EMD lowering springs

Maybe a cast inlet manifold from RPC

May the boost be with you!!  :D

Legoless

Legoless

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
@Rooferman will get you one, not atm. Running turboback non-resonated Milltek and the difference is huuuge!

That's not a bad result, its about the same as my 2018 FL car before having the larger turbo inlet and downpipe fitted. Good quality fuel makes a good difference to these engines too. What hardware do you have fitted for the stage 2?

Yes, and if that was the hardware, I would have been really satisfied with the result. But now I am not, because the investment was much higher than it would be for that. I know of several cases of stage1 with IC and remap that reach 480-490. Paying almost 5 times as much for as little as 15hp, doesn’t make any sense. DAZA engines easily run 530-550 with less bolt-ons. I just haven’t seen DNWA engine above 520hp yet, so we are trying to figure out exactly what is holding the engine back from getting another 20-30hp. You are right regarding the fuel, so will get it on a dyno two more times from different petrol stations. Only running 100ron anyway. As for hardware, we put on: Eventuri Stage3 intake, Unitronic 4” turbo inlet, Wagner Evo3, Milltek DP, NGK sparks, CTS Turbo throttle pipe and a couple smaller bits and pieces.. TCU was done by TVS, stage3 version. Any ideas on what else could be limiting the engine would he appreciated :)

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

@Rooferman will get you one, not atm. Running turboback non-resonated Milltek and the difference is huuuge!

Yes, and if that was the hardware, I would have been really satisfied with the result. But now I am not, because the investment was much higher than it would be for that. I know of several cases of stage1 with IC and remap that reach 480-490. Paying almost 5 times as much for as little as 15hp, doesn’t make any sense. DAZA engines easily run 530-550 with less bolt-ons. I just haven’t seen DNWA engine above 520hp yet, so we are trying to figure out exactly what is holding the engine back from getting another 20-30hp. You are right regarding the fuel, so will get it on a dyno two more times from different petrol stations. Only running 100ron anyway. As for hardware, we put on: Eventuri Stage3 intake, Unitronic 4” turbo inlet, Wagner Evo3, Milltek DP, NGK sparks, CTS Turbo throttle pipe and a couple smaller bits and pieces.. TCU was done by TVS, stage3 version. Any ideas on what else could be limiting the engine would he appreciated :)

Who has done the mapping if you don't mind revealing it? With that list of hardware fitted I would have expected a bit better result (520 ish) even for a DNWA engine.

I have recently been chatting with several guys who have a wealth of experience tuning Audi's and they both say that the DNWA engine has had some internal changes (exhaust cams, compression, routing of intakes for emissions was mentioned) as well as the OPF's fitted to the exhaust system. I guess over time that tunes will be refined to produce more power. Fuel octane rating is key factor for the DAZA engine.... it loves high octane fuel and produces really good numbers if you can get good amounts of air through the intake. I suspect this is also true for the DNWA engine and maybe the cause of the inconsistent drag results for the races we see on YouTube channels.

From your list of hardware the only part that I would question is the Eventuri as it's still unproven (the people that make and sell it will always say its brilliant) and is really intended for hybrid or big turbo conversions that benefit from massive airflow. My option would have been the tried and trusted IE intake or the new Unitronic version. The mapping for all these parts would need to be good too. Have you tried getting it on the dyno at MRC (they now have switchable mapping for DNWA engine)?

https://www.instagra.../p/B8L3knCHXWm/

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

Legoless

Legoless

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Who has done the mapping if you don't mind revealing it? With that list of hardware fitted I would have expected a bit better result (520 ish) even for a DNWA engine.

I have recently been chatting with several guys who have a wealth of experience tuning Audi's and they both say that the DNWA engine has had some internal changes (exhaust cams, compression, routing of intakes for emissions was mentioned) as well as the OPF's fitted to the exhaust system. I guess over time that tunes will be refined to produce more power. Fuel octane rating is key factor for the DAZA engine.... it loves high octane fuel and produces really good numbers if you can get good amounts of air through the intake. I suspect this is also true for the DNWA engine and maybe the cause of the inconsistent drag results for the races we see on YouTube channels.

From your list of hardware the only part that I would question is the Eventuri as it's still unproven (the people that make and sell it will always say its brilliant) and is really intended for hybrid or big turbo conversions that benefit from massive airflow. My option would have been the tried and trusted IE intake or the new Unitronic version. The mapping for all these parts would need to be good too. Have you tried getting it on the dyno at MRC (they now have switchable mapping for DNWA engine)?

https://www.instagra.../p/B8L3knCHXWm/

The tuning was done by Wilderness tuning and they had been great actually, aside from the power. Yeah, 520hp and around 700nm would be something I would be okay with, even though I expected to see around 530. I've done the research on the parts of the DNWA engine and there are differences in part revisions mostly. OPF is bypassed, so it should not be the limiting factor anymore. When you say compression, what would that be the consequence of? Different pistons, or intake routes or both (sorry, not a mechanic, but still trying to understand :) )?

Of course the fuel octane has an effect, I always put in 100ron we get, but just to be sure, I will also try different brands and will get it on a dyno again, just to exclude this as a potential factor.

True, Eventuri is still unproven, but the MAF should still be high enough to get that hp, I am sure of that. Unitronic and IE don't officially support DNWA yet, as they are US companies, so tried to avoid them. However I am not spending another thousand, just to test out if we get 10-15hp more, since all those intakes are very expensive. If someone else will go with them and get higher power, then I would consider changing it, before it's just not economical. :( Maybe I could try Forge's system and stock filter housing? If we only make 10-15hp more than the stock intake on other DNWA cars, not sure..

Sadly I can't get it dynoed at MRC, as their closest authorized dealer is about 1k miles away from me. I saw their map switching, looks good, but I guess I am out of luck.

Edited by Legoless, 11 February 2020 - 08:05 AM.

Rooferman

Rooferman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Been a while since I updated this, the spec did change slightly ended up the following:

srm gtx turbo

full rpc inlet setup including runners, 82m TB and elbow

IE intake

Hopefully being mapped this week, aiming for around 650bhp and looking at forging the engine, adding a lpfp and really letting the turbo do its thing at full potential....

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Oooo savage....
How did you get on with fitting the rpc?

Edited by Buchrs3, 10 May 2020 - 05:40 PM.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Impressive numbers but I would worry about the integrity of the engine to be fair. If it is anything like the DAZA you are at serious risk of throwing a rod through the bottom of the block I would have thought.  The DAZA rods were fairly feeble affairs tbh although fine for what was specified in fairness.

Rooferman

Rooferman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Oooo savage....
How did you get on with fitting the rpc?

All fitted, I did put a video up on the 2.5 tfsi tuning page. Will be doing a map with the stock TB first and seeing what it does and then a map with the 82mm TB from RPC to show the difference.

Impressive numbers but I would worry about the integrity of the engine to be fair. If it is anything like the DAZA you are at serious risk of throwing a rod through the bottom of the block I would have thought.  The DAZA rods were fairly feeble affairs tbh although fine for what was specified in fairness.

It is being mapped with this mind and torque will be limited to 500lbft, till I get a forged build sorted later in the year hopefully

Rooferman

Rooferman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Mapped for pump fuel 1.4bar rising to 1.7bar at the top end, power at the wheels before anyone pipes up saying its low for a hybrid turbo lol

uJWeton.jpg

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Bit laggy? Once on power though #yikes

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Rooferman

Rooferman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Bit laggy? Once on power though #yikes

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Not collected it as yet, still waiting to do the 20% methanol map

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Do you have an update on your build?

Rooferman

Rooferman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Yep, engine is being built with sleeves, ported head and a full frame xona turbo

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Yep, engine is being built with sleeves, ported head and a full frame xona turbo

Very nice and must be one of the first built big turbo OPF saloons. Do you have a date for the engine?

domino

domino

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
subscribed

Edited by domino, 17 May 2021 - 08:08 AM.

• 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
  • 2020 RS3 Sportback Exclusive (REDUX)

Rooferman

Rooferman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Very nice and must be one of the first built big turbo OPF saloons. Do you have a date for the engine?

The turbo kit has just been finished, reckon another month and the car will be up and running ready for mapping on DS1

O4957wa.jpg

9RsCGfs.jpg

FPsPAks.jpg

Rooferman

Rooferman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

More power requires better cooling, so switching from the for to and RPC Garrett cored item

D9UcEzJ.jpg

Rooferman

Rooferman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

4MAyDzF.jpg

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.