- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

AG_464

AG_464

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

In the Audi write up about the 0060 update it states that if the ecu has been remapped with a 3rd party softwear the update would put the ecu back to stock.

Dell.

Yeah cheers Dell, I’d read that. The place that tuned it is going to re-tune after the update.

Do you happen to know if this update was just for the G247 issue or was there other things? As in would the map need to be tweaked with the 0060 software in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Yeah cheers Dell, I’d read that. The place that tuned it is going to re-tune after the update.
Do you happen to know if this update was just for the G247 issue or was there other things? As in would the map need to be tweaked with the 0060 software in ?

Pass ? My ecu is running the 0040 software & on the single occasion i had the don't go above 4k i just replaced the HPF sensor & it hasn't reappeared.

Dell.

AG_464

AG_464

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Pass ? My ecu is running the 0040 software & on the single occasion i had the don't go above 4k i just replaced the HPF sensor & it hasn't reappeared.

Dell.

Aye mine is 0040 too....I was wondering wether or not to replace the sensor but I’m taking a punt at the update cos it’s less hassle and cheaper haha! If it still needs the sensor then at least the ECU software is up to date and I’ll just get a new sensor if it returns.

I was worried incase the map had goosed the car like but it seems to have just been a coincidence thankfully

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Aye mine is 0040 too....I was wondering wether or not to replace the sensor but I’m taking a punt at the update cos it’s less hassle and cheaper haha! If it still needs the sensor then at least the ECU software is up to date and I’ll just get a new sensor if it returns.
I was worried incase the map had goosed the car like but it seems to have just been a coincidence thankfully

I agree have the update 1st then change the sensor at a later date if it comes back.

Btw the sensor is a right c##t to change 😫

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 23 October 2019 - 10:24 PM.

AG_464

AG_464

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

I agree have the update 1st then change the sensor at a later date if it comes back.

Btw the sensor is a right c##t to change

Dell.

Haha aye i've heard it is a nightmare like!

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
This update is purely for the G247 fault as it says in their SW notes

AG_464

AG_464

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

This update is purely for the G247 fault as it says in their SW notes

Ok sorry I must have missed that

AG_464

AG_464

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Well I had the 0060 update done and touch wood it seems to have sorted it!!

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Well I had the 0060 update done and touch wood it seems to have sorted it!!

it will sort it now. I’ve not had it return for over 12 months now

Call it a breakfast

Edited by JayRS3, 05 November 2019 - 10:47 AM.

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
Just started my PFL this afternoon and it was running like a bag of spanners. Nearly died a few times in 10 seconds. Switched it off and back on and it ran fine. Went and scanned it with my Hex-V2 and got the exact same fault code as Jay. I wonder if it’s going to start rearing it’s head on PFL 8V’s or if it is actually just the sensor on its way out.

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
Having been out for a drive I wonder if the CETE valve controller is to blame. When you switch the car off and start it again the valves are open all the time but it doesn’t pop on downshift till you cycle back though the drive select modes.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Just started my PFL this afternoon and it was running like a bag of spanners. Nearly died a few times in 10 seconds. Switched it off and back on and it ran fine. Went and scanned it with my Hex-V2 and got the exact same fault code as Jay. I wonder if it’s going to start rearing it’s head on PFL 8V’s or if it is actually just the sensor on its way out.

The sensor replacement would be my first port of call as I haven’t heard a 8V with these G247 issues that the 8P/8J suffers with.
Access isn’t great and there is a lot of swearing as you have to manipulate your hand in various positions to get onto the fuel rail under the intake manifold.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Just to add...
This fault still hasn’t returned since the software update.

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
I had a look earlier at the sensor and it is in a right awkward place. I’ll get a sensor and change it out just incase.

Edited by MarkMac-RS3, 28 April 2021 - 06:27 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I had a look earlier at the sensor and it is in a right awkward place. I’ll get a sensor and change it out just incase.

When I had the cutting out issue on my PFL my first port of call was the high pressure sensor under the inlet chamber, it’s an absolute pig to get at lol.
Just depressurise the fuel rail first.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Mark.

If my memory serves me right your need a 27mm deep shocket.

Dell.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Mark.

If my memory serves me right your need a 27mm deep shocket.

Dell.

Yes correct Dell because of the plastic connector attached to it.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Yes correct Dell because of the plastic connector attached to it.

Correct 👍 More of a problem when using a thick walled impact shocket as I don't own a regular deep shocket 🤦

Dell.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Mark.

I've forgot to mention I changed Dan's HP fuel sensor on his 8v some years back,we got to it by splitting the upper manifold which makes it an easy job.

Dell.

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
Thanks for the all information lads. You can always count on this forum for assistance.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.