31 replies to this topic

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

After lots of research I still think the best deal I can find is at Monsterwraps and includes:

Ceramic Advanced Pack

Full prep of paint to remove all contaminants/dirt/polish etc.

3 x coats of Ceramic Pro 9H

1 x coat of Ceramic Pro Light, including door shuts and boot

1 x coat of Ceramic Pro Rain on all glass

Full Nano polish of entire car including windows

Interior valet

£1995 + vat

Clear Self Healing Paint Protection Wrap

Bumper/valance/lights

Bonnet

Wings

Door Mirrors

A pillars

£995 + vat

this would be out of my price range but if you get both there is no need to coat the paint being wrapped and the total price is £2190 + vat. It is a lot of money but I will be going down to see them, take photos of their work and asking if they do club discounts.

I was given their details from the Audi dealers in the first place and our local Ferrari garage uses them as well, which are not bad references. 

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex
What self healing wrap do they use?
£2.2k for part wrap & part paint protective coating - I would be tempted to go for full wrap which should be about £3k, if prepared to sacrifice full glossy effect.

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Wow! That is a huge outlay on paint protection.  :o

When I got my RS6, I asked the supplying dealers to remove transit wrap and just perform a non-contact jetwash prior to me picking up the car. I then got an extremely well respected local detailer (he trains most of the other detailers in Scotland!) to do a paint-correction on the car to remove some scratches caused in transit and then do a full car ceramic coating. That came in around £550 as far as I remember.

The ceramic coating was good and it beaded water like it was going out of fashion, but in my mind it took a bit of the sheen off the amazing Sepang blue paintwork.  Roll forward 8000 miles and a slight argument with a wall (which I lost) meant I needed to repair the wheel arch and re-paint the panel... no amount of cling film or ceramic coating was going to sort that one out.  :blush:

I decided against detailing / ceramic coating on the last RS3. The paintwork was in excellent condition and I kept it like that by weekly washing by hand and using Autoglym's polish and paint sealant every 4 months or so. I honestly think the RS3's paintwork looked better and shed dirt more effectively than the RS6's. 

I love a clean car and I can totally understand why you'd want to keep your paintwork/interior in top condition but having gone down both options, I couldn't justify £2k+ for something which IMHO actually reduces the lustre of the paint, although will keep it in great nick for the next owner. I can appreciate coatings / films have probably improved a bit over the last 2 years, but for my next RS3 I'll be going down the standard wash / polish / sealant route again to make sure the colour 'pops' for me.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

What self healing wrap do they use?
£2.2k for part wrap & part paint protective coating - I would be tempted to go for full wrap which should be about £3k, if prepared to sacrifice full glossy effect.

I think it’s a 3M product, but I will check.

It’s such a hard choice on what is best and they explained the wrap would be hyper glossy still. I need to go there and check out the work being done and take photos. It’s a hard choice to do the full hog or nothing at all and as people have previously said just pay for paint repairs.

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

It’s such a hard choice on what is best and they explained the wrap would be hyper glossy still. I need to go there and check out the work being done and take photos. It’s a hard choice to do the full hog or nothing at all and as people have previously said just pay for paint repairs.

I have had my whole car wrapped it is still glossy 👍Attached File  B9464A3A-A483-4E32-A878-F01B9BFDD8C5.jpeg   53.67K   13 downloads

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Stu - I believe Xpel ultimate is one of the best, if not the best, self healing wraps at the moment. Of course it's not going to protect against prangs, but it will protect against light scratches and make washing/cleaning easier and safer from swirl & water marks.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Sonnyboss - How much did it cost?

BTW you garage is massive and I'm jealous. :wub:

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
Forget the garage Stu - Mica Racing Blue is surely the best colour bar none.

Come on Sonny, pop some forged 20" HRE's on her mate and automotive mission complete as far as I'm concerned.

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Sonnyboss - How much did it cost?
BTW you garage is massive and I'm jealous. :wub:

It was just over 3k mate, it was a custom wrap. that’s not my garage bud it was the detailers I used to use 😂 my car is currently stored at my brothers house which is even bigger than the detailers 👌

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Forget the garage Stu - Mica Racing Blue is surely the best colour bar none.

Come on Sonny, pop some forged 20" HRE's on her mate and automotive mission complete as far as I'm concerned.

Love the colour too mate, I have put the car away for my son he’s 3 now and about ready to start coming to a few shows, want him to get into cars ASAP 😂. I have been looking at 19” hre p101 and also rs105 but at over 8k a set will have to wait for now, maybe next year 👍

Edited by Sonnybo55, 09 February 2018 - 01:16 AM.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
What does anyone think of Autoglym Lifeshine treatment? The dealers all charge between £300-£400 but I found a decent car valeters who do this at your home for £200 and you get the free valet kit.

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
I wouldn’t use that stu, I had it applied to the mrs old car it was rubbish. I had it redone with a ceramic coating by gtechnique

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Sonny - did you just have one coat and what did it cost?

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
Yes it was one coat applied by a dealer as part of buying the car, won’t be making that mistake again.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Yes it was one coat applied by a dealer as part of buying the car, won’t be making that mistake again.

Lol I meant the gtechnique.

I spoke to another valeting company who do most of the coatings and said Williams F1 lasts much longer than Lifeshine and doesn’t require polishes after washing.

They also mentioned a coating called Neo something which only last 2 years but gives a really deep glossy look to the paint.

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
Sorry mate I think that was one coat and it was awesome had it applied by Harry at onyxautomotive water beading was unbelievable 👍100% recommend I’m sure it had a 4 year guarantee

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Lol I meant the gtechnique.

I spoke to another valeting company who do most of the coatings and said Williams F1 lasts much longer than Lifeshine and doesn’t require polishes after washing.

They also mentioned a coating called Neo something which only last 2 years but gives a really deep glossy look to the paint.

Stu - Gtechniq is a highly regarded coating system, probably one of the best - CS Black is usual system (Crystal Serum with Nano coat or 2 x Nano for extra gloss) for paintwork; G1 & G4 Clear Vison or G4 & G5 Max Repellency for glass, C5 for wheel rims & calipers plus other stuff interior stuff for dash, leather & carpets. I think there's a 9 year guarantee for CS but you need to do an annual 'top up' with approved applicator. Cost for CS Black, glass, wheel & interior treatment will be in excess of £1k depending on how much paint correction is required to start with.

I have above on my car and it makes washing easy & oh so simple and I finish off with some Quick detailing

Sonnybo55

Sonnybo55

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
Just asked my detailer and it was the same as tippytoes has had applied Cs black 👍

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Stu - Gtechniq is a highly regarded coating system, probably one of the best - CS Black is usual system (Crystal Serum with Nano coat or 2 x Nano for extra gloss) for paintwork; G1 & G4 Clear Vison or G4 & G5 Max Repellency for glass, C5 for wheel rims & calipers plus other stuff interior stuff for dash, leather & carpets. I think there's a 9 year guarantee for CS but you need to do an annual 'top up' with approved applicator. Cost for CS Black, glass, wheel & interior treatment will be in excess of £1k depending on how much paint correction is required to start with.

I have above on my car and it makes washing easy & oh so simple and I finish off with some Quick detailing

Do they do the work at their unit or can they do at your home even if you have no garage?

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

Do they do the work at their unit or can they do at your home even if you have no garage?

Stu - best done in controlled environment as coats require drying time (up to 24 hrs).

IMO anyone who says they can do a CS Black coating system on your driveway is not looking at what is required to apply coatings properly as required at least 2 days depending on how much prep work required on existing paintwork.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.