• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
Thanks all. We definitely enjoyed the drive back! We can start enjoying it properly now! Watch this space...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
So after 8 weeks of having our RS3 back. Today it has had to go back down South due to it still leaking oil... only this time it is a lot worse than last time

Hopefully we should get some answers over the next few days once it has been stripped down.

We are gutted!

Will post any updates as and when we get them.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Nooooo - really sorry to hear about this Daniie.

Lets just hope its noting too serious & it gets resolved & back in your hands really soon?

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Nooooo - really sorry to hear about this Daniie.

Lets just hope its noting too serious & it gets resolved & back in your hands really soon?

As much as I would like to hope it's nothing serious, I don't think it's going to be great news, not with how much oil it's going through.

Just got to wait to hear from Audi now, It's going to be a long few days waiting for that call!

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
So after 5 weeks of the RS3 going back to Worthing Audi. She has finally returned home! Fingers crossed that everything is now sorted and we can actually keep the car with us for more than month before it needing to go back!!

Lets hope that 2018 brings us better luck with the car.

Daniie

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

I had similar issues with Duchess, however Bath Audi were really supportive and fixed the issue and yes it had to go back but it got fixed. Hopefully the last time yours goes back!

Now start enjoying that fine red RS of yours, very nice colour / Alupack touch! 

Saving for an RS6😎

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

I had similar issues with Duchess, however Bath Audi were really supportive and fixed the issue and yes it had to go back but it got fixed. Hopefully the last time yours goes back!

Glad I am not the only one that's had issues!

Worthing have been pretty good they came and collected the car and brought me a courtesy car. I am 200 miles away from them. It was just their communication skills that could of been better.

Hope so! I will get it checked after 1000 miles and hope this time that there isn't any oil where there shouldn't be.

She is very pretty! Took us 6 months to find the right one! She is definitely worth it!

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Hi Daniie,

Glad to hear you finally got the RS back. Wow 5 weeks is a long wait, out of curiosity what was the cause of the 2nd oil loss?

Hopefully now all sorted & you can continue to enjoy the RS  :up_it:

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Hi Daniie,

Glad to hear you finally got the RS back. Wow 5 weeks is a long wait, out of curiosity what was the cause of the 2nd oil loss?
Hopefully now all sorted & you can continue to enjoy the RS :up_it:

Hi Rob

It has been a long wait. The cause of the 2nd oil leak was the timing chain cover that they previously fitted when doing the head gasket was either faulty or they didn't fit it correctly.

Hopefully we can. However when getting into the car for the first time I noticed there was a bolt in the driver's side foot well. So I sent a picture across to Worthing Audi and they are sending a technician up today! Hopefully this is just a case of them accidentally leaving a bolt in there....

I will update later on

poolmeds

poolmeds

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

wow i read this part too quickly....it can read something totally different  :D

Panther Black / Dynamic pack / Technology pack / Comfort & sound pack / Design pack / panoramic roof / Super sport seats with RED stitching / Black wheels / Folding heated mirrors / black exterior pack / reverse camera / Privacy glass / Cruise control

PREVIOUS: MK7 Golf GTD DSG / MK6 Golf R DSG / Megane F1 Renaultsport / Mk6 Golf R DSG / Volvo C30 T5 R-Design / Audi A3 tdi S-line / Megane 225 Renaultsport / Clio 182 Renaultsport

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
The bolt turned out to be an old bolt.

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
Here we go again!!

3 weeks of having the car back and were losing oil!!!

Audi UK are now involved!!

Updates will follow as we get them.

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
You're kidding?!! I can't believe the bad luck you're having with this car.

What scope do you have to give the car back to the supplying dealer?

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Mine was exactly the same on the old 8P. It went in to Audi for the chains to be replaced .When it came back chains were nice and quiet but now it had a horrendous oil leak which wasn`t there before. They had to strip the engine again at their cost. Muppets.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

You're kidding?!! I can't believe the bad luck you're having with this car.

What scope do you have to give the car back to the supplying dealer?

Tell me about it! Although I was never convinced it was the head gasket in the first place.

I have no chance with the original dealer. However I have warned Audi UK that I will be seeking legal advice as had I of known I was going to keep having problems I would of had a refund whilst I was still eligible and they tried very hard to talk me out of getting legal advice. So they must know I stand a chance if I go to court.

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Mine was exactly the same on the old 8P. It went in to Audi for the chains to be replaced .When it came back chains were nice and quiet but now it had a horrendous oil leak which wasn`t there before. They had to strip the engine again at their cost. Muppets.

Originally when we first had issues the dealer we brought it from told Audi Worthing that it was the gearbox. Then when the car got to them and the gearbox and subframe was fine they dropped the engine out and said it was the head gasket. But they told me this after an hour of the engine being out... However the car showed no signs of it being the head gasket I.e oil in the water or water in the oil. I think they have missed something. The second time it went back was because they didn't fit the timing chain cover properly.

I have asked them to check the chains and they said the chains are fine.

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Tell me about it! Although I was never convinced it was the head gasket in the first place.

I have no chance with the original dealer. However I have warned Audi UK that I will be seeking legal advice as had I of known I was going to keep having problems I would of had a refund whilst I was still eligible and they tried very hard to talk me out of getting legal advice. So they must know I stand a chance if I go to court.

What an absolute pain in the arse, you must have had enough by now.

I really hope you get this sorted once and for all, it's just not right to spend this amount of money on a car to be dogged with an issue like this.

It might be worth having an initial chat with your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Very often they can tee up a free consultation with a solicitor for you, that way you'd know exactly where you stand legally before taking it further with Audi UK.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Good grief,

I dont think you could make this up if you tried.

Good luck and hopefully it will all get sorted and you will have the car back as it should be 

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

What an absolute pain in the arse, you must have had enough by now.

I really hope you get this sorted once and for all, it's just not right to spend this amount of money on a car to be dogged with an issue like this.

It might be worth having an initial chat with your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Very often they can tee up a free consultation with a solicitor for you, that way you'd know exactly where you stand legally before taking it further with Audi UK.

I have had enough. We have owned it 6 months and it's been in the garage for 3 months.

Thank You,

Yes I think I might do that.

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Good grief,

I dont think you could make this up if you tried.

Good luck and hopefully it will all get sorted and you will have the car back as it should be

I know, we can't believe it. Worse thing is Audi Worthing are just as shocked as we are and their suppose to be fixing it!

Thanks Roy

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.