RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Gentlemen,
I'm looking down the barrel of the 60 000 km Service next week and have previously purchased a set of NGK ILFR7H plugs (2016 PFL Cast-block Engine). There's been lots of discussion about whether or not to go OEM and stomach the cost or use good quality non-OEM, so would welcome expert opinion whether to bite the bullet or to fit the NGK set over the weekend?
It appears the 2017+ Engines use the 'J' plug which I understand is an 8-Heat Range Plug, but I believe mine was the 079 905 626E plug which is a 7-Heat Range and has the more traditional terminal.
I welcome your thoughts please gentlemen.

Many thanks,
Jim

Jim

The J plug superseded the E plug the E which was used in the 8P then the J in the 8v followed on with the up to date L plug.

I don't know about the Es being 7s & the Js being 8s.

I'm using 079905626L in my MRC Stage 2+ 8P without any ill effects mate.

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 31 May 2019 - 10:08 PM.

RS3 8P 2012 Phantom Black, Bucket Seats,Optic Black Pack, MRC Stage 2,+ DSG Remap, Forge Intercooler, Autotech HPFP, HG Motorsport Intake Pipe, Pipercross Airfilter,Powerflex Gearbox & Dog Bone Mount Inserts, Fully Decatted OEM Exhaust, 443Ps 777Nm,Reyland 2 piece Discs & DS2500s All Round,Bilstein B14, 034 ARB.MPS4s,VCDs User.

Gobi One

Gobi One

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AUSTRALIA

Thanks Dell,

I'm as sure as I dare that the dealer will put in the right plugs, but did buy these NGKs some time back and understood they were correct (for 2016 8V PFL iron-block)? Not so sure now, so may just have to suck it up.

I have a couple of pistons from my old WRX and Kawasaki 750 Turbo days with holes in them... "offerings to the God of Speed"... not from plug issues but leaning out at full boost. I'd rather not repeat this and add an RS3 piston to the shelf.

Appreciate any further comments from the pros..... 

This forum still the best by miles IMHO... lots to learn and will make sure they clean the Haldex Pump Screen.

Thanks,

Jim

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Thanks Dell,
I'm as sure as I dare that the dealer will put in the right plugs, but did buy these NGKs some time back and understood they were correct (for 2016 8V PFL iron-block)? Not so sure now, so may just have to suck it up.

I have a couple of pistons from my old WRX and Kawasaki 750 Turbo days with holes in them... "offerings to the God of Speed"... not from plug issues but leaning out at full boost. I'd rather not repeat this and add an RS3 piston to the shelf.

Appreciate any further comments from the pros..... 

This forum still the best by miles IMHO... lots to learn and will make sure they clean the Haldex Pump Screen.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim.

Your show your age Kawasaki 750 turbo mate 😁

I holed quite a few pistons on my F2 tuned Yamaha RD350LCs 😫

Dell.
RS3 8P 2012 Phantom Black, Bucket Seats,Optic Black Pack, MRC Stage 2,+ DSG Remap, Forge Intercooler, Autotech HPFP, HG Motorsport Intake Pipe, Pipercross Airfilter,Powerflex Gearbox & Dog Bone Mount Inserts, Fully Decatted OEM Exhaust, 443Ps 777Nm,Reyland 2 piece Discs & DS2500s All Round,Bilstein B14, 034 ARB.MPS4s,VCDs User.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts
  • LocationBack in a RS

What tyre pressures are people running ?

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

What tyre pressures are people running ?

Tyre pressures on a spark plug thread🤔🤷‍♂️

41psi & 39psi

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,041 posts

Tyre pressures on a spark plug thread

41psi & 39psi

Looks like his carer left the keyboard out again........

Gobi One

Gobi One

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AUSTRALIA

Nice shooting Tex.... 

60 000 km service done... the first to my account after 0 - 45000 km on a freebie corporate deal. Pretty sure I won't be back at the dealer though, as 2016 models only came with a 3-year warranty so into the new year, roll on a little chip tuning. And changing oil isn't exactly tough.

I believe the basic factory service bill for 5 x OEM plugs is around A$200... so around GBP110. Someone's making money!

No mention of tyre pressures here.....

Thanks as always for excellent tech advice.... and the banter.

Cheers,

Jim

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.