• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

I like to be getting back to first world problems Gav.  In the meantime I am trying my best to avoid any purchases from 'Chy-na'. It is not easy but needs must.

How is the build going? Any more plans or progress, or has that all ground to a halt with the pesky microbe?

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

We are trying to finish the London scheme then start up here. Going quite slowly. In normal times we would have been out of it in 4 weeks.

Had the ground investigation reports back for mine which was fairly good - no need for piles (if we do the footings in the summer). The soakaway test was a disaster though. Looks like we will have to use a swale for the surface water into the nearest Fen drain - thankfully there is one at one corner of the site.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

We are trying to finish the London scheme then start up here. Going quite slowly. In normal times we would have been out of it in 4 weeks.

Had the ground investigation reports back for mine which was fairly good - no need for piles (if we do the footings in the summer). The soakaway test was a disaster though. Looks like we will have to use a swale for the surface water into the nearest Fen drain - thankfully there is one at one corner of the site.

Sounds good!

Has the weather been decent down there? It didn't stop raining for about 3 months up here and we never got an opportunity to get our outside rendering done as it was so wet. Then since lock-down, the sun has been out every day and everything is as dry as a bone - ah, the irony!

Hopefully the ground will be nice and dry for you to get the footings done. Avoiding piles (either type  :lol:) would be good! Swale could be quite a nice feature, as well as practical, I'm guessing.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Trouble is that it will have to run right in front of the rear hedge making it a pain to maintain.

Attached File  20200415_110322_resized.jpg   76.27K   5 downloads

We had about 3 weeks of rain delays in February just as we were trying to get the roof laid - a right pain.  Wind and watertight now so the weather is irrelevant.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.