244 replies to this topic

sawda

sawda

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationNorth London

With the TTRS delays can't see be being in one much before March next year so just got back from Sandals Wakefield after putting a Deposit down on there Demo M2 (Collect 20th) Probably not the best time to be purchasing a RWD BM but still have the Golf R for the Slippery Days :)

Another M2 owner, good choice get a good price on the Demo? I still heat waiting lists are ridiculous.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Another M2 owner, good choice get a good price on the Demo? I still heat waiting lists are ridiculous.

Dealer reckoned Factory order between 10-12 Months (and still no discount) but there's a good chance if you ring round there'll be a few cancelled one's in the pipeline 2nd hand one's seem to be about now for below list but do tend to have quite a few option boxes ticked.

Btw: Not completely left Audi as won't be cancelling the TT just might wait now until March So anyone after a cheap M2 early next year let me know (Hopefully mild winter so no rear end damage :lol:)

Edited by Real Thing, 04 September 2016 - 09:20 AM.

sawda

sawda

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationNorth London

Dealer reckoned Factory order between 10-12 Months (and still no discount) but there's a good chance if you ring round there'll be a few cancelled one's in the pipeline 2nd hand one's seem to be about now for below list but do tend to have quite a few option boxes ticked.
Btw: Not completely left Audi as won't be cancelling the TT just might wait now until March So anyone after a cheap M2 early next year let me know (Hopefully mild winter so no rear end damage )

Will be a very interesting comparison with the ttrs. I've been waiting since Jan for my m2 and collecting next month. I drove it on track a couple of weeks ago and did not disappoint. Definitely a totally different driving experience to the RS.

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

http://www.autoexpre...di-tt-rs-review

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

"It’s the same unit that powers the RS3" oh is it now ;)

TX.

Nardo RS4

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

"It’s the same unit that powers the RS3" oh is it now ;)

TX.

Maybe referring to the still cannot be talked about new RS3 and saloon lol

Saloon rumoured for 390bhp which might be tasty!

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Current RS3 8V has been proven to already have that sort of output anywho..........By MR TX i believe  :)

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

http://www.evo.co.uk...-porsche-beater

They got a 0-60 in 3.5...

Edited by kalexan, 13 September 2016 - 12:29 PM.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
Nipped into Audi to drop off the A7, sat in a TTS which I really like and got invited to launch day of the TTRS.

Left wondering if I could make it work as a family car after hearing how quick it is.....

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Nipped into Audi to drop off the A7, sat in a TTS which I really like and got invited to launch day of the TTRS.

Left wondering if I could make it work as a family car after hearing how quick it is.....

This could possibly be my next car :)

Oldmanracing

Oldmanracing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
This time next year there will be a glut of dealer ordered spec'd TTRS's they will be more than happy to shift at discounted rates, and I bet if you are not a 67 plate snob then you will bag a bargain..... In July/August 17
Exactly the same thing happened when I first looked and spec'd an RS3 last August, 5-6 month lead times, no discounts at all.
Got mine in July 16.......4K discount and almost the exact spec I wanted, from the dealers stock.....and all done and dusted in 2 weeks from 1st enquiry.
Having seen the list of RS3 in dealers stock on this forum, it will be the same for the TT 'For sure, it's all about unit sales at the end of the day....

All good things come to those who wait :)

Al

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

TTRS won't be produced in anything like the numbers of the RS3 (Audi only expecting to sell 50-60 units per year to UK) sure there will be some dealer demo/Press Cars available next year but I don't think you'll see a glut of them like the RS3's

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Sounds fine to me

sawda

sawda

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationNorth London
Was waiting for this car for ages as I used to love the old TTrs, and used to own a manual one. From the reviews I have read so far it seems that the car is amazingly fast, but lacks the fun and prescion it the steering and it's chassis when compared to rivals such as the Cayman..... an constant Audi downside. It's also a shame that it not a proper awd system like found in the r8, looks wise as well a wider track would of been a very nice touch especially for a 60k optioned car. The r8 and the b7 rs4 have been audis best drivers cars but I'm guessing that is not their market. Interior is stunning but when I saw the TT at goodwood I felt underwhelmed amd dissapointed, makes the RS3 seem more of a bargain. I would be interested to drive one but not sure I could love one. No doubt anyone getting one will love it, it's still an amazing bit of engineering amd the 5 pot lives on.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Used R8 vs new TTRS, tough call.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

So apparently they made sure the cars they were given had the dynamic pack (with black tipped sports exhaust) sounds okay, but lacks any of the pops, crackles and bangs from the RS3, strange as it did a little when they revved it at the start and when it was launched in April I remember it having some RS3 character, will need to see a few more reviews, it seems to confirm they have pulled the exhaust drama back a few pegs.

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Interesting to see the TTRS appear in the new Chris Harris drives video, sort of his favourite cars from 2016 (shame its not available until 2017). His verdict is that the car is actually very good (he usually slates Audi cars as they handle too safely).

http://www.topgear.c...ed-week-special

Real Thing

Real Thing

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Interesting to see the TTRS appear in the new Chris Harris drives video, sort of his favourite cars from 2016 (shame its not available until 2017). His verdict is that the car is actually very good (he usually slates Audi cars as they handle too safely).

http://www.topgear.c...ed-week-special

You Can Buy one though Carwow already :D Strange how they can have all the option list/prices before Audi.

Nardo Std other Colours £550 Ara Blue £750

Pack Prices:

Smokers pack - TT/TT RS - £30

• Cigar lighter
  • 12v power point in centre console

Storage and luggage pack - TT/TT RS - £175

• LED luggage compartment lighting
  • Passenger footwell storage net
  • Storage pockets in backrests of front seats
  • Storage drawers under front seats
  • 12V socket in luggage compartment

Extended matt aluminium styling pack - TT RS - £800

• Rear diffuser strip in matt aluminium silver
  • Matt aluminium finish roof

Audi matrix beam LED headlights pack - TT/TT RS - £945

• Matrix beam LED headlights
  • Headlight wash system
  • Automatic dimming rear view mirror
  • Rain and light sensors

Dynamic pack - TT RS - £1600

• Audi magnetic ride

Comfort and Sound pack - TT RS - £1650

• Electrically adjustable front seats
  • Advanced key
  • Cupholder

Dynamic pack plus - TT RS - £2600

• Maximum speed limiter increased to 174 mph
  • Audi magnetic ride

Edited by Real Thing, 10 October 2016 - 05:28 PM.

*Dan*

*Dan*

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
How can they justify a 1k increase from Dynamic to Dynamic Plus just for increasing the speed limiter!

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

They don't have to, they just rely upon customer stupidity :)

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.