• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

In all honesty I haven't had any situations like this in mine but I wouldn't drive like that on the roads. Traction control stays fully on as the car would not allow that amount on slip with it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been loaning a few bmws recently , m3's/m4's and a 535d

And unless you turn everything off and have no skill at all you can crash like these idiots. Why on earth you would want to drift towards a Kurb through a single lane set of traffic lights is beyond me.

Even in sport+ With traction off the bmw's won't let you spin like this. It's when your ddc is turned off you can have issues.

billyali86

billyali86

Valued Club Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

I have been loaning a few bmws recently , m3's/m4's and a 535d

And unless you turn everything off and have no skill at all you can crash like these idiots. Why on earth you would want to drift towards a Kurb through a single lane set of traffic lights is beyond me.

Even in sport+ With traction off the bmw's won't let you spin like this. It's when your ddc is turned off you can have issues.

Exactly, I often have mine in mdm mode which allows a bit of slip but nothing like this. It will reign things in very quickly. Will allow a bit of wiggle from the rear but keeping you facing the right way. The video of the orange m4 will be with dsc totally off and cold tyres. They can really catch you out if tyres not warm.

When I made the switch from the RS3 I was worried it would throw me in a hedge first chance it got but so far ( touch wood) no issues to report

Gone to find the toys that fell out my pram

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Exactly, I often have mine in mdm mode which allows a bit of slip but nothing like this. It will reign things in very quickly. Will allow a bit of wiggle from the rear but keeping you facing the right way. The video of the orange m4 will be with dsc totally off and cold tyres. They can really catch you out if tyres not warm.

When I made the switch from the RS3 I was worried it would throw me in a hedge first chance it got but so far ( touch wood) no issues to report

Yeah mdm is sport+ equivalent and dsc is ddc I think in other models. I have been out many times in sport /sport and comfort steering and if the back slips out a slight correction of the steering catches it with ease, the m3 and m4 is so well balanced.

Obviously in the wet its takes a while to get grip if your heavy footed but it's all about driving to the conditions.

I find them a lot more fun to drive than the RS3. But they bother have pros and cons for me.

Still can't decide what to buy myself...

billyali86

billyali86

Valued Club Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Yeah mdm is sport+ equivalent and dsc is ddc I think in other models. I have been out many times in sport /sport and comfort steering and if the back slips out a slight correction of the steering catches it with ease, the m3 and m4 is so well balanced.

Obviously in the wet its takes a while to get grip if your heavy footed but it's all about driving to the conditions.

I find them a lot more fun to drive than the RS3. But they bother have pros and cons for me.

Still can't decide what to buy myself...

What's on the shortlist?

Gone to find the toys that fell out my pram

Yeoy

Yeoy

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationDown South

https://instagram.com/p/BMMrarwhBrd/

Seen this on Facebook... Must have watched it 10x over and cringed more every time.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Seen this on Facebook... Must have watched it 10x over and cringed more every time.

BMW make fantastic cars.

Edited by T-800, 01 November 2016 - 09:48 PM.

135i king

135i king

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
I think Sean is itching to get a BMW but a bit scared at the same time ;)

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

I think Sean is itching to get a BMW but a bit scared at the same time ;)

Busted

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Seriously though......

Audi make better cars than BMW.

135i king

135i king

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
Haha!

I've had both, and I'd have another of each.

Both have pro's & cons.. Some days I'd really like some bum twitching RWD action and some days I'd like some grip & go like the clappers action!

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

What's on the shortlist?

100% truth , I don't have a friggin clue, I have taken all sorts out , been out in all sorts and it's just confusing me.

The RS3 is a brilliant car but I'm looking for a real drivers car and something a little more fun.

And it's a head or heart situation too because around 40-50k you can buy a lot of different cars ,

No rushing tho , want my next one to be special

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Seriously though......

Audi make better cars than BMW.

In what way ?

RS3rick

RS3rick

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

100% truth , I don't have a friggin clue, I have taken all sorts out , been out in all sorts and it's just confusing me.

The RS3 is a brilliant car but I'm looking for a real drivers car and something a little more fun.

And it's a head or heart situation too because around 40-50k you can buy a lot of different cars ,

No rushing tho , want my next one to be special

I think you have hit the nail on the head there with your real drivers car and something a little more fun. My Gran could drive the RS3 fast as it's so planted and the car does all the work for you. It's essentially a go cart on wheels. Sometimes when driving it, the drive can come across a bit boring even with things turned off. I'm like you and want something a bit more engaging to drive, closer to the edge, a bit more raw. Anything RWD ticks these boxes. The RS3 is still a great car it really is, and it's bloody quick especially off the line.

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

I think you have hit the nail on the head there with your real drivers car and something a little more fun. My Gran could drive the RS3 fast as it's so planted and the car does all the work for you. It's essentially a go cart on wheels. Sometimes when driving it, the drive can come across a bit boring even with things turned off. I'm like you and want something a bit more engaging to drive, closer to the edge, a bit more raw. Anything RWD ticks these boxes. The RS3 is still a great car it really is, and it's bloody quick especially off the line.

So you never driven a go kart then?? And do go karts not have wheels? They are not easy to drive fast, very demanding and very very raw. And totally awesome!! The exact opposite of how you describe the RS3!

The RS3 is a fantastic road car.

Real driver's car? Go test a Mazda MX-5 for total fun without crazy speeds. Or ANY Lotus. Then you may find the go kart...!

Plenty of FWD driver's cars too, but older versions: look for Peugeot 306 GTI-6 or Rallye, Renault Clio 182, Peugeot 106 GTI and have a ball.

Edited by Ozmosis, 02 November 2016 - 06:21 AM.

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

135i king

135i king

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
I agree with Rick on the RS3, it's such a capable car but requires little input from the driver due to it being so planted and AWD.

It suits me at the minute as winter is now here & I'm not having chance to do any track days or get on some good drives out over the tops due to work but once my shift changes early next year and I can have a dedicated weekend car I'll be 110% going for a Cayman R manual/buckets.

Not many of them around, seem to be exactly what I want in a car, no family as of yet so 2 seats isn't an issue and unlike an M3 (which I also really want) it won't lose much value.

RS3rick

RS3rick

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

So you never driven a go kart then?? And do go karts not have wheels? They are not easy to drive fast, very demanding and very very raw. And totally awesome!! The exact opposite of how you describe the RS3!

The RS3 is a fantastic road car.

Real driver's car? Go test a Mazda MX-5 for total fun without crazy speeds. Or ANY Lotus. Then you may find the go kart...!

Plenty of FWD driver's cars too, but older versions: look for Peugeot 306 GTI-6 or Rallye, Renault Clio 182, Peugeot 106 GTI and have a ball.

My post was actually praising how well the RS3 is on the road, I was referring to how easy it is. Yes I have been go karting and again that's a compliment to the RS3. It's essentially accelerate and go, just steer which is praise. I think you misunderstood my post. The RS3 is a very good car, I just want something more engaging and involving to drive.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

In what way ?

Every way.

Engines , especially the 5 pot, the V8

DSG/S-tronic is a fantastic piece of engineering....

Looks (albeit understated)

Interiors are far far nicer

quattro.....if it snows I can still use it, if it's raining it's sure footed.

I'm not into this 'if the back comes out I can adjust it rubbish'
I like driving from A to B (sometimes going through C) knowing I'll arrive in one piece.

VCDS

Oh and if BMW's are so great then why haven't you gone out and bought one ??

Edited by T-800, 02 November 2016 - 08:19 AM.

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

My post was actually praising how well the RS3 is on the road, I was referring to how easy it is. Yes I have been go karting and again that's a compliment to the RS3. It's essentially accelerate and go, just steer which is praise. I think you misunderstood my post. The RS3 is a very good car, I just want something more engaging and involving to drive.

I understood your post just did not see how you could compare between a go kart and the RS3.

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Every way.

Engines , especially the 5 pot, the V8

Looks (albeit understated)

Interiors are far far nicer

quattro.....if it snows I can still use it, if it's raining it's sure footed.

I'm not into this 'if the back comes out I can adjust it rubbish'
I like driving from A to B (sometimes going through C) knowing I'll arrive in one piece.

VCDS

Oh and if BMW's are so great then why haven't you gone out and bought one ??

"LOL" You are soo touchy when questioned, proper vag ***** arnt you ....

just asking why "you think"  Audi make better cars.

You never know i may end up with a BMW i just cant decide on what i want at the moment.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

"LOL" You are soo touchy when questioned, proper vag ***** arnt you ....

just asking why "you think" Audi make better cars.

You never know i may end up with a BMW i just cant decide on what i want at the moment.

But Scott..... you asked !?? What's Touchy about answering your question ? 

You had the RS3 for about 2 seconds before deciding a 'Deal' was better than owning one......

And you've been undecided for months and months now, every time you come on here it's 'I'm undecided' 'struggling to replace the RS 3'

If the/any BMW 'M' car were that good, you'd have been in one straight after you sold your RS.

VAG group make some fantastic cars.

If they didn't I wouldn't be a member here.

Edited by T-800, 02 November 2016 - 09:10 AM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.