* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

bobby_s3

bobby_s3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Got around to fitting the dogbone mount insert today, manage to use my friends garage where he has a pit!

It was ok to get in just used a jack to push it all the way in.

Looks like a much better insert compared to the 034 one!

When i went for a drive I could definitely feel the difference, much smoother changes IMO!

Worth the swap

8a7c850cca367b137aef8608160d47a1.jpg
535e77b0540bbdd5656dc7433ed779e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS3Rob

RS3Rob

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Some good info here as i'm going to order the yellow powerflex dogbone insert now but was just wondering if its worth changing the actual rubber mount that's there now for a new one as mine has a million and one hairline cracks all over in the rubber where its been under stress over the years and just worn out so I cant help but think by replacing it for a new one, then put the insert in, it should be an even better result?

Is it hard to change the lower mount out for a new one?

https://ibb.co/C82KWJR

Its hard to see on the image but the cracks are inside where the camera hasn't picked up as its dark.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

It`s a tw*t to change the rubber. Really needs the subframe removing and a hydraulic press to fit new one.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Some good info here as i'm going to order the yellow powerflex dogbone insert now but was just wondering if its worth changing the actual rubber mount that's there now for a new one as mine has a million and one hairline cracks all over in the rubber where its been under stress over the years and just worn out so I cant help but think by replacing it for a new one, then put the insert in, it should be an even better result?

Is it hard to change the lower mount out for a new one?

https://ibb.co/C82KWJR

Its hard to see on the image but the cracks are inside where the camera hasn't picked up as its dark.

Rob.

The surface cracks may be just superficial & fitting the insert may slow down anymore deterioration.

Dell.

RS3Rob

RS3Rob

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Rob.

The surface cracks may be just superficial & fitting the insert may slow down anymore deterioration.

Dell.

Yeah maybe so mate, I was just thinking while i'm under there, to try and replace everything that's rubber OEM and renew it. Bilstein b14s will be going on the car at some point with new top mounts and control arms etc. I've ordered the yellow dogbone insert anyway so will whack that in and see how it feels then.  :up_it:

RS3_AL

RS3_AL

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationStirling/Scotland
Will these perhaps help prevent breaking the gearbox mounts?

Al

Jamesybaz

Jamesybaz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Morning everyone,

Can I just check that it's the dog bone mount and the upper gearbox mounts that is pictured above that everyone is replacing? I'm having them done at Awesome tomorrow whilst my rear diff is being serviced.

Thanks

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Morning everyone,
Can I just check that it's the dog bone mount and the upper gearbox mounts that is pictured above that everyone is replacing? I'm having them done at Awesome tomorrow whilst my rear diff is being serviced.
Thanks

James.

Yes as in postings 22 & 41 mate.👍

Dell.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Will these perhaps help prevent breaking the gearbox mounts?
Al

I believe that could be the case.

Dell.

Jamesybaz

Jamesybaz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Well... had them fitted and I cant really say it feels much different. Can feel the slight vibrations as mentioned previously. But it's hardly night and day 🤷🏽‍♂️

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Well... had them fitted and I cant really say it feels much different. Can feel the slight vibrations as mentioned previously. But it's hardly night and day ‍♂

James

If fitted to a old worn mount that may be the case but on a new one there will be an increase in vibration.

Dell.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

James

If fitted to a old worn mount that may be the case but on a new one there will be an increase in vibration.

Dell.

Yup I’ll 2nd that as I fitted a new mount when I did my insert 👍
Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

MJRS3

MJRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Afternoon gents,

Does anybody know the correct torque setting to tighten up the lower engine/dogbone mount bolt when fitting the Powerflex insert? I've tried to search for this info but have not had any luck. 

Thanks.

Mike

2012 RS3 8P Phantom Black.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Afternoon gents,

Does anybody know the correct torque setting to tighten up the lower engine/dogbone mount bolt when fitting the Powerflex insert? I've tried to search for this info but have not had any luck. 

Thanks.

Mike

Mike.

From what I can find on 034 web site the 21mm bolt from dog bone to subframe is 100Nm + 90' the 2 bolts to the gearbox are 50Nm + 90'.

I've fitted the Powerflex subframe insert many moons ago on my 8P but can't remember the torque figure I used.

Dell.

MJRS3

MJRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Mike.

From what I can find on 034 web site the 21mm bolt from dog bone to subframe is 100Nm + 90' the 2 bolts to the gearbox are 50Nm + 90'.

I've fitted the Powerflex subframe insert many moons ago on my 8P but can't remember the torque figure I used.

Dell.

Thanks Dell, that’s perfect. It looks to be the same torque spec as the 8P S3 in that case.

Cheers.
Mike

2012 RS3 8P Phantom Black.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Thanks Dell, that’s perfect. It looks to be the same torque spec as the 8P S3 in that case.

Cheers.
Mike

Mike.

Yes it would be as it's the same set up mate.

Dell.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.