H+R rear antiroll bar

64 replies to this topic

Dooahhdoo

Dooahhdoo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Well worth doing. Put a H&R on my 8V and on one of my favourite overtaking corners (dont worry, you can see whats coming) it almost took me by surprise how much better the turn in was during the overtake around the corner.

flybynite

flybynite

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Well worth doing. Put a H&R on my 8V and on one of my favourite overtaking corners (dont worry, you can see whats coming) it almost took me by surprise how much better the turn in was during the overtake around the corner.

Can't remember do you have a PFL or FL? I'm still on the fence with this on mine.

Problem for me is the FL saloon still needs some but it is about a third of what the PFL and 8p needed. Most of the ARBs have been designed for them and will give the later cars way too much and leave them with a bit too much lift-off oversteer for my liking.

I don't lift off often but I like it stable when I do  :D

I either need a rear with a weak setting or a front and rear setup where I can dial out some of the rear by adding a bit of front. Problem is some of the manufacturers give an increase over std, some don't which I find strange if you actually make the thing.

H&R are one that can't or won't say how much stiffer their bars are over std. Diameter is not a perfect measure as there are differing thicknesses and metals and a few solid jokers out there too.

The 034 adjustable setup is the one I'm looking at but they'll be over a grand fitted and will take a bit of fiddling with to get right before I forget them. At that price I have other things that are needed first and was hoping to find someone with a FL 8V saloon that has done it before that can convince me it has not messed up the high speed lift-off.

So far I have done the easy thing...............nothing  :rolleyes:

Dooahhdoo

Dooahhdoo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Sorry mate I am facelift 8V sportback (2018). Never experienced lift off oversteer in the RS3 but did have a Focus ST that used to do it just for a giggle every now and then to keep you alert :)

flybynite

flybynite

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

That's interesting, mine is the same age but saloon, not much in it but it will be no worse than the SB. I might give it a try as the rear is a lot easier than doing both. Am I right in thinking the H&R has 2 settings? Online photos differ

I have to admit I was a bit concened by the youtube vids of the 8v saloon lift-off oversteering round slow corners that made me think about the motorway-speed lane change issue that plagued the TT. It is not an issue most of the time as I trail brake into corners with the RS3 but I have been caught out on the motorway in a different car.

I did the RARB on our family wagon and it goes round corners much sweeter and really well balanced, however the longer wheelbase means it is less likely to step out. If I could get the RS3 to go round corners like that I'd be happy

Dooahhdoo

Dooahhdoo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Am I right in thinking the H&R has 2 settings? Online photos differ

No idea I am afraid. On my yearly service I pulled out a box and said fit them for me please :)

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.