• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I was leant the new RS5 for 2 days. Thought it sounded pretty dull, wouldn't bother with the sports exhaust that was fitted to the one I borrowed and would go aftermarket..... But surely a 93k car (list price of the one I drove) should sound good??? On top of that it rattled like hell with buzzing noises coming from both the driver and passenger front doors.

Its quite a nimble car for the size but it doesn't feel that much quicker than the pre fl RS3 I'm in now (real world driving). Also it may just be me but I ******* hate the front end of the new A5 family and this extends to the RS5. It looks like some sort of grinning fish out of Finding Nemo.

In my opinion it feels and drives like a 50k car not a 90k car. 

attachicon.gifopen-uri20160812-3094-1afk70m_65fadca9.jpeg

attachicon.gif141516-cars-review-Audi-rs5-image1-ybc8blqeno.jpg

There was a 2017 RS6 available at my local dealers today for the same price. I'd take the RS6 any day of the week. Once upon a time I had an A5, and the RS5 just doesn't feel "different" enough to me to warrant the price that it demands.

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRed Rose County
Garage View Garage
Saw a new S5 Sportback at le supermarche today and it looked really good. If I needed a bigger car that’s what I would probably go for.

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

coxeterj

coxeterj

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationMiddle England.

Saw a new S5 Sportback at le supermarche today and it looked really good. If I needed a bigger car that’s what I would probably go for.

Be prepared to lose a packet on depreciation by the way:

https://www.autotrad...ius=1500&page=1

Current cars: Audi RS3 8V and BMW M235i convertible.

Gone but not forgotten: BMW M135i, Audi S3 8P, Gen 2 Mini Cooper JCW, Gen 2 Mini Cooper S, Alfa Romeo Spider V6, Mk5 Golf R32, Honda Civic Type R FN2, Ford Focus ST, Honda Civic Type R EP3.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

I think anyone with an S4 or S5 will get hit as Audi really we're offering loads of deals and contributions on these models until recently. They seemed to have loads of "demo" examples kicking about which explains the drop too.

We got offered a very good deal on an S4 against mine but having driven it for an hour or two I felt it lacked the appeal visually how it drove compared to what I had or an RS model.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
How have you found your first 6 months in the RS6 Steve, is it as painful fuel wise as you suspected?

dbm

dbm

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRed Rose County
Garage View Garage

I’d be unlikely to buy new, so this would be a plus for me :)

RS3 8V | RS3 8P

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Just dropped eldest off at Stansted,, I got 34 mpg ,and when cruising in 4 cylinder mode I was doing 80 mph at a tad over 2200 rpm

So these "big" cars can return a good mpg if driven sensibly ................................

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Just dropped eldest off at Stansted,, I got 34 mpg ,and when cruising in 4 cylinder mode I was doing 80 mph at a tad over 2200 rpm

So these "big" cars can return a good mpg if driven sensibly ................................

That’s pretty good mileage when running on the 2.0 4 pot Golf engine Roy. 😂

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Yeah right mate - how long did you keep that up for lol. You can't fool me bud. 😉

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

As it happens Gary all the way home .

As I was listening to me favorite Black Sabbath album I somehow managed to get on my apple music thing

on my iphone and was singing away like a goodun. so was in no rush whatsoever  :)

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
Paranoid by any chance?

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Paranoid by any chance?

I was reminded of your user name this morning listening to pop master 3 in 10 and the guy only said another brick in the wall & Comfortably numb

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
I just don't get bored of listening to them, wish I'd got to see them live.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Sabotage,, 

Just started to listen to it again properly ,

"symptom of the universe" ,,,,, its on repeat !

We had Just floyd playing at our golf club last year and again few weeks ago, the did the animals album from start to finish,, 

Bloody brilliant they were too 

Edited by Roy, 05 March 2018 - 09:39 PM.

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
Great riffs in Symptom of the Universe and The writt - got to play them loud.

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I just don't get bored of listening to them, wish I'd got to see them live.

Some of the best of all time. Love Pink Floyd

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Roy.

Not been pay yet mate ?  :P

Dell.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

How have you found your first 6 months in the RS6 Steve, is it as painful fuel wise as you suspected?

Fuel believe it or not is actually better than the RS4 more specifically on the motorway where it's up almost 10mpg!  Bigger tank too which was a gripe on the 4.

I was concerned about going for a used car over one id had from new but it's been epic, it's so much quicker than the RS4.  It's a big beast and not as nimble but my god you can do overtakes that only bikes would consider lol.

I need to get a bit more noise now ! 

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Interesting Roy, the best I've seen mine return is 31.9 in the same mode of cruise.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Fuel believe it or not is actually better than the RS4 more specifically on the motorway where it's up almost 10mpg!  Bigger tank too which was a gripe on the 4.

I was concerned about going for a used car over one id had from new but it's been epic, it's so much quicker than the RS4.  It's a big beast and not as nimble but my god you can do overtakes that only bikes would consider lol.

I need to get a bit more noise now ! 

Exactly what I need as well - more noise!

Unfortunately the only way I can achieve this & maintain my Audi warranty would be fitting an Akrapovic exhaust..... but at £6K  :o

Edited by RobRS, 06 March 2018 - 12:45 PM.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.