• 43 posts
Cheers guys I’ll get a yellow one ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobby_s3

bobby_s3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Also fitted my upper gearbox mount inserts yesterday, was pretty straight forward. You can Definitely feel the extra vibration but I like it, makes me feel I’m running crazy power

49fe6b729fd6af72004202d17bff7b2e.jpg

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire
If you have the 034 dogbone mount fitted the vibration is a lot harsher than the powerflex so that will improve 👍
Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

bobby_s3

bobby_s3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

If you have the 034 dogbone mount fitted the vibration is a lot harsher than the powerflex so that will improve

Definitely getting that ordered then!

bobby_s3

bobby_s3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hi,

I went to fit the powerflex yellow dogbone insert yesterday only to realise I ordered the wrong one.

Looks like there is one for pre 2008 and post 2008. I’m guessing none facelift and facelift.

I ordered the pre 2008 one, looking at my dogbone mount it was wrong.

I ordered the PFF805-504 looks like I need the one ending in 704!

I didn’t read this note when ordering:

“PFF85-504 fits vehicles up to the middle of 2008, please check the picture of the 2 bushes to help identify the insert you require. For vehicles from mid-2008 on use PFF85-704”

Hopefully this will help someone when ordering next time

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Hi,I went to fit the powerflex yellow dogbone insert yesterday only to realise I ordered the wrong one.Looks like there is one for pre 2008 and post 2008. I’m guessing none facelift and facelift.I ordered the pre 2008 one, looking at my dogbone mount it was wrong. I ordered the PFF805-504 looks like I need the one ending in 704! I didn’t read this note when ordering:“PFF85-504 fits vehicles up to the middle of 2008, please check the picture of the 2 bushes to help identify the insert you require. For vehicles from mid-2008 on use PFF85-704”Hopefully this will help someone when ordering next time Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby.

As our RSs are 2011 onwards the post 08 would have been the correct one to order as we who have fitted them already know mate.😂

Dell.

bobby_s3

bobby_s3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Bobby.

As our RSs are 2011 onwards the post 08 would have been the correct one to order as we who have fitted them already know mate.

Dell.

I know mate, taught me a lesson when ordering next time

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I know mate, taught me a lesson when ordering next time Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby.

Tbh some parts on our RSs are no different than a bog standard A3 while other parts are unique to ours.

Dell.

jimojameso

jimojameso

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

I actually have a purple dogbone mount sitting at home my friend gave me. If you put them in how easy are they to remove again? Just thinking if i find it too much.

2015 Nardo RS3

2010 Sepang TT RS Sold!

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I actually have a purple dogbone mount sitting at home my friend gave me. If you put them in how easy are they to remove again? Just thinking if i find it too much.

Just prise it out the same way as you installed it mate.

Dell.

Ashy

Ashy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Hi Guys,

What mounts do i need for the gearbox on my 8v?

Im getting the end of the world bang on the change from 1st to 2nd when launched and am hoping these mounts will fix, would i be right in thinking that?

Cheers

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Hi Guys,

What mounts do i need for the gearbox on my 8v?

Im getting the end of the world bang on the change from 1st to 2nd when launched and am hoping these mounts will fix, would i be right in thinking that?

Cheers

Are you in manual when this happens ?

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Ashy

Ashy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Are you in manual when this happens ?

Does it in sport and I think it has done it in manual too tbh.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Does it in sport and I think it has done it in manual too tbh.

It`s very likely it will do it in manual. If you hit the limiter then change to 2nd then it will jolt badly. Best to short shift if using manual 1st to 2nd.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Ashy

Ashy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

It`s very likely it will do it in manual. If you hit the limiter then change to 2nd then it will jolt badly. Best to short shift if using manual 1st to 2nd.

Is this just something they do or is there a cure( other than short shifting) as I think mine has done it since I've had it tbh.

Like you say it only seams to happen when you redline in first and change to second.

Scares the poo out of me though....lol

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Mine doesn`t do it in sport/dynamic at all. When launching you can`t tell it`s changed from 1st to 2nd. In manual launch it revs up so quickly that it hits the limiter ,kills the power then full power once it hits 2nd ,hence the jolt. 

Jamesybaz

Jamesybaz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
How easy are they fit? Awesome want and hours labour. If I can do then myself I could save on the labour.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

How easy are they fit? Awesome want and hours labour. If I can do then myself I could save on the labour.

James.

If your referring to the dogbone mount on the cross member ? Not hard to fit using Duke3D method where you push the insert in before loosening the bolt to fit the spacer & washer,this way the engine doesn't move especially when the RS is up at a angle on axle stands.

You really do need to lub it well to make it fit easily mate.

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 16 June 2020 - 12:37 PM.

Ashy

Ashy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Mine doesn`t do it in sport/dynamic at all. When launching you can`t tell it`s changed from 1st to 2nd. In manual launch it revs up so quickly that it hits the limiter ,kills the power then full power once it hits 2nd ,hence the jolt. 

Thanks for the comments, mine deffo does it in sport/dynamic not sure on manual but i'd say yes.

So it's not really the mounts it's just the fact it is hitting the limiter and shutting power then banging it back on again.

Mine must be hitting the limiter in first then even in sport auto.

I will have a bash in manual and try to poo a little earlier..

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Thanks for the comments, mine deffo does it in sport/dynamic not sure on manual but i'd say yes.

So it's not really the mounts it's just the fact it is hitting the limiter and shutting power then banging it back on again.

Mine must be hitting the limiter in first then even in sport auto.

I will have a bash in manual and try to poo a little earlier..

The Audi software won`t let it do it in sport/dynamic . It`s only in manual because it doesn`t know when you are going to change gear. If it`s doing it in all the modes then it probably is one of the mounts.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.