23 replies to this topic

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Lockdown day... 28?

Spent the Easter weekend cleaning, clay-barring, machine polishing, waxing, rain-x, tyres dressed, leather cleaned and vacuumed the family cars... Now what to do?!  :D

49769942057_b4dbc1b329_c.jpg

49769082773_707c9db45e_c.jpg

49769945882_b8a98f6dcb_c.jpg

49769947097_ced710ef29_c.jpg

49770002587_a6e09a002f_c.jpg

Dooahhdoo

Dooahhdoo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Thats some reflection. It looks beautiful and definitely in the best colour but I am biased :)

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

on the 2nd pic Gav looks like a lot of gap between tyre and arch, could come done a inch or two ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe  

Cars are looking lovely did mine on  Friday,,,now covered in bloody dust  :angry:

Edited by Roy, 13 April 2020 - 05:02 PM.

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
Looks stunning Gav! Is that the wife's catalunya creeping in to one of the shots?

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

on the 2nd pic Gav looks like a lot of gap between tyre and arch, could come done a inch or two ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe  

Cars are looking lovely did mine on  Friday,,,now covered in bloody dust  :angry:

Roy,

If this lockdown doesn't end soon, with all the beer I'm drinking and the reduction in the stupid amount of running I normally do, the car is in danger of bottoming out next time I get in  :D

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Thats some reflection. It looks beautiful and definitely in the best colour but I am biased :)

Cheers - black is stunning for the 5 minutes it is clean  :lol:  Like Roy says, after that it will be covered in dust!!

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Looks stunning Gav! Is that the wife's catalunya creeping in to one of the shots?

Cheers Scott,

Yep - probably the first time I have really machine polished her car. Hadn't realised that Catalunya is a pearl effect - I'd always thought it was a solid colour. It looks stunning in the sunshine. My back is knackered after doing all 3 cars - I'll just need to lie back on the sofa with a beer or two and stare at them out the window!

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Mythos - poor mans Panther  :P

Only joking - looking good mate. Any thoughts on the exhaust tips - mine are looking ropey and, as the paint is so poor, I don't want to be applying any aggressive chemicals.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Mythos - poor mans Panther  :P

Only joking - looking good mate. Any thoughts on the exhaust tips - mine are looking ropey and, as the paint is so poor, I don't want to be applying any aggressive chemicals.

Hahahaha! I toyed with Panther when I specced the car... the wallet chose Mythos  :P

I'm much the same... I've avoided anything other than soap and water on them. Not like the PFL where I could get stuck in with a tube of Autosol.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Can't argue with that - mine came free as a dealer specced car for the one I rejected (Daytona). Likewise with the carbon inlays - who would shell out £850 for those?

Nice colour though but the paint is soft as butter. Going to have to look into touch up kits for the chips.  My Mrs Panther black A3 is totally the opposite - that paint is as hard as nails- 9 years old though so possibly before Audi went down the water based paint route.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Can't argue with that - mine came free as a dealer specced car for the one I rejected (Daytona). Likewise with the carbon inlays - who would shell out £850 for those?

Nice colour though but the paint is soft as butter. Going to have to look into touch up kits for the chips.  My Mrs Panther black A3 is totally the opposite - that paint is as hard as nails- 9 years old though so possibly before Audi went down the water based paint route.

£850 for the carbon inlays is nuts - especially when the standard inlays look pretty similar. There again, you could always go crazy and stick a carbon fibre engine cover on which you'd get to see every time you fill up your washer bottle - bargain!

The Mythos is pretty soft too - scratches pretty easily with anything other than a perfect wash mitt. Good thing it polishes out easily enough. Like you say, no doubt the water base... at least it gave me something to do over the 'holiday' weekend  :D

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Carbon fibre you say ...

TX.

*ignore the M ;)e8c4c16fda82c81435f2adbbdeffbfcb.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

£850 for the carbon inlays is nuts - especially when the standard inlays look pretty similar. There again, you could always go crazy and stick a carbon fibre engine cover on which you'd get to see every time you fill up your washer bottle - bargain!

78096475b60f715d4359029a7d738f9e.jpg
I have to check the engines still there to see mine. Speaking of which... covers still for sale

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Cheers Scott,

Yep - probably the first time I have really machine polished her car. Hadn't realised that Catalunya is a pearl effect - I'd always thought it was a solid colour. It looks stunning in the sunshine. My back is knackered after doing all 3 cars - I'll just need to lie back on the sofa with a beer or two and stare at them out the window!

Yup I like the way it can look slightly orange in the right sunlight, getting me in the mood to take mine out.
Don't be concerned with the beer consumption Gav, it keeps the lockdown demons at bay!
I have various boxes arriving every week or two containing some of the finest brewed concoctions known to mankind

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Yup I like the way it can look slightly orange in the right sunlight, getting me in the mood to take mine out.
Don't be concerned with the beer consumption Gav, it keeps the lockdown demons at bay!
I have various boxes arriving every week or two containing some of the finest brewed concoctions known to mankind

I love Catalunya red - so much so that I briefly considered getting it on the new car but having 2 'tomatoes' on the driveway was a no go!

All up for the beer consumption - it is a great isotonic drink after all, so replenishes all manner of things after a good run  :lol:

My son is a dab hand at home brewing - I bought him a grainfather a kit for Christmas a couple of years ago - that was a wise present  ;)

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
Should have known you'd have all bases covered by the way that new pad's being constructed.
Loving the grainfather kit idea and the lineage reference, my wee guy is 6, hoping he can take to that kit early.
Did take the beast out today with the wee man, he watches the speedo which can be problematic . Put it in fart mode with the roof open. Was just what I needed, so much so that I wasn't going to bother with beer tonight, but after cooking the gang hot dogs on the BBQ I felt a reward was in order.

Dhali7376

Dhali7376

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Lockdown day... 28?

Spent the Easter weekend cleaning, clay-barring, machine polishing, waxing, rain-x, tyres dressed, leather cleaned and vacuumed the family cars... Now what to do?!  :D

49769942057_b4dbc1b329_c.jpg

49769082773_707c9db45e_c.jpg

49769945882_b8a98f6dcb_c.jpg

49769947097_ced710ef29_c.jpg

That looks great . I have similar style of alloys as yours . I brought them last October from recommendation on here . I must say I'm disappointed with mine as they have the dreaded white worm in quite a few places . Have to look on the bright side as it kept the rotas from being covered in salt in the winter .

49770002587_a6e09a002f_c.jpg

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Should have known you'd have all bases covered by the way that new pad's being constructed.
Loving the grainfather kit idea and the lineage reference, my wee guy is 6, hoping he can take to that kit early.
Did take the beast out today with the wee man, he watches the speedo which can be problematic . Put it in fart mode with the roof open. Was just what I needed, so much so that I wasn't going to bother with beer tonight, but after cooking the gang hot dogs on the BBQ I felt a reward was in order.

That sounds like an excellent day!  :D

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Lockdown day... 28?

That looks great . I have similar style of alloys as yours . I brought them last October from recommendation on here . I must say I'm disappointed with mine as they have the dreaded white worm in quite a few places . Have to look on the bright side as it kept the rotas from being covered in salt in the winter .

Cheers Dhali,

They are my winter alloys and have a few stone chips and a little oxidation but not too bad for 3 years use (still on same Dunlop Winter Sport tyres!). I had a set of Ispiri FFR1 but the offset was a bit too much for me... I ended up getting another set of the Prestige alloys for my summer wheels. Now would be a reasonable time to put them on, but CV-19 has stopped that for now. I'll need to swap out the MPS4S 255 back to a square 235 setup when I do to get rid of the tramlining issues!

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

I like to be getting back to first world problems Gav.  In the meantime I am trying my best to avoid any purchases from 'Chy-na'. It is not easy but needs must.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.