JamesBaby's RS3 8v Sepang Blue with Alu Pack

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Jonnyrs3

Jonnyrs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Auto Watch Ghost FTW. Disk lok is too much hassle and yet another key.

interested in the auto watch ghost, could you give me details of supplier/fitter please..? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

interested in the auto watch ghost, could you give me details of supplier/fitter please..? Thanks

I’ve passed this information onto you already few months back?

Jonnyrs3

Jonnyrs3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

I’ve passed this information onto you already few months back?

yes so you did, my mistake, i spoke to that guy but distance was a major factor, thanks anyway.

JayRS3

JayRS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • LocationKent

yes so you did, my mistake, i spoke to that guy but distance was a major factor, thanks anyway.

He comes to you and does it on your drive.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
So I finally cracked out my new DA Polisher and after prepping the car got to work with Menzerna 3800 super fine polish.

I started off slowly on the bonnet just to get an idea of how the product worked. Was pleasantly surprised how easily it worked and broke down. After a quick wipe the shine was amazing.

0373fc4f981c2bed79284bdaa205818e.jpg

87ddf1b7fdee1d9747e7157cb4d7f008.jpg

No marks or holograms or issues. Very happy with myself as I’ve never used a DA polisher before.

I plan to do it again in a few weeks when I get time as this jewelling Stage is where you get the shine. From there I plan to put my G Technique CSL and EXO on.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

So I finally cracked out my new DA Polisher and after prepping the car got to work with Menzerna 3800 super fine polish.

I started off slowly on the bonnet just to get an idea of how the product worked. Was pleasantly surprised how easily it worked and broke down. After a quick wipe the shine was amazing.

0373fc4f981c2bed79284bdaa205818e.jpg

87ddf1b7fdee1d9747e7157cb4d7f008.jpg

No marks or holograms or issues. Very happy with myself as I’ve never used a DA polisher before.

I plan to do it again in a few weeks when I get time as this jewelling Stage is where you get the shine. From there I plan to put my G Technique CSL and EXO on.

Great effort fantastic results there James. Will be detailing mine over Easter and going for csl and exo so be interested to hear your thoughts on this mate.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
Hi James - I’m really impressed with your detailing. Changing a gearbox or a set of pistons wouldn’t bother me, but getting going with an electric mop on my paint is just too scary lol.

Danw

Danw

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Hi James - I’m really impressed with your detailing. Changing a gearbox or a set of pistons wouldn’t bother me, but getting going with an electric mop on my paint is just too scary lol.

I was the same stu before I took the plunge and bought myself a das6 and various cutting pads and finishing pads. Stick with megiaurs m105 m205 and just blitzed my old car with it. Finished the off with cqautz U.K. very easy to do just requires time and patience. I learnt a few things while doing so and will apply these to my RS3 detail this easter weather permitting of course.

Edited by Danw, 27 February 2018 - 07:45 AM.

dsme

dsme

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

A nice shine of that! :) 

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Hi Stu

I know exactly what you mean. I had the same reservations, nightmares of scratches and holograms etc, and compound ingrained into the rubbers LOL. I just to the risk out of it by simply starting with a Dual Action Polisher as opposed to rotary, and a polish with a minimal cut.

The Menzerna 3800 is incredibly easy to work with and has a low 2\10 cut which seems fine for fine swirls\wash marring. Plus it's available in a small cost effective bottle. Now that I've cut my teeth using that, I have the confidence to go with something with more cut in the future if I want.

I watched a few videos online and got a balance of opinion on what to do. I used 3 pea sized blobs on my pad. Spread the polish on low speed. Then I increased the speed and controlled the machine in overlapping passes. Your quickly learn when the polish has broken down properly. It becomes oily on the surface and wipes off very easily with a MF cloth.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
0026063acf0b2cc228740280a4eb58d6.jpg

A little winter wheels setup update. :)

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.