• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
Thanks everyone! I know they are trying to fob me off! I am really starting to lose my patience with them!!

I asked Audi UK to ask the same question to see what response they get... I am assuming it will be the same as what they have told me!! Not sure what more I can do.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Danny

Danny

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

More dealer bulls h i t t e r y.

I've have nothing but praise for Worthing Audi. I had my fair share of issues with my 8p, but the service team sorted me right out, even when they knew my car was mapped. Nothing lasts. So disappointed with you're recent experience. 

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

If you are lossing engine oil, how can it be coming from the mechatronics??  Personally I would be calling it a day! 

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

If you are lossing engine oil, how can it be coming from the mechatronics?? Personally I would be calling it a day!

That's the point we are trying to make...

As we have invested a lot of money into the car it's not as simple as calling it a day.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

I mean with Audi and take it to an indi like us. And put the hole headache behind you. 

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

I mean with Audi and take it to an indi like us. And put the hole headache behind you.

We may end up having to do that but it will be at my cost so I am leaving it to be the very last option at the moment. It will take the headache away until it's major repairs with a hefty repair bill!

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
After another 4 weeks of being down South. The RS3 has just been delivered back to me! Let's see how long it lasts this time.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Fingers crossed - hope this is the end of your problems Daniie & you can get on enjoying the car.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Fingers crossed - hope this is the end of your problems Daniie & you can get on enjoying the car.

Thanks Rob. I hope so too.

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
Praying 🙏🏻 for you guys

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Praying for you guys

Thank you

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

So what was the problem in the end ? 

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

So what was the problem in the end ?

They are standing by their diagnosis of it being the gearbox control unit. Apparently they have tested it and there hasn't been any leaks...

Still doesn't explain why we are losing engine oil! Nobody is able to give me an answer!

I accepted the return of the RS3 on the basis that in 4 weeks time it will go to Nottingham Audi to be checked and if we are still losing oil then the car is to stay with Nottingham and they will take over! I have this in writing.

Nothing more we can do until it goes in to be checked! Just a waiting game now.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Aye!  I am going to put a ÂŁ10 bet on, that this thread will end up over 10 pages  :P

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
Round 4... here we go!!

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

Round 4... here we go!!

I'd have demanded my money back and moved on by now. There's plenty of hassle free cars out there and you'd have been enjoying ownership by now and not suffering what's probably a very stressful saga. :(

Hope it gets sorted for you.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

I'd have demanded my money back and moved on by now. There's plenty of hassle free cars out there and you'd have been enjoying ownership by now and not suffering what's probably a very stressful saga. :(

Hope it gets sorted for you.

If getting my money was an easy option I would of done it. I will have to go to court and it could take between 12 and 18 months to get a full refund.

Thanks. We have got to wait until Nottingham can get it in to have a look at it and see where we go from there.

tommy354

tommy354

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Round 4... here we go!!

Feel so sorry for you bud, I know I would be losing my mind be now! Do you not think it may have just got to the point of maybe trying at least a 2nd hand engine or something? I’m really surprised an Audi garage hasn’t been able to diagnose the problem. Tbh when I read that they said it was the gearbox controller I thought it couldn’t be right with you saying you was losing engine oil. Just have to hope Nottingham will be able to sort the issue. If it was me I would be posting all this on social media they would sort something then, I have done it in the past with things posting on official pages seems to get a response. Anyway hope you get it sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Feel so sorry for you bud, I know I would be losing my mind be now! Do you not think it may have just got to the point of maybe trying at least a 2nd hand engine or something? I’m really surprised an Audi garage hasn’t been able to diagnose the problem. Tbh when I read that they said it was the gearbox controller I thought it couldn’t be right with you saying you was losing engine oil. Just have to hope Nottingham will be able to sort the issue. If it was me I would be posting all this on social media they would sort something then, I have done it in the past with things posting on official pages seems to get a response. Anyway hope you get it sorted

I am losing my patience more than anything. I lost it with Worthing in the middle of Nottingham and a lot of other customers over heard. We have considered getting the work done ourselves but it will be at my cost and at the moment Worthing have sorted all the costs. I can't go on social media with it as if we end up in court it could go against us. Hopefully a fresh set of eyes will help sort it.

tommy354

tommy354

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

I am losing my patience more than anything. I lost it with Worthing in the middle of Nottingham and a lot of other customers over heard. We have considered getting the work done ourselves but it will be at my cost and at the moment Worthing have sorted all the costs. I can't go on social media with it as if we end up in court it could go against us. Hopefully a fresh set of eyes will help sort it.

It’s understandable you losing it, I think I would have lost it long ago. I suppose the only good thing is the costs are covered, I hope you get it sorted pal. I guess it’s just a waiting game now to see when you can get it in and then hopefully fixed. At least they can’t diagnose it with the same thing again

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.