RS3 Saloon

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

L1ARR

L1ARR

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
Interestingly enough, a lot of the FL disbelievers haven't been to vocal since Audi's announcement today. Am sure they are currently munching their way through humble pie.

It's great to see we have been gifted with Ceramics this time, no mention of buckets so let's see if we can start another Bucket seat debate

Keep up the banter it's great.

monopole

monopole

quattrophenia

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationLimbo
What? The saloon was always coming, we knew that. No SB details, and no UK market details. Take a seat in the back, it's dark there.

MY16 Glutorange RS3 - how the hell did you not see me coming!

"always do what you always did and you'll always get what you always got"

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

If it looked like that I'd be queueing up to put a deposit down!

I've been waiting ages for a new RS saloon and I'm a little bit... Meh.

For about 99,000? Euros it is available to buy, probably cost twice that to make it road legal though... plus its running the VW 4 Cylinder turbo engine, as the regs don't allow 5.

Attached File  14440996_1115896788494962_423720841616534658_n.jpg   26.82K   10 downloads

Attached File  14449856_1115896661828308_4222469405342776971_n.jpg   35.81K   10 downloads

Attached File  14446021_1115896885161619_568339655528230127_n.jpg   25.83K   10 downloads

Attached File  14484611_1115897118494929_4662469743637910505_n.jpg   50.66K   10 downloads

Johnnycarpetman

Johnnycarpetman

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationNorth west
Big dissapiontment visually.

Chungster

Chungster

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
That RS3 LMS needs to be in the BTCC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

Interestingly enough, a lot of the FL disbelievers haven't been to vocal since Audi's announcement today. Am sure they are currently munching their way through humble pie.

It's great to see we have been gifted with Ceramics this time, no mention of buckets so let's see if we can start another Bucket seat debate

Keep up the banter it's great.

The 8V SB at Geneva in 2015 had ceramics and they never materialised so don't get your hopes up just yet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gorillajebus

Gorillajebus

• Account Removed
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Exactly that P_G.

Also (I can't find the text passage right now) said at the reveal that the "new" RS3 has got an additional duct for more ventilation in the wheel wells...

Der neue Spitzensportler im Kompaktsegment bringt seinen sportlichen Charakter auch optisch zum Ausdruck. Der Singleframe mit dreidimensionalem Wabengitter trägt im unteren Bereich einen quattro-Schriftzug. Darunter erstreckt sich ein Blade über die gesamte Breite der Front bis in die seitlichen Lufteinlässe. Hier bildet es schmale Trichter, die der besseren Luftströmung durch die Radhäuser dienen. LED-Scheinwerfer mit markanter Tagfahrlicht-Signatur sind Serie, optional liefert Audi Scheinwerfer in Matrix LED-Technologie.

I think the text is talking about the Nr.2 vents in the picture below. It basically says that those things are supposed to give a better ventilation to the wheel wells.

ZJMfwnF.jpg

Edited by Gorillajebus, 29 September 2016 - 08:29 PM.

Spaceman_RS3

Spaceman_RS3

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationCentral Scotland
There's a s3 saloon in the btcc doesn't do very well has a proper wife arch kit too.

Audi blurb says front carbon ceramics are an option for the saloon.

Gorillajebus

Gorillajebus

• Account Removed
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

So apparently the new TT-RS has been delayed because of a problem with the refrigerant.

The old refrigerant R134a has got a higher flashpoint but is not allowed in the EU anymore.

What Audi is going to do about it is currently unknown. Whether they have to redesign the cooling circuit or not and which refrigerant they can use.

Since the TT-RS does have these problems the new RS3 saloon might be affected as well.

The fact with the refrigerant has been confirmed by several sources which are independent to each other.

Edited by Gorillajebus, 09 October 2016 - 12:40 PM.

Duke3D

Duke3D

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationBerkshire

There's a s3 saloon in the btcc doesn't do very well has a proper wife arch kit too.

Audi blurb says front carbon ceramics are an option for the saloon.

Maybe its the women glued to the wings slowing it down  :m0168:

Audi RS3 8P 2011: Phantom Black, Retrofit genuine Audi black grille. Mods: Milltek Decat pipes, Bilstein B16 Coilovers with 034 Motorsport top mounts. Superpro front control arms, Powerflex Gearbox & Dogbone mount inserts, 034 Motorsport Rear ARB, 034 Motorsport Front & Rear Drop Links. Reyland 370mm front brake rotors.

Gorillajebus

Gorillajebus

• Account Removed
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

"13 Things You Didn’t Know About the 2018 Audi RS3"

http://www.automobil...453726EBA71FD3D

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

Here's a taster video of the new RS3 Saloon. Some key parts which may/will ..... (delete as appropriate :)) appear on any a new sportback version in the future.

Some good footage of the virtual cockpit and also some interesting shots of the brakes (at 5.40) - are those ceramics making an appearance again?

Front spoiler/bumper also has what looks like extra vents, hopefully these are not just for show and actually channel cool air into the brakes. 

Alcantara seems to have swapped places with the leather bits on the steering wheel - great for grip but will show wear really quickly if you have sweaty or wet hands.

Not sure if the exhaust sound has been toned down a bit - no pops and bangs?

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

I wonder if anyone will wait for the ceramics only for them to not turn up again?! Any mention of buckets seats ;)

TX.

Edit - those wheels are just yuck though!

2nd edit - just RS on the seats and steering wheel (not RS3), perhaps going to share RS products across platforms?

Edited by terminator x, 07 November 2016 - 08:45 AM.

Nardo RS4

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
Hmmm not sure those 'additional vents' are vents. Maybe just blanks like on ours.

Brakes are for sure ceramics on the video. Deja vous??

Those wheels do not look good at all. Yes the rotors have been done to death but they do look better than those.

Virtual cockpit looks good though!

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Still looks dull, dull, dull......

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

I really find it sounds very much dulled down compared to the Mk2 and poor compared to the new TTRS, no where near as raspy!

I wonder if thats showing the sports or standard set up. 

Agree with you guys on the wheels, so much better out there !

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

billyali86

billyali86

Valued Club Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
A member on another forum has just swapped his sportback wheels for this. The 19 inch option for the golf r. Think it looks awesome. If I go for saloon I'll be going down this route I think

1b4bffe7271422b21421de2397658d4a.jpg

Hope he doesn't mind me using his pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gone to find the toys that fell out my pram

IOWRS3

IOWRS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

A member on another forum has just swapped his sportback wheels for this. The 19 inch option for the golf r. Think it looks awesome. If I go for saloon I'll be going down this route I think 1b4bffe7271422b21421de2397658d4a.jpgHope he doesn't mind me using his pic Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The VW pretoria are beautiful looking wheels!

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Here's a taster video of the new RS3 Saloon. Some key parts which may/will ..... (delete as appropriate :)) appear on any a new sportback version in the future.

Some good footage of the virtual cockpit and also some interesting shots of the brakes (at 5.40) - are those ceramics making an appearance again?

Front spoiler/bumper also has what looks like extra vents, hopefully these are not just for show and actually channel cool air into the brakes. 

Alcantara seems to have swapped places with the leather bits on the steering wheel - great for grip but will show wear really quickly if you have sweaty or wet hands.

Not sure if the exhaust sound has been toned down a bit - no pops and bangs?

Interesting, seems to be missing the character of the Sportback, as is the TTRS, though the engine sounds more raspy? The TTRS advert is laughable, the difference in sound between comfort and dynamic is shades of grey.

Still no TTRS prices or configurator in the UK either, I wonder how much of an impact Brexit will have on future RS releases? Bearing in mind the mainland Euro prices are currently higher than what we pay in the UK.

Mlager

Mlager

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I got news from my dealer in Sweden today, and The news was suprising!!! I still have no news for you about the facelift RS3 , i belive that Audi having som troubels with this model , i men the ttrs was launcht in feb 2016 and you cant order it anyware!! and then i found 4 Audi ttrs facelift on bytbil.com apx 90.000€ each. strange because you can't config the ttrs on the Audi site. so in this pase mayby we can order a facelift RS3 late 2017 for delivery 2018 in time for the relase of a brand new a3 so there are no mening to relase it att all. And Audi sport are to relase 8new models the comming 18mounths sure but you cant bye them a happy RS3 8v2016 owner.

Edited by Mlager, 03 December 2016 - 10:00 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.