T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
It's in instruments -17

Coding -7

Byte 0 bit 2 iirc

Best to view the logs first if you can't remember what changes effected the issue you have.

Edited by T-800, 24 February 2017 - 08:23 PM.

RS3ER

RS3ER

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationLONDON
Can also change through Adaptations if you can't enable it through long coding

17 instruments

Adaptations

Select yes or no

What ever you are trying to achieve

IMG_4785.PNG
√ΛƓ ƇΛИ ṖŔᎾ √② + √ƇDS ĤƐӾ ИƐŦ + √ΛS ᎾDĪS ⑥①⑤④

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

The new Rear FL clusters automatically mimic the front DRL's
So there is no need to code them to be on.

Edited by T-800, 24 February 2017 - 09:10 PM.

Gobi One

Gobi One

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AUSTRALIA

G'day Team,

I know there is very useful discussion on VCDS mods on this forum, Stemei.de, ****-*****.net and even ozaudi.com but not sure I've seen anything on modifying a couple of remaining nags.

The first, being able to have the MMI screen not activate when moving from a known / favourite radio station to a known / favourite media music file, etc. Just a nuisance to have to lower the screen again. 

Two, to  change the ACC Cruise Control speed increment from 10 km/hr steps to 5... or 4 or 3? My wife's 2012 Golf GTD obviously doesn't have ACC but the Cruise Control moves up and down 1 km/hr at a time with the stalk switch.... too easy. Not my favourite to have the RS3 only allow 10 km/hr steps, especially in "speed kills" crazy Australia. 

Finally, anyway we can have the actual "GPS calculated" speed show up on the Nav screen? Fine to have the "posted speed" as the Navigation file understands for that piece of road but much better if we can get the actual "GPS developed" speed on the screen too.... not that the 8V RS2 speedo is actually too bad... it's only over reading but around 2 km/hr at 110 km (actual) in my experience which is much better than the 8 - 10 km/hr overstatement in the GTD and my Honda Blackbird.

Welcome learned comments mes ami.

Cheers,

Gobi One

(with a genuine Ross-Tech cable... and still wondering why at least half the mods requiring the cable aren't easily addressable on the MMI).

MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Two, to  change the ACC Cruise Control speed increment from 10 km/hr steps to 5... or 4 or 3? My wife's 2012 Golf GTD obviously doesn't have ACC but the Cruise Control moves up and down 1 km/hr at a time with the stalk switch.... too easy. Not my favourite to have the RS3 only allow 10 km/hr steps, especially in "speed kills" crazy Australia. 

Mine does 2.5 mph steps, if that helps

T05h1b4

T05h1b4

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Is there anyone in the Newbury that can work some magic on my 8v RS3? :) cheeRS! please PM me if so

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Is there anyone in the Newbury that can work some magic on my 8v RS3? :) cheeRS! please PM me if so

Contact Alex at Vagcarcoding he is London based.

Top man. @DJAlix

Edited by T-800, 12 August 2017 - 11:57 AM.

T05h1b4

T05h1b4

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Contact Alex at Vagcarcoding he is London based.
Top man. @DJAlix

Thank you! Ill get in touch in the week!

Gobi One

Gobi One

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Gentlemen of the jury,

It's been 6 months since this thread progressed and I haven't been able to find anything globally on several things that I am sure you, my learned colleagues might be able to demystify:

a.  Is there a way to eliminate the daily warning message that appears to accompany the Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) mod? Mine works a treat but throws a message every trip that is has restricted access....

b.  Did we confirm that the Exhaust Flaps cannot be coded permanently open on the 8V RS3?

c.  Related to my post of 14 July last year (above), is there coding to change the default of the ACC Cruise Control to increase / decrease set speed in smaller increments than the current 10 km/h steps? Mr. MCFly suggested he sees a 2.5 mph step... something in the order of 5 km/h steps would be helpful.

It appears most of what can be modified with VCDS has been identified.... but any late breaking additions most welcome.

Cheers from a rather hot Melbourne, 38 today, 41 tomorrow... lovely.

Gobi1

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
A) Having done 2 codings on RS 3 now with Front Assist camera enabling TS I’ve not come across a way to stop the error warning that goes off once per journey.

B) Exhaust flaps still remains a mystery due to the Engine ECU having no labels so ticking Bytes is dangerous as you don’t know what you are doing, what works on an S3 / G7R won’t be the same on the 2.5
So until Ross Tech or VCP decode it then label it we are stuck.

C) Never seen any adaptations for kph / Mph in ACC module plenty of debate about it though as VW seems to have it in lower increments.

Not much help I know

Edited by T-800, 18 January 2018 - 10:28 AM.

Gobi One

Gobi One

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Thanks very much Sean,

If it's unknown to you then it'll likely remain unresolved.

Appreciate your confirmation, though I'm open to all inputs from those who may have discovered solutions elsewhere.

Could you tell me Sean, do you notice any significant areas of improvements in the FL RS3? Perhaps a general level of improved refinement?

Avagoowegend all.

mz21

mz21

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Enable automatic activation of front parking sensors 

I would like to know how to activate this feature, thanks

Quattro

Quattro

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I’d also like auto enabled front sensors on my pfl.
The golf used to do it and I do miss it.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I’d also like auto enabled front sensors on my pfl.
The golf used to do it and I do miss it.

Ok chaps here it is

Enable automatic activation of parking tones when approaching obstacle
Select STG 10 (parking aid)
STG access authorization - Select function 16
Enter access code 71679
STG coding -> Select function 07
Select Byte 3
Enable Bit 4

Quattro

Quattro

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Be good if there was a coding to auto apply the handbrake when turning the key off too.
Coming from the R they done it all automatically I keep forgetting

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Be good if there was a coding to auto apply the handbrake when turning the key off too.Coming from the R they done it all automatically I keep forgetting

When I stop or put the gearbox in P it does put the handbrake on. Is this because I have hill assist plus as part of one of 5he packs?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Think the auto handbrake at key off is a Keyless thing

When i get a spare moment I'll plug in and see if any adaptations jump out at me.........

Quattro

Quattro

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I looked before and there’s a few different settings in adaptions.
The R used to do it and that wasn’t keyless but did have auto hold

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.