 inch on the front to fit a 265/30 tyre, which is a better height match than the 255/30. Will the 9 inch rim fit?

Edited by StuW13, 31 January 2018 - 12:41 AM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Not sure if the attachment doesn’t work due to posting fronm a mobile but I could see it in the preview?

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

Not sure if the attachment doesn’t work due to posting fronm a mobile but I could see it in the preview?

No, can't open attachment. I find mtalk much better for these kind of things.

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

I’ve gone for standard wheels so swapping front to rear will not help.

Do you know the person running this set up? It would be good to find out exactly what wheels he uses and maybe speak to him about what it’s like under load.

Hi Joshua Koscho, can you let me know the make of your 19" 8.5J ET 45 from the picture? They look the business. Also is it 10mm spacer to front and 15mm to rear that you have added to these rims? Thanks in advance.

305 Forge FF01, yes those are the spacers used and position. I'm probably going to get rid of them if you want to save a little. Only 2k miles on the tyres.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
It would be good to know why he’s selling them. The worry is someone already tried 20s on here with 245s and said they rubbed and these are wider with spacers and fit fine.

Why don’t buy them and I can test them for you severeenapg? :-)

Edited by StuW13, 01 February 2018 - 08:19 AM.

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

It would be good to know why he’s selling them. The worry is someone already tried 20s on here with 245s and said they rubbed and these are wider with spacers and fit fine.

Why don’t buy them and I can test them for you severeenapg? :-)

Hi Stu,
You mention 20s. Joshua is running 19s, the exact size we are thinking about all round. Effectively he is running the 8.5j rim with ET 35 upfront and ET 30 at the rear. I'm liking that. He is in Canada or Australia so I'll buy a bit closer to home I think .

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Hi Seventeenapg - The reason I mentioned 20's is the size used was 245/30/20 and it isn't much difference to a 235/30/19. I think some more research is needed before I part with nearly £2500.

It would be great to know why he has decided to sell his wheels after just 2k miles.

Edited by StuW13, 01 February 2018 - 09:10 PM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Just had a reply back from Revolution 247 who stated OZ Laggera HLT 245/30/20 9 inch will fit front and rear. I’m really doubtful 9 inch will fit so I’m going to reply to the email giving the exact car details and Audi OEM details. I’ve asked for some 19 inch options so let’s see what 5hey come back with.

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

Just had a reply back from Revolution 247 who stated OZ Laggera HLT 245/30/20 9 inch will fit front and rear. I’m really doubtful 9 inch will fit so I’m going to reply to the email giving the exact car details and Audi OEM details. I’ve asked for some 19 inch options so let’s see what 5hey come back with.

Let me know the outcome Stu. Josh is selling his rims because, like many others on there, they prefer 18s with taller side wall citing the roads are very bad.
On another note, wheel centre front is 1559mm and rear is 1528mm. So, assuming a square set up the rear wheels will sit in 15.5 mm further. So, I'm thinking of ET 35 front and ET 30 at rear. Or, 39 front and 35 rear. Still on the replica rims from LD Prestige.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Seventeenapg - I have sent them the 2 OEM options and stated 2018 RS3 Saloon, but no reply yet. I have also emailed OZ direct and another couple of manufacturers.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
I’m in a dielema and need to make a decision quick. Having an Ara blue on order I’m not sure whether to get the staggered wheels with black insert colour at £695 + £400 extra tax or just go for standard wheels and buy an after market set of wheels.
I’ve looked at OZ Laggera HLTs due to super light weight in gloss black.

So any ideas please guys and do you think black is better on Ara blue with black trim?

Here’s a set on a grey RS3 to compare:

http://www.pictame.c...7169_1373312815

Attached Files

Edited by StuW13, 17 February 2018 - 12:44 AM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Well I have decided to definitely buy a set of OZ wheels in the morning.

There is one thing which I never thought of and that is the spoke design & thickness. I considered a set of OZ Formula HLT wheels because they can have a centre cover that looks like the single race fitting. Looking at previous posts I though the 8.5 ET 38 wheels would be spot on, but OZ got back to me and that isn't the case. Not only would ET 38 not fit at all, but the spoke design meant they won't fit with the large brakes.

The final bill comes to £2610.00 and includes:

2 x gloss black OZ Laggera HLT 19 x 8.5 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 255/30 tyres

2 x gloss black OZ Laggera HLT 19 x 8.0 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/35 tyres (plus 5mm spacer)

​This includes tyres fitted with digital balancing, TPMS supplied & fitted, fitting kit and delivery.

​Such a hard choice but in the end the gloss black finish to match my black pack, weighing less than 9.0kg and the fitting info being agreed as TUV compliant by the manufacturer swung it for me. Also the Rimstyle who gave me the best overall price thought the 8 inch rim was a far safer fit for rim protection than the 8.5 for the rears.

​One quick point, I did really want 255/30 all round but someone who sets up VW Cup Racing cars told me they will handle worse. He reckoned giving extra grip to the rear on a square set up will undo the R&D work done to have better grip on the front, thus providing greater understeer. 

​Lastly it looks like I have finally worked out how to add a picture. :D 

Attached File  Leggera-HLT-Gloss-Black (2).jpg   97.23K   0 downloads

If no one else can see the picture I posted I'm going to boil my head. I added the picture, it was in the post preview perfect and now I don't have permission to view it? :wacko:

Edited by StuW13, 20 February 2018 - 11:01 PM.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

If no one else can see the picture I posted I'm going to boil my head. I added the picture, it was in the post preview perfect and now I don't have permission to view it? :wacko:

Stu,

Given you are about to boil your head.... can I have your new wheels?  :lol:  :D

I'm guessing they are the same as your profile pic - they will look great in gloss black against the ara blue. Looks like a good purchase.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Stu,

Given you are about to boil your head.... can I have your new wheels?  :lol:  :D

I'm guessing they are the same as your profile pic - they will look great in gloss black against the ara blue. Looks like a good purchase.

I take it you can't see the picture either then?  To make this stranger, when I went back to the post later I could see the picture no probs and not it's gone again?

I think they would go good on your car as well, but blagging one set of wheels was hard enough, so even I can't do 2 sets. :D 

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

I take it you can't see the picture either then?  To make this stranger, when I went back to the post later I could see the picture no probs and not it's gone again?

I think they would go good on your car as well, but blagging one set of wheels was hard enough, so even I can't do 2 sets. :D

No picture showing up for me either. I normally just add a pic to my Flickr account and then include the link to it in my post.

Yep - nice looking wheel, although given I already have the RS6 replicas for my winter wheels and have just ordered the Ispiri FFR1 for the summer wheels, I'll stick on 3 sets (including original rotors on the car) for now... don't want to push my luck  ;)

drcain

drcain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Hi guys,

club newbie here :)

As I'm awaiting my new RS3 saloon within a week or two, I was also forced to start looking for some winter wheels due to current weather.

My findings might help someone, so here it is:

First problem I found out is that saloon is different from sportback - you can't fit the same wheels.

Second problem is, that saloon version is very new, and there are not many certified-fit wheels on the market at this moment.

And my third problem is, that even if you find wheels that fit (i.e. OZ Racing already has few such models), NONE of them will fit with carbon-ceramic brakes (my spec).

So I ended up with official Audi Winter wheels (and of course official summer wheels).

Here are the specs for the official Audi wheels for my saloon with carbon-ceramic breaks - hope this helps someone:

Summer:

FRONT: 8.5 J x 19 255/30 R19 ET53 (112x5)
REAR:      8 J x 19 235/35 R19 ET49 (112x5)

Winter:
FRONT / BACK: 8 x 19 235/35 R19 ET42 (112x5) (Pirelli XL 91V Sotto Zero 3 R01)

This is for EU version, coming from Germany (not an UK version).

:: we come to move your soul ::

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Any thoughts on these wheels

I'm considering as alternative to the LD Prestige similar ones as these MAK ones available in 19" x 8J with 49 or 50 offset (great for RS3 Sportback) and practically the same size as OEM wheels. More expensive than the LD ones but at least can fit standard 235 x 35 tyres all round. I was getting a bit concerned with 8.5J all round with either stretched 235 tyres or fit issues with either 255 X 30 or 245 x 45.

https://www.wheelbas...s3/2012-present

Edited by Tippytoes, 22 February 2018 - 08:15 AM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.