BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Hi Callum66 

Cant really compare our stage 1 to a tte625, a tte500 is where you could compare. We will be developing a stage 2 to compare against a tte625 once we are 100% happy with our stage 1. 

Ben

Callum66

Callum66

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationMorayshire

Hi Callum66 

Cant really compare our stage 1 to a tte625, a tte500 is where you could compare. We will be developing a stage 2 to compare against a tte625 once we are 100% happy with our stage 1. 

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks but I wasn't asking you to compare your Hybrid with a 625. However, I still think the comparison I suggested is relevant. If MRC can deliver 512ps & 710nm on a FL car with no turbo then how great is the benefit in fitting any hybrid?

I understand it could be more area under the curve but is it? If it is then is where? Just at the top end where it's less likely to be used on a road car? I'm just about to start tuning a FL so particularly interested in what's available and whether it's good VFM.
Panther FL Sportback, HRE FF04 ET 47 8.5x19 + 235 MPS4’s, MSS Street Kit, Storm Forge FMIC, BCS Downpipe & Stage 2 Engine & DSG remap by DH & MRC 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Hi Ben,

Thanks but I wasn't asking you to compare your Hybrid with a 625. However, I still think the comparison I suggested is relevant. If MRC can deliver 512ps & 710nm on a FL car with no turbo then how great is the benefit in fitting any hybrid?

I understand it could be more area under the curve but is it? If it is then is where? Just at the top end where it's less likely to be used on a road car? I'm just about to start tuning a FL so particularly interested in what's available and whether it's good VFM.

Callum.

Ben's hybrid is fitted to a PFL & not a FL so your comparison isn't a valid one as there two different engines & turbos mate.

Dell.

Callum66

Callum66

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationMorayshire

Callum.

Ben's hybrid is fitted to a PFL & not a FL so your comparison isn't a valid one as there two different engines & turbos mate.

Dell.

Fair enough but I'm not having a go at Ben and was just trying to generate some discussion on the effectiveness of an aftermarket turbo. Apologies for the lack of relevance in my posting. I didn't realise that Ben only intended his turbo to be used on a PFL.
Panther FL Sportback, HRE FF04 ET 47 8.5x19 + 235 MPS4’s, MSS Street Kit, Storm Forge FMIC, BCS Downpipe & Stage 2 Engine & DSG remap by DH & MRC 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Fair enough but I'm not having a go at Ben and was just trying to generate some discussion on the effectiveness of an aftermarket turbo. Apologies for the lack of relevance in my posting. I didn't realise that Ben only intended his turbo to be used on a PFL.

Callum.

No problem mate as a friend has a tte500 on a 8p RS3 stock 340ps,450Nm after fitting the tte500 by MRC 521ps.788Nm  :84: 

Dell. 

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

The biggest issue people have is they can't see past a graph, we have tuned many many cars and built many hybrids. We have seen cars make over 600hp, other cars we built that made 460hp has pulled away from the 500hp+ cars. Work that out???  

I strongly suggest for any body that may be interested in our product is to phone MRC and get there real road opinion on this product......Also it will be none biases in the slightest. 

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

The PFL could only get to 450hp without a turbo upgrade so as Dell says good results for PFL owners. Whilst the cars themselves are similar (PFL vs FL) the engine is obviously very different and it seems the turbo is better out of the box in the FL.

Don't worry about posting stuff up, we're all friends here!

TX.

Edited by terminator x, 04 May 2018 - 08:35 AM.

Nardo RS4

Callum66

Callum66

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationMorayshire

The biggest issue people have is they can't see past a graph, we have tuned many many cars and built many hybrids. We have seen cars make over 600hp, other cars we built that made 460hp has pulled away from the 500hp+ cars. Work that out???.

Hi Ben,

Not sure if this is aimed at me but I'll comment anyway at the risk of being removed from the forum.

I don't understand why you are so dismissive of a graph. A graph from a back street outfit, particularly American pony power ones, is always going to be suspicious. I was asking about comparative graphs from a reputable company like MRC. I fully appreciate that even their dyno will have the potential to vary with atmospheric conditions & operator.

Working out why a 460hp car can pull away from a 500hp one is easy and I'm surprised that you even care to suggest that it's difficult. I would much rather have 460hp and a wide power band and lots of torque than something that only works between 6000 & 8000rpm.

Again, I'm not having a go at you or trying to be antagonist. I'm sure you can build a turbo & tune a car but facts are facts and the lack of any willingness to discuss figures always sounds like marketing to me.

Edited by Callum66, 04 May 2018 - 01:02 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
Callum.

I beleave the tte625 is being aimed at the FL engine as the tte500 was to the 8p/8v engines.

In doing so the owner would from a stock non mapped car get a bigger power per pound than just a remap could offer on the stock turbo.

Going from a stage 2+ to a hybrid turbo there's not such a big power per pound outcome.

Just a remap.
8p 400/420ish
8v 420/440ish
Can get more with added hardware etc.

tte500
8p 520ish
8v 510ish

tte625
FL 625ish

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 04 May 2018 - 03:19 PM.

Callum66

Callum66

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationMorayshire
Dell,

I feel guilty for going off topic and, unintentionally, derailing Ben's PFL turbo discussion so maybe the FL stuff should be on another thread?

Thanks,
Callum

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Perhaps we need a FL section  :ambulance:

TX.

Nardo RS4

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Hi Ben,

Not sure if this is aimed at me but I'll comment anyway at the risk of being removed from the forum.

I don't understand why you are so dismissive of a graph. A graph from a back street outfit, particularly American pony power ones, is always going to be suspicious. I was asking about comparative graphs from a reputable company like MRC. I fully appreciate that even their dyno will have the potential to vary with atmospheric conditions & operator.

Working out why a 460hp car can pull away from a 500hp one is easy and I'm surprised that you even care to suggest that it's difficult. I would much rather have 460hp and a wide power band and lots of torque than something that only works between 6000 & 8000rpm.

Again, I'm not having a go at you or trying to be antagonist. I'm sure you can build a turbo & tune a car but facts are facts and the lack of any willingness to discuss figures always sounds like marketing to me.

evening 

no the comment wasn't directed at you as such, maybe came across wrong.   

i am happy with that graph and our results for our first attempt, we can see where we may be able to improve on the graph, for example we have got great low down spool and response across mid range, so over all pretty good, but may need to try and improve and get a bit more hp to make people smile more, on the flip side doing this may loss the low down response. Sometimes you just cant have it both ways...What i was trying to say a graph does not give you a true feel of how a car performs on the road, hence why i said maybe call MRC for there opinion, As my customer said, the comments made by MRC about how low the power came in and how the car acted on the road was very impressive.

A good discussion is great and no offence taken at all matey.  Maybe come along sunday to our meet and have a coffee with a load of light minded car lovers.... They all love a good old discussion  :D

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Dell,
I feel guilty for going off topic and, unintentionally, derailing Ben's PFL turbo discussion so maybe the FL stuff should be on another thread?
Thanks,
Callum

Callum.

Don't worry about it mate as sometimes things can get a bit blurred on here 😂

The FL can get mapped to 500ish with other hardware & 625ish with the tte625 mate.

Dell.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Like i said in earlier posts, if some 1 is willing to donate a 8v fl turbocharger we are happy to work our magic and get it mapped by MRC to keep people saying we are biases if we tuned it.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Ben.

Are you drumming up even more trade for MRC ?  :89:

As if they need any more help in that dept mate. :P

Dell.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

LOL Dell its the quickest way to prove a product these days, We have loads of background on other models of cars but not with the RS3's or ttrs models. once we have none biases results and thoughts we then can proceed and show off our mapping skills also. 

We will be starting from scratch as you are well aware, but in no time we will be offering the full package, drive in drive out service. at respectable prices. And the biggest advantages of this is 

1. All work under one roof 

2. we cant point fingers at other companies if something goes wrong 

3. parts and labour warranty

4. great coffee

We also do service work while you wait, but you will have to make the coffee!  :P

Edited by BenTTU, 04 May 2018 - 06:06 PM.

Callum66

Callum66

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationMorayshire
Ben,
Thanks for the offer & I would certainly enjoy visiting you on Sunday but, unfortunately, living in Morayshire makes this a little impractical.
I sincerely hope your PFL turbo does well and I'm not doubting that MRC like it.

Dell,
As you can guess, my car is a FL; it has all of 100 miles on it. Next week I have a Wagner IC being fitted in preparation for a downpipe & remap. I'm trying to exercise patience and wait on Nigel @BCS producing a downpipe.
I visited MRC a few weeks ago and would like them to do the mapping. The big question is, hence my interest in this thread, do I just crack on and fit a Hybrid at the same time? Gone are the days when I'm easily impressed with top end figures. I would like some facts to know what it does to the bottom end and mid range. If 625 is only available after 6000rpm then it's of no interest as I don't go to the pub.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Ben.

With your mods,down pipe,intercooler & remap at MRC you may see the same as billys FL  510ps so do you need anymore ?

I can tell you mine an't 510ps but its too fast for most roads barring motorways & thats only if you like prison food mate. :P

Dell.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

We are building a 700hp+ rs4 b5, so yes more is better Dell  :D

Attached Images

• IMG-20180504-WA0006.jpg

Callum66

Callum66

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationMorayshire
Dell,
That's the right question. The answer to which has got to be no, I don't need it, as my knackered, 200hp Forester could easily get me locked up let alone a 395hp RS3 tuned to 500 or 625.

Billy's result would be perfectly acceptable but a trip to MRC is a fair investment for me. Probably three days off work, £1k to MRC and 1000, mainly boring, miles on the car. If it was a no brainer then now would be the time to fit a hybrid. However, if I need to trade bottom end torque & spool time then I would give it a miss & stick with Stage 2.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.