TTE500

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Wicked stuff, so info I have gathered may be out dated. Still plenty more for development this is our first attempt after all:)

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
As per my original comment, for the extra cash spent on changing out the turbo I'd be expecting higher figures.

I've fitted

Full Milltek decat exhaust.
Autotech hpfp.
Hperformace intake pipe.
Hperformace cold air feed.
Forge fmic.
Hi-flo air filter fitted to oem airbox.
Mrc stage2 software.

Edited by Pil5burydoughboy, 02 May 2018 - 10:02 PM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

As per my original comment, for the extra cash spent on changing out the turbo I'd be expecting higher figures.

Remember people have and will pay between £1k-£2k for an exhaust system alone or be a complete idiot (like me) and spent £700 on a bit of carbon. So the TTE isn’t that expensive in the great scheme of things if you do your homework.

Bens may be cheaper too so bang for buck may be a good way to go?

Edited by JayRS3, 02 May 2018 - 10:01 PM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Wicked stuff, so info I have gathered may be out dated. Still plenty more for development this is our first attempt after all:)

remember Ben TTE have recently revealed a newer version of their popular 500 turbo so they may be hitting what you’ve been getting after some testing. Bit unknown at the moment

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

Remember people have and will pay between £1k-£2k for an exhaust system alone or be a complete idiot (like me) and spent £700 on a bit of carbon. So the TTE isn’t that expensive in the great scheme of things if you do your homework.

Bens may be cheaper too so bang for buck may be a good way to go?

Why?
Similar figures at stage2, why spend the cash on a turbo for stage2 figures.

Edited by Pil5burydoughboy, 02 May 2018 - 10:05 PM.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

All I can say we will keep pushing! And the customer gave me some good feed back. So maybe give mrc a call as they have drove both types of hybrids on the road? Plus I suppose a none biases  answer. 

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Why?

Would you be willing to drag race this theory? Loser pays for the tank of fuel  :P

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

Would you be willing to drag race this theory? Loser pays for the tank of fuel :P

Top end on a 1/4 mile you may just have me but on a back road they'll be no difference.

Folk that have upgraded their turbo i.e. tte500 are running similar torque & higher bhp, credit to you for trying your own thing but there are obviously better things tried & tested on the market.

Edited by Pil5burydoughboy, 02 May 2018 - 10:30 PM.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

I'm just a tad confused, every dyno plot on Audi sports to date none of them are hitting 760nm with same spec, and 2 guys on here have said figuers.  :unsure:

Also customer went from a stage 2+ to this spec now and said it's a massive difference in power.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Top end on a 1/4 mile you may just have me but on a back road they'll be no difference.

Folk that have upgraded their turbo i.e. tte500 are running similar torque & higher bhp, credit to you for trying your own thing but there are obviously better things tried & tested on the market.

Be good to see  B)

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

I'm just a tad confused, every dyno plot on Audi sports to date none of them are hitting 760nm with same spec, and 2 guys on here have said figuers. :unsure:

Also customer went from a stage 2+ to this spec now and said it's a massive difference in power.

Take a look at Mrc Facebook page & you'll see exactly what figures their cars produce & at what level of modification, there's loads of RS3's running this power at stage2.

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen
Ben myself & Dell both run stage2+ RS3 8p's with MRC software, your car is also on the Mrc dyno so you can't really complain about the figures, Jay has a tte500 fitted hence the higher bhp.
I can only suggest that your customers car that was previously stage2+ wasn't mapped correctly.
My car since Mrc tuned has been on 3 separate dynos & all produced very similar figures.

Edited by Pil5burydoughboy, 02 May 2018 - 10:54 PM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

I'm just a tad confused, every dyno plot on Audi sports to date none of them are hitting 760nm with same spec, and 2 guys on here have said figuers.  :unsure:

Ben.

The 8v engine is slightly different to the 8p one & when remapped don't seem to get the higher Nm's but slightly better ps figures than the 8p.

Doug at MRC 8v does 465ps & 752Nm with stock turbo,his is more than likely a stage 2+ jobby.

Even with the tte500 kit fitted the 8v only stay 10/15ps in front of the 8p but still looses out to the 8p in the Nm stakes mate.

Dell.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Ben myself & Dell both run stage2+ RS3 8p's with MRC software, your car is also on the Mrc dyno so you can't really complain about the figures, Jay has a tte500 fitted hence the higher bhp.
I can only suggest that your customers car that was previously stage2+ wasn't mapped correctly.
My car since Mrc tuned has been on 3 separate dynos & all produced very similar figures.

Sorry but I'm not moaning! I am just clearly trying to put a new product out there, we have built many types of hybrids and plenty of fast cars. We are just finding our feet with the RS3 models, and this is our very first attempt.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Dell it seems we still have a lot to learn about the platforms chararistics. 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.
Ben.

I'm just getting you up to speed mate & have no intentions of raining on your parade.

People like yourself have to start somewhere & develop your product,just keep doing what doing mate.👍

Dell.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Why?

Isn’t that like saying spending the money you spent on your full exhaust system was pointless if your getting the similar figures to a stock decat system?

Depends what route people want to go, everyone’s different. And as Ben has said this is just the beginning so there may be more progress on this turbo.

Edited by JayRS3, 03 May 2018 - 08:02 AM.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

All comments are great! This what drives us to keep pushing.. more to come guys!

Callum66

Callum66

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationMorayshire
It would be great to see an MRC Stage 2 tune graph overlaid with a Hybrid TTU / TTE 625 to see where the gains really are. I appreciate it's always diminishing returns financially but £4K for a turbo / second remap is a lot over the top of an intercooler, downpipe & remap, probably double.
Part of the quandary is that MRC are getting amazing results at Stage 2 as stated above. 500hp / 700+nm is a heady baseline.
Panther FL Sportback, HRE FF04 ET 47 8.5x19 + 235 MPS4’s, MSS Street Kit, Storm Forge FMIC, BCS Downpipe & Stage 2 Engine & DSG remap by DH & MRC 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿.

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.