29 replies to this topic

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

Got to agree with PG on the diluted wheel thing, They've done the same on the TTRS/RS3 with the wheels adding them to every diesel or special edition going....   -_-

It'd be nice if they just kept the RS and S wheels separate to other editions, unlikely I know. 

I  remember cleaning those wheels all too well on the RS4, They took forever trying to get in between the spokes and seemed to collect tar and brake dust!

Get them sealed up as your next job   B)

Hows it comparing to the RS?  Feel any quicker/slower?

I'd not be surprised if it felt slower due to being a lot better insulated than the 3,  I loved the driving position of our A5 because it felt like it'd swallow up the miles with way less effort.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

I had the same wheels on my B8 S4 and as you say they are a pita to clean, I've already put some sealer on them but as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer or at least drier lol i will get them off and cut ,polish and seal them properly. On paper its  only .3 of a second to 60 slower than the RS3 but it does seem slower as you say due to better insulation and being a bigger car.The S5 is more of a GT car whereas the RS3 is a full on drivers car that gives you a great buzz.

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Looks alreet that Wankstat stuff!, I'll look into it....as I have a white car too, would be good to try unless you want to show me how? ;)

http://www.polishedb...crylic-kit.html

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
Garage View Garage

Ben this illustrates why you dont think its much slower..... cos it aint !

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

This is what its like with a map,i couldn't put up with all that increased whining reminds me too much of my ex Mrs its was enough to make your eardrums bleed.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
Garage View Garage
Sounds very race car, I'd like that if I was blasting around a track but it'd really annoy me daily.

That's not normal for stage 1 is it?

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Theres a non standard exhaust on it by the looks and sound at idle which would account for the enhanced noise.

Edited by DAYTONA-500, 03 March 2014 - 08:26 PM.

D4nnyc1983

D4nnyc1983

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Just came across this thread guys so here is my V8. I'm constantly lurking in the back ground on here as I really want an RS3 next.

IMG_2977.jpgIMG_3041.jpgIMG_3091.jpgIMG_3099.jpgIMG_3100.jpgIMG_3098.jpgIMG_3259.jpg7640B67F-AE66-4795-84B6-7E644F5227BB.jpgD75D0F08-0172-49ED-AE73-3B5606B85AC8.jpg

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

No need to lurk in the background get involved even though you haven't got an RS3 yet.

Deano

Deano

Wopper

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire

lovely car! i was thinking about the s5 before i went for a RS3

but needs the rotor arms on it for me!

I'm a complete wanker!

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.