0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Sean

I thought you were quite happy with the Delphi pads.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Sean
I thought you were quite happy with the Delphi pads.

The fitment issue caused the pads to keep developing a lip.

Delphi are a waste of time, never seemed interested in replacing them even after numerous promises.

nickrs3

nickrs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Ok so I fitted the Ferodo DS2500 yesterday.

I must say these particular pads were a nice fit in the Brembo caliper, largely due to the fact they like most Ferodo performance pads don’t come with shims.

I’d noticed with the TRW pads that the shims would cause the pads to get ‘wedged’ in the caliper opening, think of a tapered slot and pushing a tapered peg into it, after a while it will jam itself in the opening because of the taper, exactly what was happening here, I was getting an off the pedal rotational squeak, only cured by taking out the TRW pads and using a Dremel to remove a fraction of material off the shim edges.

Anyway back to the 2500’s

They fit in the 8 pot nicely with plenty of up / down room and still move side to side when not under piston pressures, so no chance of being stuck / kissing the disc face either.

d9eb3521f57876f389be1f440fffc6f0.jpg
44e6fea788830a6b64e911cc6d1f1dd3.jpg

Bedding in procedure.

Now the official Ferodo procedure is 25-30 x 4 sec braking applications using moderate foot pressure, pull over and visually look at the disc face to make sure they have evidence of pad contact but no glazing.

I followed this to the letter, however they were squealing like a bus

So I decided to up the ante a little.
4 trips up and down a quiet stretch of motorway, braking from 70 down to 40 mph followed by a trip up the same stretch to allow them to cool down.....

The difference once cooled down was night and day, squeal had pretty much gone.....

I then went for a spirited drive to see how they performed, I can honestly say these with the Reyland discs work well together, the more you use these pads the better the braking

f4b1e62e0825c9ad1d7cd4defb312059.jpg

T-800 I had the same experience when bedding in...... then went out and nailed it till they were smoking...... no more squeals even on the oem disks..... my advice is drive like you stole it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by nickrs3, 01 June 2019 - 02:50 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.