• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

A little update. Yesterday I had the rear H&R ARB fitted. Quite simply it is incredible how the car drives now. I knew it would help from the previous reviews, but even I wasn't prepared for the performance difference.

The car turns in beautifully and sharply. It follows the contours of a bend to perfection and feel more grippy too. For the cost this has to be the best modification on the RS3 8V.

I also had Ferodo DS Performance pads fitted to the front, and the DS2500 on the rear (as there is no DS listed for the rears it seems). Will report back with review once bedded in, but so far they feel leagues better and much more bite.

Nath

Nath

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

So last week I received some new aftermarket RS3 car mats. I was going to go for red trim but went for the silver grey to match the upholstery.

Look really nice and around £50 for the super velour version. From Ambassadorcarmats.co.uk

Will see how they wear but I'm happy and better than the £350 that Audi wanted for their version.

e660b6262c5e8d0f0fd462ab480b33fb.jpg

Hey, just noticed you don't have your engine start button opposite the volume control in the centre console? 

Where is yours located? 

mine below as reference;

14wwvx5.jpg

Edited by Nath, 14 September 2017 - 05:11 AM.

Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 3+ 
TomCat TC600 hybrid | E-Tuners Motorsport E85 ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | HG Motorsport Downpipe | Milltek Decats | HG Motorsport intake | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart Em Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Rays Forged ZE40's 1/4: 11.00 & 136MPH

Danny

Danny

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

No keyless entry?

Nath

Nath

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

No keyless entry?

Is keyless entry an option in the UK?

Daytona RS3 | RS Performance | Assistance | Black High Gloss | Panoramic Roof | Stage 3+ 
TomCat TC600 hybrid | E-Tuners Motorsport E85 ECU & TCU | Wagner Evo 3 FMIC | HG Motorsport Downpipe | Milltek Decats | HG Motorsport intake | BMC Filter | Autotech HPFP | AEM Methanol Kit | Turbosmart Em Kompact | Mishimoto Catch Can | MSS Suspension | Rays Forged ZE40's 1/4: 11.00 & 136MPH

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Keyless is available in the UK but I won't have it as cars can be stolen more easily that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Keyless is available in the UK but I won't have it as cars can be stolen more easily that way.

Keyless on both cars here....
Auto watch Ghost and a Disklok for me.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Auto Watch Ghost FTW. Disk lok is too much hassle and yet another key.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Same here, frightening how easy they can be nicked.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

Nath

Nath

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Thanks for the heads up re: Ghost - I've sent their sales team an email as it looks an excellent deterrent! 

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
A major update. APR Stage 2+ has arrived. Still testing it and having a play, so will report back in due course.

Last night I got round to installing the Eventuri intake as well. So will see what difference that makes but initial impressions are good. Looks and sounds lovely.

https://uploads.tapa...2ced762a6a.heic

Edited by JamesBaby, 06 October 2017 - 08:45 AM.

Zoeben

Zoeben

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
The Eventuri looks great, any chance your going back on the rollers to see what gains it’s made?

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Yes I’ve made plans to dyno it. Still trying to make my mind up about the APR map for now.

Callum66

Callum66

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationMorayshire
Is there a problem with the angle of the first joint behind the Venturi section? It looks from the picture that the jubilee clips are not square to the carbon pipe. Lovely intake if it works as advertised.
Panther FL Sportback, HRE FF04 ET 47 8.5x19 + 235 MPS4’s, MSS Street Kit, Storm Forge FMIC, BCS Downpipe & Stage 2 Engine & DSG remap by DH & MRC 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Is there a problem with the angle of the first joint behind the Venturi section? It looks from the picture that the jubilee clips are not square to the carbon pipe. Lovely intake if it works as advertised.

Sorry just spotted this post. I think its an optical illusion. The clips are straight and it fits well.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
e80644f91482949c32ea3180eb7fdb21.jpg

Another pic of the Eventuri installed.

Kelza

Kelza

Elite Club Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCumbria
Looking great James keep the updates coming 👍👍😀

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
So the Eventuri was sold. I now have the HG Motorsport 3.5inch intake tubing.
Testing intakes takes a lot of effort and it’s not a simple case of swapping them out and running the dyno again. The car takes time to adapt to airflow so it’s difficult to compare.
I’m happy with my new intake, though and it’s due on a dyno next week.
2bf23f559cef9c135edb69c5d8641a46.jpg

dsme

dsme

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Car looks fantastic. Love the alloys you have on it. Curious, did you get the alignment done after fitting the H&R springs? If so, is there much play in the camber settings?

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

James did you get your car on the dyno again and do you know the before and after figures now?

Also why did you sell the carbon kit?

Edited by StuW13, 06 February 2018 - 08:08 PM.

JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Car looks fantastic. Love the alloys you have on it. Curious, did you get the alignment done after fitting the H&R springs? If so, is there much play in the camber settings?

Thanks mate. Yes I did get the alignment done. It important that you do this as it makes a world of difference. There is some adjustment in Camber but not loads. My place knows their onions and were happy to adjust the subframe to balance the castor too.

James did you get your car on the dyno again and do you know the before and after figures now?

Also why did you sell the carbon kit?

The power gains were not conclusive to me. The car needs to go back on a dyno after the latest intake mod. Hoping to book that in soon.

You can't just change an intake and re-run the dyno. The car has to be driven for some miles (I was told 50) for it to adjust to it. Whether that's a new intake or going back to oem.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.