• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I have read the car is already at its limit, especially with the rear diff issues..... Most don't produce the quoted 350 bhp either. It appears that they produce about 320 bhp and can produce 350 on overboost for short periods.

Do you know what I'm going to do? I am going to go and test drive one today.... take one for the team.... I will let you know what I think/catch.

There are 2 for sale at AUL Ford local to me and I'm tempted to, but to be honest why would I waste their time ?
Especially pulling up the the RS3

Never been one for going round garages test driving cars I have no intention of buying.......

coxeterj

coxeterj

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationMiddle England.

There are 2 for sale at AUL Ford local to me and I'm tempted to, but to be honest why would I waste their time ?
Especially pulling up the the RS3

Never been one for going round garages test driving cars I have no intention of buying.......

Wasting a stealers time is hardly a bad thing! Besides this is a scientific experiment for the greater good! :)

Current cars: Audi RS3 8V and BMW M235i convertible.

Gone but not forgotten: BMW M135i, Audi S3 8P, Gen 2 Mini Cooper JCW, Gen 2 Mini Cooper S, Alfa Romeo Spider V6, Mk5 Golf R32, Honda Civic Type R FN2, Ford Focus ST, Honda Civic Type R EP3.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Wasting a stealers time is hardly a bad thing! Besides this is a scientific experiment for the greater good! :)

It's bad enough having to go into an Audi dealer without further torture by going into a Ford dealer........

Some of the crap these salesmen talk when trying to sell a car is laughable.

coxeterj

coxeterj

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

It's bad enough having to go into an Audi dealer without further torture by going into a Ford dealer........

Some of the crap these salesmen talk when trying to sell a car is laughable.

I did toy with the idea of getting a 5.0 Mustang.... my experience at the stealer and his pushy tactics put me right off. Plus I would have gotten bored of it very quickly.

Gone but not forgotten: BMW M135i, Audi S3 8P, Gen 2 Mini Cooper JCW, Gen 2 Mini Cooper S, Alfa Romeo Spider V6, Mk5 Golf R32, Honda Civic Type R FN2, Ford Focus ST, Honda Civic Type R EP3.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I did toy with the idea of getting a 5.0 Mustang.... my experience at the stealer and his pushy tactics put me right off. Plus I would have gotten bored of it very quickly.

It'll be interesting to see what you make of the Focus.....

Maybe you could take a life size photo copy of an Audi Interior and tape it over the Focus dash.

135i king

135i king

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
Sean you can map it and keep the warranty valid though so that's not such an issue in reality is it?

Coxeterj - You're comments and the fact you made this thread tells me exactly what type of a guy you are so what you say bares no meaning because you're simply a bell. You keep "reading".

I wouldn't even mind I've rebelled being a Fast ford lover for years as it's all my brother/dad have ever had so I'm no Ford fan boy that's for sure but after driving the new RS it is a proper drivers car no doubt about it.

Is it a better all round daily performance road car? No definitely not but it is 10k+ cheaper whatever way you want to look at it, and time will tell which holds its value best, the Mk2 FRS has done very well with decent ones still at 22k+ which is similar to the 8p that's newer and fewer of.

Badge snobbery at its worst on this thread. We all clearly like fast performance cars so why be so ignorant towards other marque's out there? I'd have every fast hatch back on the market if I could afford it.. Non of them are exactly rubbish this day and age.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Sean you can map it and keep the warranty valid though so that's not such an issue in reality is it?

Coxeterj - You're comments and the fact you made this thread tells me exactly what type of a guy you are so what you say bares no meaning because you're simply a bell. You keep "reading".

I wouldn't even mind I've rebelled being a Fast ford lover for years as it's all my brother/dad have ever had so I'm no Ford fan boy that's for sure but after driving the new RS it is a proper drivers car no doubt about it.

Is it a better all round daily performance road car? No definitely not but it is 10k+ cheaper whatever way you want to look at it, and time will tell which holds its value best, the Mk2 FRS has done very well with decent ones still at 22k+ which is similar to the 8p that's newer and fewer of.

Badge snobbery at its worst on this thread. We all clearly like fast performance cars so why be so ignorant towards other marque's out there? I'd have every fast hatch back on the market if I could afford it.. Non of them are exactly rubbish this day and age.

I wouldn't map anything......let alone the Focus.

I've owned a lot of hot hatches over the years and liked each and every one of them, always saved and moved up to a better car each time, wouldn't say I'm a badge snob by any stretch, I will say though Audi do make a bloody great interior, the best at this price range I feel.

135i king

135i king

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

For a daily driver I just couldn't live with a manual anymore... too much traffic etc. Manuals belong on caterhams and lotus's. Besides I wouldn't want the naff Ford gear lever touching my skin.

Why would i want to test drive one when I drive the best already ;) ?

Besides when theres that hot girl who asks what you drive you would have to say 'errrrrrr I drive a ford focus'. and then she would get in and vomit all over the dashboard and your chances would be blown. :ambulance:

^ The badge snobbery was aimed at this comment. Whilst on that.. if you have to bed a hot girl by saying "I drive an Audi RS3 😁" then I feel sorry for you & that girl will leave you for the next guy in his M3 😂

Why you wouldn't want to make your hyper hatch sound and go better is beyond me though.. I get the argument with the warranty being void as its just not worth the risk. But if it's warranty friendly and you're a bit of a thrill seeker (having a hyper hatch and all) then there's no reason not to mod.

coxeterj

coxeterj

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Yep thats me a badge snob...... Having owned a Focus ST and 2 civic type R's........

Nice one....  :lol:

Shush now.....

Back to your cave.

coxeterj

coxeterj

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

^ The badge snobbery was aimed at this comment. Whilst on that.. if you have to bed a hot girl by saying "I drive an Audi RS3 " then I feel sorry for you & that girl will leave you for the next guy in his M3

Why you wouldn't want to make your hyper hatch sound and go better is beyond me though.. I get the argument with the warranty being void as its just not worth the risk. But if it's warranty friendly and you're a bit of a thrill seeker (having a hyper hatch and all) then there's no reason not to mod.

It was tongue in cheek.....

I am married you tool. Do you think I honestly believe a woman would be impressed by an Audi hatchback with a noisy exhaust? My wife says its ugly.... 

Edited by coxeterj, 11 April 2017 - 08:48 AM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Yep thats me a badge snob...... Having owned a Focus ST and 2 civic type R's........

Nice one.... :lol:

Shush now.....

Back to your cave.

Ahhh the Focus ST, I had one (2008 FL) for about 7 months

When I part ex'd it for a Type R GT the Honda made it look positively antiquated in looks and interior

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

So who's getting a Focus RS then ?????

coxeterj

coxeterj

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Haha! Great minds think alike! I had a 56 plate pre facelift one then also got the Type R GT. That thing was like a space ship inside. Honda do decent interiors in my opinion. In fact Kia and Hyundai do better interiors than Ford!

There's no excuse for that interior on a 35k car!!!!

Edited by coxeterj, 11 April 2017 - 09:39 AM.

135i king

135i king

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
You made the comments cox not me.

Why wouldn't a woman be impressed with a noisy Audi hatchback?
You clearly are, got your d*ck in hand over your Audi hatchback pal

coxeterj

coxeterj

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Wow you really do have a chip on your shoulder! Perhaps you may be better off spending time on the focus RS owners club. There will be more of your type on there 😂

135i king

135i king

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
Not really. If you read through the comments I've made all I've really said about the focus is it drives exceptionally well from a performance stand point.

The RS3 is better all round, it's more expensive so it's expected to be.

I just don't like you due to the comments you've made & the actual fact you took time out on a Friday to write a post slagging a car you've never drove to justify that you bought the right car in the RS3.

You're a sad man.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

The RS3 is £10k more expensive for a reason though. A lot of S3 owners couldn't see the "value" in that either which is their big loss to be fair. The RS3 is far more than the sum of its parts imho.

TX.

Nardo RS4

coxeterj

coxeterj

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Not really. If you read through the comments I've made all I've really said about the focus is it drives exceptionally well from a performance stand point.
The RS3 is better all round, it's more expensive so it's expected to be.
I just don't like you due to the comments you've made & the actual fact you took time out on a Friday to write a post slagging a car you've never drove to justify that you bought the right car in the RS3.
You're a sad man.

It's nice to be able to have the time to do that.... and apart from your comments it has in general been an entertaining thread.

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Just seen a video on Youtube with an RS owner talking about his early build car needing a new engine (after 24,000kms) mentioned that lots of these cars will be past warranty when they reach this sort of mileage... cracked engine block apparently, makes the RS3's chocolate brakes a bit less annoying.

Also the journo's now seem to distancing themselves from the car too, heard plenty say over the last couple of months that it understeers like a pig... remind me of any other +300BHP 4WD cars? ;) many of them dropped the Focus as soon as the M2 appeared on the roads. They have magazines to sell after all :)

Edited by kalexan, 11 April 2017 - 04:26 PM.

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRed Rose County
Garage View Garage

Another:

And another:

Poor show by Ford!

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.