H+R rear antiroll bar

64 replies to this topic

Jsimba

Jsimba

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationLondon
Thanks Vik. I'm booked in at AKS on Thursday lunchtime so might take a longer route back into London to test it out!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Vik

Vik

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Depending where you live in London, maybe head via Essex ...I was in Brentwood on Friday and it has some nice country lanes.

Vik

DUB

DUB

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
Hi Vik, so you didn't notice anything negative after the uprated ARB?

Sounds great, mine is being fitted this week on standard suspension height with mag ride.

Vik

Vik

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
No negatives at all.

Br1ckt0p

Br1ckt0p

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationDown On My Pig Farm

Hi Vik, so you didn't notice anything negative after the uprated ARB?
Sounds great, mine is being fitted this week on standard suspension height with mag ride.

Hope they don’t run out 😁😁😁😁😁 got mine booked 1st week November with them plus the secondary Cat bypass pipes as well can’t wait for the Drive home 👍👍👍👍

Jsimba

Jsimba

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationLondon
I had mine fitted by the guys at AKS Tuning this afternoon and the difference was immediately noticeable on the run along to the M1. The rear feels tighter, the car feels more pointed when turning and you can definitely feel that there is less roll onto the rear outside wheel. It makes a heck of a difference and feels much more planted. Would recommend it to anyone considering having it done

Ashy

Ashy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Can't wait now, fitting mine on sunday :P  :P

Jsimba

Jsimba

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationLondon

Can't wait now, fitting mine on sunday :P

I'll be interested to hear your feedback and whether you feel the difference as much as me. I'm sure it's not just a placebo effect!

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

I'll be interested to hear your feedback and whether you feel the difference as much as me. I'm sure it's not just a placebo effect!

It not a placebo effect as my 8P with the 034 ARB is very noticeable especially in the wet with the zero understeer till you lose mechanical grip.

On track in the wet I have lost the rear exiting corners due to cold rear tyres on the opening laps but in the dry you can feel the rear rotate when pulling back to the apex if you run a bit too deep into a corner.

Dell.

Maverick41

Maverick41

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKent

My H&R rear ARB arrived today, being fitted next week. Looking forward to seeing the difference. I don't plan to add wheel spacers or lower the car at the moment. My daily is lowered and it scrapes on every speed bump. Don't fancy sacrificing the ride on the Audi.

can I ask where did you Order just the rear H&R anti roll bar from, i would like mine done but can’t see where they sell them separately or a part number anywhere  :huh:

Jsimba

Jsimba

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationLondon

can I ask where did you Order just the rear H&R anti roll bar from, i would like mine done but can’t see where they sell them separately or a part number anywhere :huh:

AKS Tuning have an online shop. You can order it from them and either have them deliver it or go there for them to install it fo abojt £35-40

Maverick41

Maverick41

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationKent

Cheers jsimba i will take a look  :up_it:

Jsimba

Jsimba

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationLondon
No worries - here's the link to the bar: https://www.akstunin...udi-rs3-8v.html

Ashy

Ashy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Mines on and i can report that there is a big improvement on body roll or lack of which im sure ED ( Tony )  will vouch for, as on our current test track (which is quite undulating in places :D) the car feels much more planted. 

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

And less creaky over the bumps! It is a decent mod for £175 tbh - do you feel it is a little bit more pointy?

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Either way you are going to find out big time at Bedford in a few weeks!

Ashy

Ashy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Yeh does feel a bit more pointy, really notice it going through chicanes with the flick left to right, just feels tighter.. :up_it:

looking forward to bedford, you'll have to bring me up to speed on the protocols as im a car virgin :D

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Yeh does feel a bit more pointy, really notice it going through chicanes with the flick left to right, just feels tighter.. :up_it:
looking forward to bedford, you'll have to bring me up to speed on the protocols as im a car virgin :D

Ashy.

The car track day protocols are much the same as you find on a bike track day...only over taking on the left,no over taking into corners,.move over for faster cars/drivers.

Dell.

Gazzafaegreenock

Gazzafaegreenock

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Bar fitted today by myself on a rent a ramp. Glad I had a 2 post lift to do it as I wouldn’t have fancied rolling around under the car wrestling to wiggle out the puny OEM one. I have to say the original spec bar fitted by Audi is abysmal. First impressions are that the car is definitely more accurate, with less roll and twist(I have pano roof). A definite must have mod. Bloody car should have came like this from factory.

Edited by Gazzafaegreenock, 27 October 2020 - 03:51 PM.

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK

I have the 034 equivalent on my 8P and the difference in turn in was remarkable, especially matched to the optional 255 fronts.

034 supplied superlube to grease it, and I continued with it for a while, buying my own from Amazon, but found it quite “ thirsty” and needed greasing approx every other month or it would creak. ( I’m not a high miler either) 

On recommendation I swapped to Castrol Moly and I haven't needed to grease it any where near as often maybe every 6 -8 months 
The Castrol Moly would appear thicker in consistancey and is retained in the bush longer. 

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.