Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

#livingindenial

https://youtu.be/Q2WttWX2FlE

This is what a widebody test mule looks like

7c52d4f4cc1c8812915624624d458ff5.jpg

I mean a real photo like on an eBay add or something , you can't really tell the lines from that

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

Putting logic into it, the facelift RS3 Sportback (caveated with if it arrives) will not need to be tested because the changes are internal (engine) and cosmetic, the platform and chassis are the same so no prototype needed. You may be seeing spy shots of the saloon because it is the first time they have put this power train into this variant of the MQB variant platform.

It is also a mule, a number of the initial shots of other RS model use normal / S variant bodies with some changes to front, wheels exhaust. I sincerely hope it does come to Europe and as for bland, the 8V S3 saloon for me is one of the best cars design wise Audi make outside the C7 RS6 and R8 so an RS3 that looks similar I can live with that. The proportions are just right, it was never going to be as lairy as the Quattrosport concept.

That is just horsesh*t though, a facelift car (if coming) would be seen out testing ffs. Are you really saying that a facelift RS3 will just appear in a puff of smoke and be available to order having never been seen on the road?!

TX.

Nardo RS4

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

That is just horsesh*t though, a facelift car (if coming) would be seen out testing ffs. Are you really saying that a facelift RS3 will just appear in a puff of smoke and be available to order having never been seen on the road?!

TX.

Puff_of_smoke.gifgifgifs.com

Edited by T-800, 22 June 2016 - 07:55 PM.

kevin69

kevin69

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
An S3 saloon pulled out near me today - it was sepang - very nice looking motor. Having said that, you could see the envy in his fixed eyes as I drove past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rs3owner

Rs3owner

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

An S3 saloon pulled out near me today - it was sepang - very nice looking motor. Having said that, you could see the envy in his fixed eyes as I drove past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new s3 saloon does look ace with the big sliding roof open, but as you say it would just be rs envy

Foxtrot_Oscar

Foxtrot_Oscar

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNorth East

I wonder if the RS3 Saloon will get the new rotors just released with the new S5 coupe

monopole

monopole

quattrophenia

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationLimbo
Extending on from my chat with my sales guy Friday afternoon, there are currently no PI (product improvements) in place with Audi for the RS3 (which means currently no FL). He did say that the reintroduction of order books next year may well include an RS3 clubsport. I asked RS3, not A3 clubsport and yes said RS3 clubsport, but NOT the 500+, but with the TTRS engine.

I think all we can do is wait and see...

MY16 Glutorange RS3 - how the hell did you not see me coming!

"always do what you always did and you'll always get what you always got"

81llyh

81llyh

Blue! 🔵

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts
Attached File  image.jpeg   60.1K   28 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   56.42K   26 downloads

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
IMHO they just needed to put an RS badge on the A3 Clubsport concept. It was crying out for an RS badge even without the headline power output.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

So saloon only then ;)

TX.

Nardo RS4

81llyh

81llyh

Blue! 🔵

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

😏

domino

domino

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
Has it finally sunk in yet that the sedan is NOT going to have the a3 clubsport body lol
  • 2015 RS3 Sportback Nardo (SOLD)
  • 2020 RS3 Sportback Exclusive (REDUX)

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

A distinct lack of snap crackle and pop... 

81llyh

81llyh

Blue! 🔵

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

In that vid it doesn't but have a look at this. It does pop

When warm the engine won't snap crackle and pop, don't know if you've noticed that?

Attached Files

Foxtrot_Oscar

Foxtrot_Oscar

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationNorth East

New video of the Saloon testing

Rumour is Paris Motorshow unveil in October (for SB and Saloon) and LA show for Saloon for US market. Don't shoot the messenger.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

Still no sign of the SB though  :lol: I predict that the 400hp engine will be TTRS only, how do you like that  :ambulance:

TX. 

Nardo RS4

monopole

monopole

quattrophenia

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationLimbo
I fear the saloon will take my fancy when (IF) it comes to the UK. Happy to keep my RS until then. No rush 😁

MY16 Glutorange RS3 - how the hell did you not see me coming!

"always do what you always did and you'll always get what you always got"

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

The facelift saga has raged intensely on the 'other forum', mostly stoked by people who have relied on misinformation received from over zealous dealers looking to tell customers what they want to hear (especially the S3 owners looking to upgrade but missed the boat when the orders ceased).

Its nice to think that a newer, lighter, faster, more fuel efficient model will be imminent and have us rushing for our calculators to work out the next PCP monthly payment. However, lets take a more realistic view based on what we really know.

1) There have been no FL Sportback test mules spotted out in the wild, the rule of thumb on this is it usually takes Quattro GmbH around 12 months to get the car launched from when it is first seen on test. (for example Saloon has recently surfaced and is due in the USA in Aug 2017, also the new RS4 has been seen out and about and is supposed to be due in the second half of 2017)

2) Production at Ingolstadt is struggling to keep up with demand and many order dates for recently launched new cars have been delayed (new S3's and TTRS's for example). Leaked intel in the press suggests that the delays are due to issues with the new technology (new virtual cockpit being part of that). There are also delays with the new S4 and most likely the recently launched new S5.

3) There are suggestions that Audi are having some problems with the new 400ps engine destined for the new TTRS and is causing delays (it was launched in April but earliest estimate for a TTRS is now 'late 2016'). If this engine is also going into the next gen RS3 then it will also be delayed.

4) With no Golf R400 to worry about, the latest RS3 is currently top of the heap in the power/drag race stakes. The A45 AMG has recently been facelifted and the Focus RS is not in the same league. So no pressure to maintain status by producing another upgraded model just yet.

Taking all the above into account, I cannot forsee how Audi could possibly produce a facelifted RS3 with the new 400ps engine and deliver it to customers before the latter half of 2017 earliest.

My money would be on there not being a facelift, but a new model for 2018 complete with the new 400ps engine, virtual cockpit, dynamic lights, tweaked suspension including a new torque vectoring diff, and hopefully some fully sorted brakes!

Now that would be worth waiting for!

Edited by Fivepotfan, 29 July 2016 - 11:50 PM.

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

^^ Now that last para will have the natives in a fit of rage! They're already calling the current model the old model  :lol:

TX.

Nardo RS4

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

Here's a vid of the new 2017 RS3 Saloon.

Now does that front brake caliper look like its now located differently ie, trailing whereas the current 8V caliper is leading? The wavy brake discs are also absent?

As I mentioned in my post, there are lots of mechancial/technology changes which go beyond a facelift or product improvement which is why I suggested it's more likely to be a new model.

Towards the end of the presentation the guy also refers to numerous new and 'successors' to current RS models between now and 2019.

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.