www.bmvs.co.uk

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Let us know what you think about them, ta.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Of course

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - VW California hire

www.bmvs.co.uk

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

I still have a lovely shiny kit in stock!  My workshop is so busy, they haven't been able to get the car in - Going in monday.  Going to lower it 20mm at the front 15mm at the back, for starters.

www.bmvs.co.uk

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
Was looking at mine tonight and the rear is pretty low anyway as standard. Front does seem high though although not as high as the FL pics!

TX.

Nardo RS4

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Spring kit went on today.  We've set them at - 20mm at the front and -15mm at the back - William from MSS advises to set them 5 mm higher at the back to get the correct stance, and he's right.  Fitting was fairly straight forward, just needed the spring compressor for the front.  Over the H&R's the car sits slightly higher, and has certainly lost the nose down look.

Took it out for its first road test, and the ride has been transformed.  Remember we have the uprated H&R rear ARB, and 20" OZ Dakars wit 235/30/20 Conti Sport 5's on it.  It rides all the little imperfections better, and now we don't need to avoid drain covers etc.  It hasn't crashed and banged once since fitted today.  I took it down my favourite twisty road tonight, first off all, with all settings in dynamic bar the suspension in comfort, then the same road in full dynamic. -It works beautifully in both settings (with the h&r's and 20's I could never use dynamic) I would say, for me it is now near on perfect.  I ran it with traction in Sport mode the whole time, there is very little, if no understeer at all, it really is point and shoot now - Where you point it, it goes with no vagueness at all - Very much like my wife's last two Golf7R's were - Which have alway felt the sweeter chassis and drive - No more after these springs have been fitted - The RS3 is now perfect.

To say I am pleased is a total understatement.  This is how the car should have driven from out of the factory - You wouldn't know its on 30 profile 20's anymore. Totally chuffed :-)

How it sits now, and I don't feel it needs to go any lower;

file-8_zpsuyl52jui.jpeg

file2-2_zpsv67vyel3.jpeg

file1-4_zpskkgindai.jpeg

And while Im chucking pics up, you can see another couple of finishing modifications, legal short plates, and black badges all round - The car is now complete looks and drive wise IMHO;

file3-2_zpszfpwmhcc.jpeg

file4-2_zpsbmd5hfgm.jpeg

www.bmvs.co.uk

D19NL B

D19NL B

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
That looks awesome Oli, another person vouching for the MSS spring kit. For now I can't justify that much for springs though but I can appreciate the transformation

I just remembered that i'm absent minded, wait, i mean i lost my mind i can't find it.

alexrs3

alexrs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Do you mind telling me where you got your black badges from?  There are a few on eBay but not sure whether they will be the right sizes, especially the front one.  I've been wanting some for ages and seeing yours makes me want to get them as my car looks very similar (bar the wheels and lowering), i also have the same size plates and only a couple of digits different.  Thanks

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
Raywell Design used to do them but have now stopped. Shame as they look great.

TX. FB_IMG_1496528258773.jpg FB_IMG_1487369403292.jpg

Nardo RS4

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Spring kit went on today.  We've set them at - 20mm at the front and -15mm at the back - William from MSS advises to set them 5 mm higher at the back to get the correct stance, and he's right.  Fitting was fairly straight forward, just needed the spring compressor for the front.  Over the H&R's the car sits slightly higher, and has certainly lost the nose down look.

Took it out for its first road test, and the ride has been transformed.  Remember we have the uprated H&R rear ARB, and 20" OZ Dakars wit 235/30/20 Conti Sport 5's on it.  It rides all the little imperfections better, and now we don't need to avoid drain covers etc.  It hasn't crashed and banged once since fitted today.  I took it down my favourite twisty road tonight, first off all, with all settings in dynamic bar the suspension in comfort, then the same road in full dynamic. -It works beautifully in both settings (with the h&r's and 20's I could never use dynamic) I would say, for me it is now near on perfect.  I ran it with traction in Sport mode the whole time, there is very little, if no understeer at all, it really is point and shoot now - Where you point it, it goes with no vagueness at all - Very much like my wife's last two Golf7R's were - Which have alway felt the sweeter chassis and drive - No more after these springs have been fitted - The RS3 is now perfect.

To say I am pleased is a total understatement.  This is how the car should have driven from out of the factory - You wouldn't know its on 30 profile 20's anymore. Totally chuffed :-)

How it sits now, and I don't feel it needs to go any lower;

file-8_zpsuyl52jui.jpeg

file2-2_zpsv67vyel3.jpeg

file1-4_zpskkgindai.jpeg

And while Im chucking pics up, you can see another couple of finishing modifications, legal short plates, and black badges all round - The car is now complete looks and drive wise IMHO;

file3-2_zpszfpwmhcc.jpeg

file4-2_zpsbmd5hfgm.jpeg

Oli - do you have mag ride?

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

hello

Black Badges are off eBay - I have a second front if you want to buy it off me.

And yes I have mag ride - these springs are awesome.  Ive been really playing in it last couple of days, and the road holding and lack of understeer is just in another league!

www.bmvs.co.uk

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
Love that colour btw @Oli what is it?

TX.

Nardo RS4

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
Nogaro

www.bmvs.co.uk

alexrs3

alexrs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

hello

And yes I have mag ride - these springs are awesome.  Ive been really playing in it last couple of days, and the road holding and lack of understeer is just in another league!

Do you mind sharing the link to the eBay ones as all the ones i look at seem to say they don't fit an 8v?

Thanks

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Do you mind sharing the link to the eBay ones as all the ones i look at seem to say they don't fit an 8v?

Thanks

Try these ......

http://audibadges.co...ing_badges.html

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

hello

Thanks Oli - MMS springs for me then

John P.

John P.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Looks great. Anyone else with 19s lowered all the way on MSSs in the front? My new RS3 should be here soon.

Mltyson89

Mltyson89

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

I posted the original thread about MSS someone seems to delete it I spent ages writing it and didn't fancy doing the whole thing again! Im also running MSS on the LS version which is the most track orientated. Ive put this to good use with 3 TD's so far this year getting lots of good feedback for the kit. I had the LS kit on for the first trackday running stock power actually managed to oversteer the car and I have a little video il post up later, its not quiet like drifting a BMW. 

Anyway I have had all 3 set ups on the car in total covering 13k between them. In terms of the cost yes its expensive but a MSS is a small British company produced all parts are produced here in the UK. The springs themselves are designed and developed by MSS and manufactured by Ebiach kings of the suspension world. The fact we are leaving the EU IMO we need to support our local economy if that means spending a few extra quid to find a great product its worthwhile. Like my watches I buy Breitling one because they look the part but two because the quality is second to non. 

Some people can't comprehend the amount of money spent in developing a set of springs that is right. We had tried and tested 4 or 5 sets of various spring before a decision was made to release the initial kit. This meant the release of the kit was way behind the competition but from what I can gather from the likes of H&R no road testing was even attempted just a computer application that decided what was right.

After testing the competition its enabled MSS to produce the right kit tapered to all dynamics of 8v owners with each range offering something to individual requirements. The kit is modular aswell if you want something more specific you can swap between different setups at a small cost. If you buy into MSS you have total peace of mind with a lifetime warranty to my knowledge no other company offers MSS products have been tested and proven worthwhile regardless of cost. 

If your going coilover route you don't maintain the ability of changing comfort levels unless spending around 3k with a DCC coiler solution. The ride in comfort is a complete transformation to the stock set up (hard all the time understeer when you push it). The car now actively uses the dampness whereas the stock spring rates were so high meaning they were never engaged. On my last track session I did not fell any understeer infact at the point of no return the rear was the most lively which engaged me as a driver I certainly would recommend this set up to all. 

I will write another thread of my build to date as recently I have made a lot of subtle changes which I think have made me fall in love with the car once again!

Attached Images

• fullsizeoutput_2.jpeg
  • IMG_2710.JPG
  • IMG_2713.JPG
  • IMG_2714.JPG
  • IMG_2730.JPG
  • IMG_2731.JPG
  • IMG_2732.JPG
  • IMG_2735.JPG
  • IMG_2737.JPG
  • IMG_2738.JPG
  • IMG_2824.JPG
  • IMG_2825.JPG
  • IMG_2832.JPG
  • IMG_2889.JPG
  • IMG_3352.JPG
  • IMG_3399.JPG
  • IMG_3400.JPG
  • IMG_3501.JPG
  • IMG_3502.JPG
  • IMG_2768.JPG
  • IMG_2769.JPG
  • IMG_2773.JPG
  • IMG_2803.JPG
  • IMG_2822.JPG
  • IMG_2814.JPG
  • IMG_2815.JPG

Mltyson89

Mltyson89

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

https://youtu.be/sp65_RGXzB0

Video of the back end!

Edited by Mltyson89, 03 August 2017 - 09:53 PM.

MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Breitling aren't British...

Anyway I have had all 3 set ups on the car in total covering 13k between them. In terms of the cost yes its expensive but a MSS is a small British company produced all parts are produced here in the UK. The springs themselves are designed and developed by MSS and manufactured by Ebiach kings of the suspension world. The fact we are leaving the EU IMO we need to support our local economy if that means spending a few extra quid to find a great product its worthwhile. Like my watches I buy Breitling one because they look the part but two because the quality is second to non. 

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.