31DA1441-048D-4A98-8791-B11DBAB58BFA.jpeg

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Could be I wonder if it handles better than an RS3 as seen a video comparison and the golf r handles a lot better according to the driver

May be because they run less power when stock ?

Once tuned thats a difference story.

Dell.

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
That will most likely be the set up but with the IE Intake kit.
Im running the forge fmic also but I reckon will upgrade to the iroz fmic.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

attachicon.gif31DA1441-048D-4A98-8791-B11DBAB58BFA.jpeg

There software isn't going to be much different to any custom mapping done by a good UK tuners going by there supplied headwear & the heat range of the supplied spark plugs.

Dell.

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Reason why I’m purchasing the software is because it’s been tried and tested already. Plus it’s the custom code software and I’m most likely gonna be taking it to jbs who run the custom code software themselves.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Reason why I’m purchasing the software is because it’s been tried and tested already. Plus it’s the custom code software and I’m most likely gonna be taking it to jbs who run the custom code software themselves.

Thats fair enough mate 👍

Dell.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Just a bit of advise, maybe use the gen1 block over gen2 as the gen2 engines are throwing pistons out the side and this is just on a hybrid turbo power.

Be ashame to go all out to blow your engine up.

Ben

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Just a bit of advise, maybe use the gen1 block over gen2 as the gen2 engines are throwing pistons out the side and this is just on a hybrid turbo power.

Be ashame to go all out to blow your engine up.

Ben

On whose car has it happened and what setup did they use? I’ve been watching vids of iroz setups and they completely annihilate their cars. Launch after launch on stock block

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Whats the difference between gen 1 and 2 ?

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Whats the difference between gen 1 and 2 ?

Iron block vs Aluminium

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Iron block vs Aluminium

Thank you Sir Sean.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

On whose car has it happened and what setup did they use? I’ve been watching vids of iroz setups and they completely annihilate their cars. Launch after launch on stock block

Do some more research matey, anything over 600hp seems to be a ticking bomb, no matter of who has tuned it. I cant talk from first hand experience on this platform but the information is out there. 90% of iroz builds are fully forged motors.

You push them and of course they will blow up 700hp+ on a stock 2.5 motor is bound to ask for trouble, the platform is to new for people to even actually know how reliable it really is.

If you just bolt on a big turbo kit, it wont last long.

I wouldn't be rushing to use an aftermarket ECU either. No gain over stock ecu on this platform.

unfortunately this industry is full of smokes and mirrors and need to read inbetween the lines sometimes.

Ben

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Yes thank you ben for your
Insight, I am also looking at getting fully built. Not rushing into this without weighing up all the options.
Had my estimate from iroz earlier for the big turbo kit and now going to price up building the engine. Tuesday when I speak to Richard at jbs I will know what route I’m going to take.

Ps......one email a day with iroz is a ballache

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth
Dealing with the USA never an easy task.

Shaunee

Shaunee

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Buchrs3,

Be mindful of your intended goals and be careful which turbo set-up you choose based on the fuel you're looking to run.  Hank's kits are proven and in many ways he is leading the field on results, but be aware that some of his set-ups run on E85 and considerable boost. His quoted power on his kits is based on E85, so take that into account when choosing.  Hank will advise you appropriately if you go this route.

In respect of DAZA engines, some have let go (as Ben has said)..... I know of 6 now in the UK with a mix of rod, piston and bearing issues.  I know of one very recently that let go at Stage 2 (although it was being pushed extremely hard).

The DAZA is not a "magic" platform so just be mindful of this.

If you go the DAZA rebuild route you need to strap yourself in.  These DAZA blocks will need lining, which brings it's own risks and issues.

The fact is the DAZA platform is relatively new, and due to the fact that fuelling isn't the restriction that it was on previous gen, stock DAZA engines are being pushed more often and at a quicker rate.

If you're going big turbo I would strongly advise you go down the rebuild/forge route.

Good luck. :)

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Thanks shaunee
Yes they do run on e85
I will have a word with custom code about this.
I’ve been running momentum 99 as advised by mrc.
Fully building the engine is what I will be doing. Weighing up the options and once i speak to Doug, Hank and custom code I’ll know what I’m doin.
Appreciate it guys for the advice

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Right so I’ve had 3 options provided to me

Rpc kit with injectors and miltek catback
And the fabrication of a joiner for downpipe to cat back,
Don’t know why I need the miltek catback tbh but that’s coming in around the 12k mark

Iroz ims850 kit with fuel pump upgrade and ie intake and iroz intercooler and the dsg and engine catch cans comin in close to 18k

3rd option I have is to source direct from iroz same as above iroz kit and extras coming close to 15k dollars which is around 11.5gbp

Edited by Buchrs3, 17 April 2019 - 10:09 AM.

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Rpc kit I think is the hybrid
Where as the ims850 is a full frame.

3rd option will need mapping preferably by custom code who does the iroz mapping for them, that would be close to 1k gbp.

Buchrs3

Buchrs3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
I have a dilemma on wether I need to purchase the iroz intercooler as I already have the forge intercooler.
The rpc kit quote didn’t include additional intake and intercooler so I’m assuming a change is not needed to my current setup.
Iroz kits have not been ran on forge intercoolers yet so there are no figures or comparability proof.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

If you want to sell your Forge IC .I`d be interested.  

Reply to this topic

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.