• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl
Have a look at these Stu and let me know what you think.
Arthur.

http://www.ldprestig...k?vehicle=21432

Edited by seventeenapg, 02 January 2018 - 10:09 PM.

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Just using 235 tyres as an example with the ET you mentioned it’s going to stick out quite a bit compared to stock, so you’ll have to be careful with your tyre selection. And then theres the speedo error to consider albeit minimal.

d889579c736f176e361157622932ca65.jpg785d723cafba377c7d0f8bd80c5ba5ed.jpg

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Have a look at these Stu and let me know what you think.
Arthur.http://www.ldprestig...k?vehicle=21432

Very impressed with those but as Jays post shows it may not work with the ET 39

Edited by StuW13, 02 January 2018 - 11:17 PM.

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

Just using 235 tyres as an example with the ET you mentioned it’s going to stick out quite a bit compared to stock, so you’ll have to be careful with your tyre selection. And then theres the speedo error to consider albeit minimal.

d889579c736f176e361157622932ca65.jpg785d723cafba377c7d0f8bd80c5ba5ed.jpg

Many thanks Jay for the info. But can you check, the ET you gave for the 8J is 49. My understanding is the the 8J, which will be fitted to my car, has an ET of 42. The optional 8.5J wheel has an ET of 46 not 49. The prestige wheels are 8.5J with ET of 39. I think that stacks up better, yes?

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

Very impressed with those but as Jays post shows it may not work with the ET 39

Understood Stu. I'm a bit unsure of all these sizes etc. But, see my last post to Jay.

Edited by seventeenapg, 02 January 2018 - 11:39 PM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Understood Stu. I'm a bit unsure of all these sizes etc. But, see my last post to Jay.

I think the saloon has ET42 as standard, so on an Et40 the rims would be 4.3mm closer to the strut and 8.3mm further out than standard. The front is no issue on an 8.5 so just need to get the rear sorted.

Surely there must be loads of owners using 8.5 wide rims?

Lastly I wonder what the RS6 reps weigh. My R 20s are far too heavy at 18kg each and I really want to reduce the weight.

Glenn

Glenn

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTyne & Wear

Hi Stu,

We've done a load of different wheels on the 8V's, give the guys an email on sales@revolution247.com and they can send across some wheel options/specs.

Cheers.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Thanks Glenn, they are one of the companies I have contacted. The general feedback I am getting is most of the usual suspect alloy wheel suppliers are not that knowledgeable for fitting on the facelift saloons and state the wheel companies have not provided the data which once they have physically tried them on a car. Most state I could order anything I want but there would be no guarantee of fitting correctly.

It is the odd wheel base increase for the saloon that it making it more difficult to get the right wheel and combo. Yes a 8.5 fits on the front but the correct tyre size should be either a 245 or 255, so 235 sits in and leaves the rim exposed. In my insurance T&Cs it states I have to use the wheel/tyre combo recommended by the manufacturer. I phoned them up to discuss further as it is very common for owners to go up a size in wheels. Basically they said the insurance would be invalid if the wheel/tyre change reduced the safety and drivability of the vehicle or the tyre size put on the wheel was not a combination the manufacturer recommended. I have emailed them and to confirm exactly this and determine if you went from a 8.0 to a 9.0 it would be ok if it drove correctly and was a combo the manufacturer has on one of their vehicles. For example you can argue a 255/30/20 is a safe combo if already fitted to an RS5.

In summary and many hours trying to work this out I don't believe you can fit an 8.5 rim on the rear of a saloon with ET42 unless you use the 235 tyre which for me would invalidate my insurance. A 245 is likely to rub so I can't take the chance.

After loads of replies I have finally found a set that will fit:

Fronts - OZ Leggera HLT ET 47 8.5 wide with 255/30/19 tyres (as standard for upgrade) - This fitting would be 1mm closer to the strut.

Rears - OZ Leggera HLT ET 45 8.0 wide with 235/35/19 tyres (as standard for upgrade) - This fitting would be 3mm closer to the strut.

If the 3mm closer was an issue I could always fit a 5mm spacer which would mean it would change to 2mm closer to the arch, which should easily be in tolerance. I have a back up plan where I could buy a 10mm space and get my local machine shop to reduce it to the exact size needed. No change in wheel/tyre sizes so no issues on insurance or with Audi. best price I have found for the wheels without tyres delivered is about £1600.

Edited by StuW13, 03 January 2018 - 07:11 PM.

Alex_m

Alex_m

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSweden

I know you wrote OZ Leggera HLT but if you don´t mind the design of OZ ultraleggera, they have 8,5J with ET38 or ET47 and 8J ET41. Then you will not have the issue. You can as you wrote, fit a 5mm spacers will clear the tolerance. 

I´m tempt myself to upgrade my summer wheels. Let´s see if it´s BBS CH-R or OZ Ultrleggera... It´s is a long time left before the summer season comes.

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl
Stu, you remember the Hartmann wheels? Well, their pic shows the 8.5J rims fitted on back and front with ET 38. I believe they are 235s tho which would have insurance issues as you say. I emailed them to ask if 245s will fit. I hope they can at least tell me the space from strut/rear shock to edge of 235 tyre. Will let you know. And, you are right....there must be someone with 8.5j 19s with an ET of 39-42 and hopefully 245 tyres out there!

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Stu, you remember the Hartmann wheels? Well, their pic shows the 8.5J rims fitted on back and front with ET 38. I believe they are 235s tho which would have insurance issues as you say. I emailed them to ask if 245s will fit. I hope they can at least tell me the space from strut/rear shock to edge of 235 tyre. Will let you know. And, you are right....there must be someone with 8.5j 19s with an ET of 39-42 and hopefully 245 tyres out there!

I think it would be great if 245 fitted but I just can’t see it not rubbing after the previous posts. The other issue is 245/35 is taller so more likely to have issues and 245/30 is too low. The 255/30 on the front is slightly lower than the standard 235/35.
The 235/35/19 is almost identical height to a 245/30/20, so if 245s fitted then more people would have 20s. I’m sure none of this is an issue on the Sportback with a shorter wheelbase.

I did look at the Superleggera but I liked the Leggera better. I did find an American company who made alloys to order but they were between £900 and £2600 for 19s. I will be skinned alive if my misses even thought I was spending £2500 on wheels & tyres on a brand new car.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

I don't need another set of wheels but these look cracking value at 599 Euro!   :D

http://www.ldprestig...2-43-66-pol-mgm

Especially after being quoted £100 + VAT per wheel for my diamond-cut alloys (2 with very minor kerb damage) to be refurbed...

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I don't need another set of wheels but these look cracking value at 599 Euro! :D

http://www.ldprestig...2-43-66-pol-mgm

Especially after being quoted £100 + VAT per wheel for my diamond-cut alloys (2 with very minor kerb damage) to be refurbed...

As are these RS6 performance alloys too

90110b0eeab2550b209d8be98fb9739d.jpg

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Vossen have a massive sale on at the moment they have some stunning wheels

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Roy,

For goodness sake - I'm trying NOT to spend more money on a car I haven't got yet... stop putting temptation in my way  :D  :lol:

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Vossen have a massive sale on at the moment they have some stunning wheels

I had a look Roy and I can’t find a sale. 5-7k for a set of forged wheels ouch!

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl
Stu,
I got this from a guy on the FB RS3 Sedan group. Im a member there and i asked if anyone had fitted a staggered front wheel on rear. The definite answer seems yes with no problem. This owner went on to say .....

19x8.5 ET 45, 10mm spacers front 15mm in the rear, stock tires

It should work, any more than 10mm with the fronts in the rear might get some rubbing

Edited by seventeenapg, 27 January 2018 - 11:06 AM.

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl
Arthur Goan I have 255/30 on 19x9 +45 with Continental extreme contact sport. No issue at all. I feel the tire is a bit stretched though. The conti’s seem to run narrower than Michelin. I’m going to go with 245/35 in the rear and 275/30 in front. Need to find traction for daily.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Arthur Goan I have 255/30 on 19x9 +45 with Continental extreme contact sport. No issue at all. I feel the tire is a bit stretched though. The conti’s seem to run narrower than Michelin. I’m going to go with 245/35 in the rear and 275/30 in front. Need to find traction for daily.

So when are you going to order some wheels? If you did it and it works I would be right up for it.

That would be great with 275 front tyres because they would give a 0.25mm ride height difference compared to 5.75mm bigger gap using 255s.

Edited by StuW13, 27 January 2018 - 09:21 PM.

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

So when are you going to order some wheels? If you did it and it works I would be right up for it.

That would be great with 275 front tyres because they would give a 0.25mm ride height difference compared to 5.75mm bigger gap using 255s.

Not sure because I don't get my car until beginning of may so I'm gonna lurk and read another while. You will have had your car well before I get mine. And I know you will put your front on rear for definitive check and let me know ;-)
Having said that as you can see one guy is running a square set up 19x9 ET 45 with 255/30. I will try to copy over a pic of his car if I can.

Edited by seventeenapg, 28 January 2018 - 02:46 AM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.