• 92 posts
  • LocationAberdeenshire

Wiring fault? 

looch

looch

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
Jay, were you in manual mode at the time?

RS3 8P - Daytona Grey - Stage 2+ - 430hp - DSG Map - Turbo Back Milltek Exhaust - Wagner v3 Intercooler - 034 Motorsport Intake - 034 Motorsport ARB - 034 Motorsport Dogbone insert - 034 Motorsport Top Mounts - Bilstein B14 Coilovers 

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Wiring fault?

it would happen all the time though surely. Unless some fuel got within the connections at first and it’s gradually evaporated.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Jay, were you in manual mode at the time?

no mate in drive mode

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
So we have an update...

Checked throttle body sensor values via VCDS yesterday (ignition only)

Before hand - not equalling 100% exactly
54c5f827538fe5e4a552b1f0e427f0dc.jpg

Done a basic setting following the specific conditions before hand (coolant temp etc)

After
bd34a81c6bd3769f0b748c19181f3ab9.jpg

Although the sensor values had changed and now equal 100% the adaption never went into ‘run’. So I went for a test drive and there was a much better difference.

When I returned home and checked values again they had return to the previous values before the basic setting

6669bf5c8d052d46554ad298428dcc3a.jpg

So i turned ignition off and started again as maybe it had timed out.

This time when I ran the basic setting the adaption went into ‘run’ then after few seconds ‘adaption ok’, this time sensor 1 value changed but still adding to 100%.

8cf6e9f90099e3eb8e0a941a9d98a5c2.jpg

Went for another test drive and it’s night and day, no stutter what so ever.

When I returned home, checked the values and again they had returned to what they were before adapting however when I dab the pedal (ignition only) the values change:

977b493ab570885d40ee135e688d97e8.jpg

So maybe it’s these figures that have been adapted when light accelerating on the pedal which have now changed to prevent any stutters.

Been for another drive today and it’s perfect.

I did speak to Doug at MRC and he says the figures do change slightly and when the key is in the ignition it should in theory self adapt anyway but this isn’t always the case.

Nevertheless she’s running right again and all because of a TB adaption. I will be putting a few more miles on the car just to confirm but the difference is noticeable already.

As for the G247 I’ve bought some electrical contact spray, going to disconnect spray and reconnect and forget about it.

Edited by JayRS3, 22 April 2018 - 12:24 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

So we have an update...

Checked throttle body sensor values via VCDS yesterday (ignition only)

Before hand - not equalling 100% exactly
54c5f827538fe5e4a552b1f0e427f0dc.jpg

Done a basic setting following the specific conditions before hand (coolant temp etc)

After
bd34a81c6bd3769f0b748c19181f3ab9.jpg

Although the sensor values had changed and now equal 100% the adaption never went into ‘run’. So I went for a test drive and there was a much better difference.

When I returned home and checked values again they had return to the previous values before the basic setting

6669bf5c8d052d46554ad298428dcc3a.jpg

So i turned ignition off and started again as maybe it had timed out.

This time when I ran the basic setting the adaption went into ‘run’ then after few seconds ‘adaption ok’, this time sensor 1 value changed but still adding to 100%.

8cf6e9f90099e3eb8e0a941a9d98a5c2.jpg

Went for another test drive and it’s night and day, no stutter what so ever.

When I returned home, checked the values and again they had returned to what they were before adapting however when I dab the pedal (ignition only) the values change:

977b493ab570885d40ee135e688d97e8.jpg

So maybe it’s these figures that have been adapted when light accelerating on the pedal which have now changed to prevent any stutters.

Been for another drive today and it’s perfect.

I did speak to Doug at MRC and he says the figures do change slightly and when the key is in the ignition it should in theory self adapt anyway but this isn’t always the case.

Nevertheless she’s running right again and all because of a TB adaption. I will be putting a few more miles on the car just to confirm but the difference is noticeable already.

As for the G247 I’ve bought some electrical contact spray, going to disconnect spray and reconnect and forget about it.

Similar to a 3.2 TT throttle body reset then Jay.

Smoothed out a snatchy pedal on the one we had.

It must’ve picked up a previous owners habits

aronmatic

aronmatic

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

I have the same fault code after engine rebuild.

Solarwoody

Solarwoody

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHerefordshire
Just thought I would add this to see if any of this relates, I know you are confident you have found a cure..

Attached Files

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Yes mate, been very informative tonight. You’d be surprised how many cars are running out there with this issue, a lot of people just cycle ignition and carry on. I’ve replaced and spent a small fortune on this issue and software seems to be the issue.

I’ve been speaking to Vanu from Romania quite a lot about it and he’s running 0040 software but an update doesn’t appear to be available for his TTRS. It’s been a joint effort and we’ve managed to get Eddie (site admin) to raise the post and someone has the answer for us.

My ECU software is 0050, waiting to hear from another member on here for confirmation on his but looks like a 0060 is the latest.

I have also received an email confirming that an update is available for my ECU to sort this issue related to the G247.

Edited by JayRS3, 06 May 2018 - 11:52 AM.

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Yes mate, been very informative tonight. You’d be surprised how many cars are running out there with this issue, a lot of people just cycle ignition and carry on. I’ve replaced and spent a small fortune on this issue and software seems to be the issue.

I’ve been speaking to Vanu from Romania quite a lot about it and he’s running 0040 software but an update doesn’t appear to be available for his TTRS. It’s been a joint effort and we’ve managed to get Stuart (site admin) to raise the post and someone has the answer for us.

My ECU software is 0050, waiting to hear from another member on here for confirmation on his but looks like a 0060 is the latest.

I have also received an email confirming that an update is available for my ECU to sort this issue related to the G247.

Is it Audi or MRC you are getting the update through Jay?

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Not sure at the moment mate, possibly through Alex at VAG car coding but it would mean I’d lose the mapping. Or maybe doug has access to updates or alex send the file to doug and I go straight to MRC.
So a new retune would be required as it’s different software - more money!

I’m seeing alex tonight so will update more later.

Edited by JayRS3, 05 May 2018 - 06:32 AM.

MarkMac-RS3

MarkMac-RS3

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Not sure at the moment mate, possibly through Alex at VAG car coding but it would mean I’d lose the mapping. Or maybe doug has access to updates or alex send the file to doug and I go straight to MRC.
So a new retune would be required as it’s different software - more money!

I’m seeing alex tonight so will update more later.

Not so good. I suppose is if it resolves the problem, which, is what it sounds like on 2.5TFSI tuning page then it's a winner in the end. Would have been a result if the info was around a few months back mind. I just hope my never ending bad luck doesn't see this appear now.

Good to know about the throttle sensor adaption, mine is quite snatchy when I set off from junctions etc, I think mine could do with being done.

Solarwoody

Solarwoody

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHerefordshire
I'm off to MRC in a week for stage 2 and for an autotec HPFP, I'll ask them then if they have any knowledge of this because I don't want to map it and then have to go back.

Also what is stage 2 like over stage 1? Big improvents? Im also getting the cra kle map done.

I'm heading round Europe in the RS3 for 3k miles in June so I want the car perfect. I'm just fitted a haldex controller and in the wet, let me tell you, that car is proper fun

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Spoke to doug today and a 0060 firmware version hasn’t been tuned on before apparently.

Solarwoody

Solarwoody

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHerefordshire
Would he have access to put the new firmware on and tune it to suit?

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Would he have access to put the new firmware on and tune it to suit?

he has the new revision software but as I say they’ve never tuned on it. May be a case of implementing the software update onto an existing map file. If that’s possible or not, I don’t know. 0060 cures the G247 though.

Solarwoody

Solarwoody

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHerefordshire
Ok I'll ask him, when I get there, I didn't realise you were on that Facebook page aswell sorry Jay.
MRC Stage 2 on May 12th and I'm getting the autotec HPFP done aswell by them, I've pretty much taken your advice on everything so far from 034 intake to the 034 anti roll bar, your a good man

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

Ok I'll ask him, when I get there, I didn't realise you were on that Facebook page aswell sorry Jay.
MRC Stage 2 on May 12th and I'm getting the autotec HPFP done aswell by them, I've pretty much taken your advice on everything so far from 034 intake to the 034 anti roll bar, your a good man

good for you mate. Obviously the 034 intake is optional but I do like carbon so I thought f*ck it! The ARB 100% transforms the car.

Yes mate that is me on the page and the images you attached, it’s been a long 3-4 months but looks like finally getting to the bottom of it. Helps when there is a community of people with similar issues. So if anyone has access to VCDS it may be worth checking your software versions (0050 is definitely affected).

On another note I purchased a new throttle body to replace at some point as I can’t be doing with re adapting weekly until failure.

edaccbf3aa4201c90b867ba40d6e5b1d.jpg

Edited by JayRS3, 05 May 2018 - 02:32 PM.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent
Right

I have access to the TPI and software update if anyone is interested, please PM me as I am unable to upload on here, annoyingly.

TPI/software update available from Audi, maybe your tuner for many models.

In my example my existing software is 0050 and the update is 0060 which is to rectify the G247 (P119A) issue.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Right

I have access to the TPI and software update if anyone is interested, please PM me as I am unable to upload on here, annoyingly.

TPI/software update available from Audi, maybe your tuner for many models.

In my example my existing software is 0050 and the update is 0060 which is to rectify the G247 (P119A) issue.

Funny you should say that Jay.

I have looked through my software downloads and I have an 1899KB SGO file labelled 8P0 907 404 _ 0060

Released in 13/1/2016

DJ Alix will have this too so should be able to flash it for you.

Edited by T-800, 08 May 2018 - 06:02 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.