128 replies to this topic

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
Hi All

After speaking to Audi the oil leak has turned out to be a lot worse than what we originally thought...

Audi have confirmed that the oil is coming from the head gasket. So not only did the gearbox and subframe come off the engine has also had to come out. I asked about the timing chain and they had only just got the head off and was just stripping it down to see. However they did say it wasn't looking good.

I will keep you guys updated as and when we know anything.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Sorry to hear about this, hope it gets resolved soon.

I presume my Ex RS is still covered by extended Audi warranty?

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
That doesn't sound great!

Is there a chance you could be refunded and look elsewhere for another car?

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Sorry to hear about this, hope it gets resolved soon.

I presume my Ex RS is still covered by extended Audi warranty?

There's no extended Audi warranty on it as far as we are aware. We got 3 months or 3000 miles (whichever comes first) warranty from the garage we brought it from so the work is being done under them. Luckily we had only done 2960 miles in 2 months! We was very close to not being covered!

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

That doesn't sound great!

Is there a chance you could be refunded and look elsewhere for another car?

It's not the best news, however Audi are doing the work and putting a new head gasket on it and whatever else is required. It's just going to take a bit longer than expected.

The last time we spoke to the garage about a refund they only offered to buy the car back at a negotiated rate!! We have been looking for other ones just in case but it took us 6 months to find our one and for the spec we want they are few and far between. So this will be the very last option. We love our car too much to let it go

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

There's no extended Audi warranty on it as far as we are aware. We got 3 months or 3000 miles (whichever comes first) warranty from the garage we brought it from so the work is being done under them. Luckily we had only done 2960 miles in 2 months! We was very close to not being covered!

I wasn't sure if you had taken out Audi extended warranty or not - I did when I owned it & glad it did as I had a couple of claims through it during my ownership. 1 for paintwork  & 1 for high pressure fuel pump & ECU replacement that both failed without warning & left me stuck at a junction!

I would advise taking out Audi extended warranty if you can, as it can save you a fortune.

Glad to see you were covered by your dealers warranty (just) & that Audi are on top of things - hope you get it back soon.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

I wasn't sure if you had taken out Audi extended warranty or not - I did when I owned it & glad it did as I had a couple of claims through it during my ownership. 1 for paintwork & 1 for high pressure fuel pump & ECU replacement that both failed without warning & left me stuck at a junction!

I would advise taking out Audi extended warranty if you can, as it can save you a fortune.

Glad to see you were covered by your dealers warranty (just) & that Audi are on top of things - hope you get it back soon.

I will give our local Audi garage a call about extended warranty. Thank you ☺

Did you have any other problems?

It's been a fight with them but they have backed down and got it done. We was hoping this weekend but it's looking very doubtful.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

No need to visit or call Audi, you can do it on line -
just visit https://www.audi.co....d-warranty.html

No other problems encountered with the car during my 18 months of ownersip -  It ran like a dream  B) 

As you already know, I fitted all in interior LED's including the rear number plate LED's the only other addition I made was having cruise control retro fitted.

Yes, I can imagine you've had a bit of a battle with them - but at least its getting sorted now & you can look forward to its return in good health.

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

No need to visit or call Audi, you can do it on line -
just visit https://www.audi.co....d-warranty.html

No other problems encountered with the car during my 18 months of ownersip - It ran like a dream B)

As you already know, I fitted all in interior LED's including the rear number plate LED's the only other addition I made was having cruise control retro fitted.

Yes, I can imagine you've had a bit of a battle with them - but at least its getting sorted now & you can look forward to its return in good health.

Thank you for sending me the link.

Oh that's reassuring. It is a beautiful car.

We can't wait to get it back, we have missed it so much!

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

I forgot to mention, I have quite a few pictures of the RS before my purchase & when I traded it in to Audi as part payment for my current 8v
If you are interested, PM me an email address & i'll mail them over to you?

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
UPDATE ALERT

Spoken to Audi today for an update and after an engine rebuild the car is finally being pieced back together.! Car should be back together Monday morning, they will then keep it for a few days for testing and hopefully if no problems occur we should be able to pick it up that weekend...

The end is near!

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Great news!  B)

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Good for you DaniieR and a good lesson for us jaded RS3 owners that perseverance with Audi, on rare occasions, can actually pay off.

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire

Good for you DaniieR and a good lesson for us jaded RS3 owners that perseverance with Audi, on rare occasions, can actually pay off.

To be fair in this whole process the 3 Audi dealerships that the car has been to have all been amazing and very helpful. Service wise we couldn't ask for any better. The main issue we have had is the garage we bought the car from which wasn't an Audi dealership but in the end they sent it to Audi to have the work done.

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
UPDATE

I have just had the long awaited phone call that our RS3 is all better and ready for collection!

Saturday can not come quick enough!

DaniieRussell

DaniieRussell

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire
So after 4 very long weeks, lots of frustrating conversations and a major repair. We have finally got our RS3 back! 3c6cecf2208adabc0dde63c6436563f2.jpg

Mattjj82

Mattjj82

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Good news, enjoy  :D

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
Finally you can start enjoying the car!

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Great news Dannie, hope she gives you many more happy motoring miles.

Also great to see my Ex RS still looking good.  :up_it:

Danny

Danny

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Finally. Good to hear Dan. Enjoy.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.