40 replies to this topic

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

For those that haven't seen the new RS5 vs the RS3 in a road test and of course a drag race  B)

https://youtu.be/007yZzilo9U

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
Next thing you know Audi will introduce an RS3 4x4
Saving for an RS6😎

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
RS3 sounds great!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
So for a considerable amount more cost, you can get a bigger car with less passenger space that's a fraction quicker in a drag race, while sounding worse...!

Where do I (not!) sign?? Hahaaha

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

Audi Addict

Audi Addict

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
The only Audi’s in my opinion to replace an RS3 is a 6 or 7. A 5 has always been a no contender and this is proof!
Saving for an RS6😎

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Great taste yet again Tony  :up_it:

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Great taste yet again Tony :up_it:

I wouldn't say no to an R8 either. The trouble is they're super car money with bargain basement customer service.

Thinking about it I think I'd go for a 570S over an R8.

Edited by Comfortably Numb, 03 March 2018 - 04:53 PM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

I did a configuration on an RS5 today for a laugh and was up to £87k without the carbon fibre. Definitely not worth nearly £40k more.

What could possible replace the RS3 from Audi? I know the RS6 and RS7 are great cars but for me they are just a bit too big. The R8 is super car cash for a new loaded one and I don't think the looks are super car. It looks like a sporty 2 seater Audi and is nowhere near the looks of any Maclaren, 458, 488, Huracan.

In short the RS3 is so good for the money and I knew whatever the new 0-60 came in at, there was no way they would be booked at quicker that the more expensive models.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Just watched it again and realised she said they would spend their money on an RS3. Also saying the Saloon was better looking than the RS5.....come on guys you know the saloon is the looker. :P

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

I did a configuration on an RS5 today for a laugh and was up to £87k without the carbon fibre. Definitely not worth nearly £40k more.

What could possible replace the RS3 from Audi? I know the RS6 and RS7 are great cars but for me they are just a bit too big. The R8 is super car cash for a new loaded one and I don't think the looks are super car. It looks like a sporty 2 seater Audi and is nowhere near the looks of any Maclaren, 458, 488, Huracan.

In short the RS3 is so good for the money and I knew whatever the new 0-60 came in at, there was no way they would be booked at quicker that the more expensive models.

You're absolutely right mate the RS5 is crazy money. I've only seen one on the road and don't expect to see too many more. Who in their right mind would part with that sort of money?

I get itchy car feet about every six months, but the RS3 is just ticks so many boxes.

I'm not surprised so many 8p and 8v PFL owners have gone to the FL.

You must be counting down the days until yours arrived Stu.

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

While I see your point about the R8 looks, I think generally the supercar makers have become lazy. Gallardo, 458 etc were, in my eyes at least, better looking than the replacements! They certainly had more of a wow factor when released...

Everyone has just gone "derivative" rather than something new.

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
You can’t beat the performance on offer with the FL 3 in my opinion.

It’s not like the RS5 walks away from the 3 you only start seeing a difference at 120mph and who drives at that speed.....

Edited by T-800, 04 March 2018 - 06:52 AM.

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

It’s not like the RS5 walks away from the 3 you only start seeing a difference at 120mph and who drives at that speed.....

You're right Sean, in the real world the RS5 won't get away. I know from personal experience. We can brake later and get the power down quicker, the RS5 is quite heavy and coming into and out of roundabouts it couldn't compete.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

You're right Sean, in the real world the RS5 won't get away. I know from personal experience. We can brake later and get the power down quicker, the RS5 is quite heavy and coming into and out of roundabouts it couldn't compete.

Indeed and the RS5 is supposed to be the quicker Car at 3.8 secs 🤭

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

I could name a few people mate .....

Yes the RS3 is a great car ,and I loved mine to bits, and as I have said before if it wasnt for the endless trips back to Audi I'd probably still have it or at least an 8v.

But it was when Audi lent me an S6 Avant when mine was being fixed (yet again) that I thought this is a serious car .

So I bought the Barge and I love it

Yes the 7 is a B I G car but it does everything without a fuss esp drink petrol at an alarming rate if your on the gas pedal in sport mode the computer says 9 miles to a gallon !

The engine and the whole car is smooth as a smooth thing,and can pick up its anchor and really shift when needs arise as some at RS3 fest will tell you 

But you dont buy a 4 litre car expecting it to be the same as a 2.5 A3 consumption wise as Danny boy and MacD who have the RS6 now know .

Dont get me wrong if and when the Barge goes I will probably/definitely go back to an RS3 .

Where as the 3 seemed to be "full on" all the time and a very hard car to drive slow as it just wants to go everywhere at light speed .

And plenty of smiles doing it I might add.

But to those who have not driven the larger "S/RS" models go and try one you may be nicely surprised .

Hear endeth the sermon  :D

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Yes the 7 is a B I G car but it does everything without a fuss esp drink petrol at an alarming rate if your on the gas pedal in sport mode the computer says 9 miles to a gallon !

Yeah, I'll vouch for that! I've seen MPG figures as low as 6 MPG  :o  but hell its worth it   B)

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Sorry Rob I forgot you had one too  :)

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

I have no idea how low I managed to get the MPG figures on my RS6 - I was generally trying to hang on for dear life when I pushed the loud pedal!!!   :D  :lol:

I loved the RS6, it was a truly epic car with absolutely massive road presence, other cars on the motorway would generally pull out of the way when they spotted it in their rear view mirrors. However, on my daily commute (a mix of urban, motorway and mainly country roads) it was much more than I needed. Given the sheer width of the car, I often felt I was in impinging on the verge when overtaking slower traffic on the back roads. It was always fun in multi-storey car parks too, and despite parking at the other end of a car park, some twunt would invariably want to park beside it, such was its allure. At the end of the day I decided to downsize to the RS3 - I can still get the 2 dogs or a couple of bikes in the back of it, goes like stink and is better suited to my current needs. If I ever move to Germany and need an autobahn crusher, I'd get the RS6 again.

I like the fact we've got a choice of RS models - I'd never pick the RS5 but quite like the RS4... just not sure I would want to move to a slower car  :P

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Likewise with you Gav 

coxeterj

coxeterj

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationMiddle England.

I was leant the new RS5 for 2 days. Thought it sounded pretty dull, wouldn't bother with the sports exhaust that was fitted to the one I borrowed and would go aftermarket..... But surely a 93k car (list price of the one I drove) should sound good??? On top of that it rattled like hell with buzzing noises coming from both the driver and passenger front doors.

Its quite a nimble car for the size but it doesn't feel that much quicker than the pre fl RS3 I'm in now (real world driving). Also it may just be me but I ******* hate the front end of the new A5 family and this extends to the RS5. It looks like some sort of grinning fish out of Finding Nemo.

In my opinion it feels and drives like a 50k car not a 90k car. 

Attached File  open-uri20160812-3094-1afk70m_65fadca9.jpeg   22.53K   7 downloads

Attached File  141516-cars-review-audi-rs5-image1-ybc8blqeno.jpg   58.52K   7 downloads

Edited by coxeterj, 04 March 2018 - 05:08 PM.

Current cars: Audi RS3 8V and BMW M235i convertible.

Gone but not forgotten: BMW M135i, Audi S3 8P, Gen 2 Mini Cooper JCW, Gen 2 Mini Cooper S, Alfa Romeo Spider V6, Mk5 Golf R32, Honda Civic Type R FN2, Ford Focus ST, Honda Civic Type R EP3.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.