46 replies to this topic

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

No spare wheel I'm afraid as the battery is relocated to the boot. Comes with the repair kit instead. I am going to look at getting a skinny space saver though and just leaving that in the boot secured. Will see if the one I have for my TDI goes over the RS3 front brakes first though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. The A5 has the battery in the boot (wheel bay) but a skinny spare wheel on top of it. The RS3 B&O option has the sub in there as well which I thought might be the reason for no spare wheel...

Chris.

Current: Audi RS3 Sportback, Sepang Blue Pearl, Black Seats (Rock Grey Stitching), Dash, Carpet, and Headliner. Comfort & Sound Package. Folding Door Mirrors. Dynamic Package. Lumber Support. Hold Assist. Non-smoking Package. Reversing Camera. Technology Package + Mobile Phone High + Audi Connect. Interior Protection Package. Paint Protection Package.

Previous: Audi A5 S-line Cabriolet, 2.0TFSi, Quartz Grey

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Hello Chris,

welcome to the forum

Where abouts in Kent are you ?

Chungster

Chungster

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
I would guess the A5 has a deeper well that can accommodate the battery and skinny spare on top of it. The RS3 being 4WD may well mean a not as deep wheel well as a normal fwd A3 would have but it all combines to mean not enough space for a skinny spare to sit in the well unfortunately.

Danny

Danny

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Right I have made the step and requested a test drive. Finally settled on my spec (probably, possibly):

Sepang Blue, Black Seats with Rock Grey stitching, Black Carpet, Black Dash, Black Headliner, Comfort and Sound Pack, Folding Door Mirrors, Dynamic Pack, Lumbar Support, Hold Assist, Non-Smoking Pack, Reversing Camera, Technology Pack High + Audi Connect.

The only thing I am considering is the reversible luggage mat as I occassionally pretend that I can play golf! :) Dirty trolley wheels etc are a PITA in my A5!

Hopefully the test drive doesn't throw up any unpleasant surprises on the test drive and I can get it ordered! :)

Chris. Welcome to the OC. Your should haggle for the reversable mat as a freebie. I did. Also I got a full tank of fuel and 6% off the price. If your local garage won't offer discounts let them know that you know of dealers that will. You will get discounts and freebies!

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

Chris. Welcome to the OC. Your should haggle for the reversable mat as a freebie. I did. Also I got a full tank of fuel and 6% off the price. If your local garage won't offer discounts let them know that you know of dealers that will. You will get discounts and freebies!

Might try that! :) Audi's I bought from the dealership have both come with a full tank of fuel. Must be down to the dealership (or likely their proximity to a petrol station). 

Chris.

Current: Audi RS3 Sportback, Sepang Blue Pearl, Black Seats (Rock Grey Stitching), Dash, Carpet, and Headliner. Comfort & Sound Package. Folding Door Mirrors. Dynamic Package. Lumber Support. Hold Assist. Non-smoking Package. Reversing Camera. Technology Package + Mobile Phone High + Audi Connect. Interior Protection Package. Paint Protection Package.

kevin69

kevin69

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
Was told I couldn't even have reversible mat thrown in.
Tbh with my good discount I can't expect too much

Edited by kevin69, 25 September 2015 - 07:46 AM.

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

There has been a slight hiccup! My local dealership sold their demonstrator model and ordered another one, but it has been delayed. :(

Customer orders take priority over dealer orders! On the plus side the dealership did tell me that the current wait time on an RS3 SB is 10-12 weeks!

Chris.

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

I have had a good look round the car already. The only reason I want to take one for a spin was to compare the RS suspension against the Sport's suspension in my A5. Ideally the demo car would have the active suspension on it so I could see how comfortable “Comfort” mode was.

Now if I was a salesman at Audi I would have rung round for the customer and got an RS3 from another Audi dealership delivered to my dealership and then rang me back to arrange the test drive, but that just me! ;)

Chris.

Yeoy

Yeoy

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationDown South
Hate to say it, but I doubt Audi are willing to bend over backwards to sell another RS3 when sales seem to exceed there expectations...

darters

darters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMaidstone, Kent

Currently own a 2013 S3, great car. Tested an RS3 in July, and this is even better. Ordered it in July, Blue, with full spec, black styling pack and black mirrors, pan roof, adaptive cruise (Driver Assistance Pack),  sports exhaust , mag ride (both Dynamic Pack), BO speaker system (Comfort and Sound Pack), HDD Sat Nav (Tech Pack), Super Sports seats, Titanium wheels, no red trim stuff though, as it spoils the blue. Build week of 51 (Xmas ?). This has now changed to 42 (19th Oct) for delivery Mid to late November, cant wait

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Kent is fast filling up with RS3's  :)

kevin69

kevin69

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
Expectant father in Yorkshire too darters - bit o blue, and also November too

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

It's not until you have to interact with another Audi dealership, which is not the one you normally use, that you realise how good your local one is!

I found a dealership with a RS3 SB which has Magnetic Ride and Sports exhausts. I called them yesterday to confirm going for a spin today. The guy I was dealing with (I hesitate to use the word salesman to describe him). Couldn't do today but would ring me back if he could get someone else to go out with me instead. No phone call back! So I rang them today and got no answer at all!

Clearly they can do without my 45k then! :angry:

Also, just noticed the base price has gone up 800 quid (now includes SAT-NAV). The Technology package with Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi Connect is now 150 cheaper! :blink:

Edited by ChristopherPovey, 09 October 2015 - 02:55 PM.

Chris.

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

Gone back to my original dealership that I have used for the last 14 years. They are going to borrow one from another dealership and get in for me to drive!

Failing that plan B:

I have been looking over the dimensions of the RS3 SB internally they match the S3 and A3 SB, so I could at least sit in one of those to check out driving position and comfort (test drive would be pointless obviously). Then, may be, take a risk and order it anyway...

Edited by ChristopherPovey, 31 October 2015 - 01:02 PM.

Chris.

Yeoy

Yeoy

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationDown South
Chris I and probably everybody else who has driven one can back this up... You won't be disappointed if you decide to purchase it.. In fact very far from it.
Goodluvk with whatever you decide to do

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

Well I finally have a test drive booked for Wednesday. My dealership is borrowing one from another dealership for me and another chap to have a spin in! So watch this space... :)

Chris.

Yeoy

Yeoy

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationDown South
Goodluck. Is it coming with dynamic pack?

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

The demonstrator? Don't know. It was hard enough for my dealership to get an RS3! I hope it has at least got magnetic ride is on it so I can see how hard the ride is in comfort mode...

Chris.

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

OMG!  :D That is one seriously quick motor! After the test drive it would be have rude not to order one so...

Audi RS3 Sportback Sepang Blue

Black Seats, Dash, Carpet and Headliner.

Comfort and Sound Package

Folding Door Mirrors

Dynamic Package

Lumber Support

Hold Assist

Reversing Camera

Technology Package with Mobile Prep High + Audi Connect

Should be here February (but we will wait and see)!  ;)

Chris.

Yeoy

Yeoy

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationDown South
Certainly is! That's a quick turnaround! Ordered mine first week of Aug and mines due then..
Didn't opt for a black or Alu pack, nice to see a Sepang without one!

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.