• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Irfy

Irfy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationLiverpool
I’ve had PPF on the front of mine and the whole car coated in CQuartz Finest Reserve.

I originally coated the car wit GTechniq ceramic coating (CSL Light) but the CQuartz is on another level!

The ceramic coatings enhance the paintwork more than wax which can dull the metallic flakes. But it’s all down to the preparation and machining the paint with different pads. One or two stage paint correction just isn’t enough to enhance any paint and the real shine comes with the slow jewelling stage with an ultra soft pad before the ceramic coating is applied.

2016 Audi RS3: Panther Black | SS seats | Design Pack | Technology Pack & Connect | Dynamic Pack | Alu Styling Pack | B&O | Sunroof | Privacy Glass | Camera

Mods: APR map | Milltek downpipe | Forge FMIC | R8 Coils | 034 Motorsport Intake | Carbon Engine Covers | H&R springs | Oil Temp | Alarm Beep

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Does anyone think paint correction is needed on a brand new car?

I’ve had another thought where I could get a coating done and just buy the paint protection cover. £695 for 4 years and covers repairs up to £1000 with £10 excesses. That way yearly I could get any little chips done in 1 go.

Fad-dad

Fad-dad

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi all, has anyone tried Xpel Ultimate PPF coated in nano rubber membrane coating UNC-R PRO ELITE. Detailer is also recommending the nano coating over the whole car.
I’m being quoted £1200 for the PPF front only, + £200 to nano the whole car + £100 prep, all plus tax. £££££££

I like the idea of the PPF but £1800 all in is a big ask!

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

I’ve had another thought where I could get a coating done and just buy the paint protection cover. £695 for 4 years and covers repairs up to £1000 with £10 excesses. That way yearly I could get any little chips done in 1 go.

Without doubt it's needed, have a look on a few detailers Facebook pages and you'll see the damage caused by dealers prep. They aren't really interested in the flawless finish a detailer is and more often than not you end up with horrendous marring which shows up in sunlight.

A dealer won't put 2 days into paint prep, they want quick turnarounds.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Ditto ^^

In fact it would be better not to let the dealer do anything to the car once its delivered to them.
When my RS 3 was delivered, I wouldn't let the dealer do anything to it. I went along & removed wrappings myself & inspected the car, I then had the dealer transport the car to my detailer  for a new car prep & ceramic coating, then had the dealer collect the car & take it back to the showroom.

Doing this will save you money as its a lot less correction work the detailer will have to put in.

My RS3 when it was returned to the showroom from the detailer

Attached Files

• Attached File  Img7.jpg   47.96K   12 downloads

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
RobRS - was your detailer far away and did they charge to transport it?

Edited by StuW13, 13 February 2018 - 07:56 PM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Stu - Gtechniq is a highly regarded coating system, probably one of the best - CS Black is usual system (Crystal Serum with Nano coat or 2 x Nano for extra gloss) for paintwork; G1 & G4 Clear Vison or G4 & G5 Max Repellency for glass, C5 for wheel rims & calipers plus other stuff interior stuff for dash, leather & carpets. I think there's a 9 year guarantee for CS but you need to do an annual 'top up' with approved applicator. Cost for CS Black, glass, wheel & interior treatment will be in excess of £1k depending on how much paint correction is required to start with.

I have above on my car and it makes washing easy & oh so simple and I finish off with some Quick detailing

I managed to get a deal on the CS Black with the 3 coats, especially after being told a single coat isn’t enough. A detailer 30 miles from me will have the car transported from Audi to them and carry out the work over a 2 day period for less than £1k. I think I will do that with the addition of the Audi paint warranty.

Edited by StuW13, 14 February 2018 - 12:10 AM.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

RobRS - was your detailer far away and did they charge to transport it?

Stu,

My detailer was about 20 miles away from my dealer. The dealer did not charge me for transportation to & from the detailer  ;)  

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Stu,

My detailer was about 20 miles away from my dealer. The dealer did not charge me for transportation to & from the detailer  ;)  

Did they drive it or take it on a trailer?

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Did they drive it or take it on a trailer?

They put it trailer because I took note of the mileage when I removed the wrappings  ;)

Obsidian Detailing

Obsidian Detailing

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Yes 100%. This is an extreme example, but skip through the images in the thread below. This alfa came directly to me from factory/dealer, and as far as they are concerned this is good enough

I have a pretty good history on here with claiming for poor dealer prep/damage

https://www.facebook...=1&l=7047e7a1a7

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Damn that was pretty bad considering it was supposed to be new!

One detailer said that the Mercs he does are mainly in poor condition because they were using transport wax instead of plastic and getting a company at the docks to clean it off. If it is anything like the people at Southampton docks near me they will probably have a ton of low paid or agency staff.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.