• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Ironhorse 874

Ironhorse 874

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Locationmid wales
took the wifes tt roadster for its first service today and they lent me a brand new S5 to have a crack at great car to drive great sound from that v6 motor still preferred my RS3 though mind you an S5 cabriolet could be a good replacement for the tt at some point mind you new tt out next year might have to wait

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

The last one I drove was my mates V8 version when he got it new a few years ago now which in all honesty I preferred over the V6..  never understood why they changed the engine mid model.

It sounded way better too.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Ironhorse 874

Ironhorse 874

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Locationmid wales
yeah i know what you mean i almost had one with the v8 mind you the 28.6 mpg which was showing on the trip computer was pretty impressive

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

Mate of mine has just traded up his V8 S5 to a new V6T S5 Cabrio and he loves it, says it is far more responsive and frugal but says it does need the volume turned up on the exhaust and not quite the sound of a V8. He was gutted when he found out he doesn't have launch control whereas the '3 has!

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
Garage View Garage

Mate of mine has just traded up his V8 S5 to a new V6T S5 Cabrio and he loves it, says it is far more responsive and frugal but says it does need the volume turned up on the exhaust and not quite the sound of a V8. He was gutted when he found out he doesn't have launch control whereas the '3 has!

It doesnt surprise me its its more eco and responsive.

Sure the 0-60 time deteriorated though...... Surely it'd be a decent car to map now though!  

It would obliterate the V8 then 

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

He went from manual to tiptronic so it is faster because of the gear changes.

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

It doesnt surprise me its its more eco and responsive.

Sure the 0-60 time deteriorated though...... Surely it'd be a decent car to map now though!  

It would obliterate the V8 then 

My S4 which im pxing for the RS3 has the V6 supercharged unit, great engine MRC are doing  upgrades around 500 bhp,loads of talk on another well known UK forum.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
Garage View Garage

Same as the courtesy car i had, Needed a remap and i'd have been fairly happy with it tbh!

Ironhorse 874

Ironhorse 874

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Locationmid wales
the one they lent me was tiptronic it would be agreat car to cruise down through france with effortless motoring and very comfortable

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

MRC do get massive gains from a revised pulley and remap set up, up to 460bhp IIRC

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
Garage View Garage

As per Audi's usual..... spoke to a lad having his S4 worked on at Awesome yesterday.

His car was running above stock figures, seems they do under estimate the power since the whole RS4 saga where they had cars under powered and being handed back.

homeuse

homeuse

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
Garage View Garage

took the wifes tt roadster for its first service today and they lent me a brand new S5 to have a crack at great car to drive great sound from that v6 motor still preferred my RS3 though mind you an S5 cabriolet could be a good replacement for the tt at some point mind you new tt out next year might have to wait

my wife is driving the S5, really have to say that the engine and sound is great. before she was driving a tts and a m6. now it is getting "old" and she would like a s7. I'm thinking if I should keep zhe S5 and do some tuning or if i get a RS4 B5. the goal gona be on both is arround 500-600ps, can't accept that she would drive a more poweful car ;-)

We PARK in a DRIVEWAY and DRIVE in a PARKWAY.

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Just noticed this topic so i thought i'd post some photos of my freshly detailed S5 using the Werkstat Acrylic system .

IMG_0776-Version2_zps0f3a06a3.jpgIMG_0769-Version2_zps48bafe82.jpgIMG_0767-Version2_zps96f3a6b2.jpgIMG_0766-Version2_zps60487bba.jpgIMG_0759_zpsd30cff98.jpg

mrAudi

mrAudi

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationSE England
Garage View Garage

does your S5 fully fit into a single garage ???

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

does your S5 fully fit into a single garage ???

It's quite a large single garage, I've got racking across the bottom end and i have enough room to walk round the car even with the door shut.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
Garage View Garage

You don't often get a nice shine from white cars,  That last picture is the money shot!   :wub:

How's S5 life treating you then? 

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

You don't often get a nice shine from white cars,  That last picture is the money shot!   :wub:

How's S5 life treating you then? 

Was about to say same as Steve, happy with the new car Ben?

More than happy thanks lads,Audi make a good product the RS3 is a great car but didn't suit me in the end and i'll never say a bad word about it.The S5 with the adjustable suspension and the sports diff is many cars in one ,you can waft along in comfort or you can give it the beans, the sports diff seems to be pushing you round corners with lots of grip .I didn't think with the car being White i would be able to get a finish like this but the Werkstat products must have been created with magic i couldn't believe my eyes at the result.

Edited by DAYTONA-500, 25 February 2014 - 10:16 AM.

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Any plans to remap it Ben? also where did you find out about Werkstat and who detailed your car?

No plans to remap or change anything on the car Andy, except for personalised plate.I always do my own detailing so after doing some research on Tinternet i found  that it was recommended to use a sealant rather than a wax on a light coloured car so then reading and comparing about different brands i chose  Werkstat  because of the ease of application in a wide range of temperatures ,i didn't want to go down the route of a product like Gtechniq which needs to be applied in strict conditions . I machined polished the whole car using a DA Polisher with Lake Country Hydro- Tech cutting and finishing Pads using Menzerna RD3.02  [cutting] and 85RE [polishing] compounds then applied the Werkstat Prime [prep sealant ] followed with Werkstat Acrylic Jett [pure sealant] and was amazed with the results i also bought some Werkstat Gloss quick detail spray to use to top up between washes. http://www.polishedb...g-products.html

Edited by DAYTONA-500, 26 February 2014 - 06:07 PM.

P_G

P_G

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
Garage View Garage

Just a shame they don't do unique alloys for it like they did for old 'S' models. I'm sure it is a nice car but like the RS3 in some respects those RS4 'style' alloys just let it down IMO. That and they are a biatch to clean unless you have Wheel Woolies

Edited by P_G, 26 February 2014 - 06:40 PM.

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Just a shame they don't do unique alloys for it like they did for old 'S' models. I'm sure it is a nice car but like the RS3 in some respects those RS4 'style' alloys just let it down IMO. That and they are a biatch to clean unless you have Wheel Woolies

Audi have done the same as Bmw and Merc where the same wheels are available right across the range which blur the lines between models but at least they have Sline,S and RS models where as Merc are putting AMG badges, body kits and wheels on everything like this 

MERCEDES-BENZ C250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport Plus 

it's a money making exercise whereas one time AMG was only reserved for AMG engined cars.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.