RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

Hello All,

Bit about me, I currently own a Audi A5 Cabriolet (MY2010), and I am looking to change it next spring. At the visit to Goodwood this year the RS3 caught my eye. I feel I have "done" Cabriolets now as I had an A4 Cabriolet before my current A5. A hatch would be useful as would four doors (if for no other reason for shorter front doors).

So before I dive in, I wondered if I could pick the brains of a few of you new RS3 SB owners on here to see what you deem are the must have options.

I am thinking the following:

Audi Magnetic Ride with RS Sports suspension (2H7)

Reviews of the car seem to say this is not an option to not add on roads UK if you fancy keeping your fillings in your head!

Comfort and sound package (WB3)

Interior Light pack is a must. Also I have B&O in my A5 would not spec an Audi without it! :)

Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated (6XE)

Same as my A5...

Technology package with Mobile telephone preparation - High with Audi
Connect (WB4)

Audi Connect did not exist when I ordered my A5. Actually I don't have Sat-Nav at all as it was a 4K option on the A5! As the RS3 has sat-nav anyway, might as well go for the posh version. :)

Driver assistance package (PCE)

Mainly for the auto lights and wipers. Handy feature I use all the time on my A5.

19” x 8J ‘5-arm Rotor’ design in titanium matt finish, diamond cut alloy
wheels with 235/35 R19 tyres (C8J)

Everything else would be as standard. So any thoughts?

Other options in the pot are "Reversing Camera", "Electrically adjustable lumbar support", and "Extended matt aluminium styling package", though these would be instead of something already ticked as I have a budget and it assumes a PE value on my A5 Cab.

Also considering "Advanced Key", but I am nervous about it as there are issues with other Audi's and manufacturers that adding Advanced Key you are more likely to wake up one morning and the car will be gone!

Thanks for reading.

Chris.

Current: Audi RS3 Sportback, Sepang Blue Pearl, Black Seats (Rock Grey Stitching), Dash, Carpet, and Headliner. Comfort & Sound Package. Folding Door Mirrors. Dynamic Package. Lumber Support. Hold Assist. Non-smoking Package. Reversing Camera. Technology Package + Mobile Phone High + Audi Connect. Interior Protection Package. Paint Protection Package.

Previous: Audi A5 S-line Cabriolet, 2.0TFSi, Quartz Grey

Yeoy

Yeoy

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • LocationDown South
Welcome.
Dynamic package if your already thinking of mag ride.
The rest is literally down to preference.
Just be prepared for the long wait if you do order one!

81llyh

81llyh

Blue! 🔵

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts
Matt aluminium pack would look good but it depends on the paint of the car. You decided on paint?

Magnetic ride has improved on the RS3 compared to previous generation and for the sake of £500 you might as well go for the dynamic pack. Sports exhaust and magnetic ride is a must imo.

Oh and welcome to the OC :)

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Howdy, auto lights and wipers are standard on UK spec cars, so maybe swap the driver package for Super Sport Seats these include the electric lumbar adjustment, probably a good option to get as most cars in the UK will have upgraded seats.

Would have liked the interior light package, though its not an option on its own here, so I left that out.

Welcome to the forum....and the long wait :)

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK
Thanks. I expect a long wait. I had to wait 6 months for my A5. Colour I will probably go for is Sepang Blue. Some things to think about there.

How long a wait are we talking here? I planned to change my car next April/May should I be looking to order now?

Thanks.

Edited by ChristopherPovey, 29 August 2015 - 09:10 AM.

Chris.

Current: Audi RS3 Sportback, Sepang Blue Pearl, Black Seats (Rock Grey Stitching), Dash, Carpet, and Headliner. Comfort & Sound Package. Folding Door Mirrors. Dynamic Package. Lumber Support. Hold Assist. Non-smoking Package. Reversing Camera. Technology Package + Mobile Phone High + Audi Connect. Interior Protection Package. Paint Protection Package.

81llyh

81llyh

Blue! 🔵

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts
If you order now you may get it for May.

RobRS

RobRS

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationSurrey

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

I placed an order for a MK2 RS3 on the 7th Aug 15 Last weekend I received a Build Week of 17 2016 (Starting 25th Apr 2016)

So I'm currently on an 8 month waiting list :rolleyes: Although,  I expect the BW to come forward a bit.

MY17 Panther Black RS 7 Performance | Black Pack | Carbon Interior | 21" DS black wheels fitted with MPS4's tyres  | Dynamic Pack Audi Connect Advanced Key + boot opening |  Audi phone box with wireless charging  | Audi smartphone interface |  Dynamic Mirror Indicators Parking pack | Feature programming changes EM Tuning interior LED light update | Thinkware F800 pro + Rear Dash Cam |

Wife: MY12 Daytona Grey RS3 | Bucket seats with grey stitching | Heated seats | Black Styling Pack & Inlays | Black Roof Bars | Privacy glass | RNS-E | Bose sound system | Reversing Sensors | Audi LED number plate lights | EM Tuning LED interior light pack | Cruise Control | Folding, dimming & heated mirrors | Auto Lights & Wipers | Adaptive headlights | Gloss Black Alloys fitted with MPS4's tyres | Thinkware F750 + Rear Dash Cam |

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK
Will have to get organised then. :)

Its easier to sell a cab in the spring (more money) as people don't tend to think about buy them in the middle of winter. Given the build time, looks like that's not going to be an issue!

Also the longer the wait the more I can save to put towards adding more toys. Though, conversely, the less I will get PE for mine (as the mileage will be higher by May 2016).

Edited by ChristopherPovey, 29 August 2015 - 11:12 AM.

Chris.

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Not sure the titanium wheels are worth the extra cash - I prefer the standard silver or black, but it largely depends upon your choice of colour. Personally I would wait till buckets are available but you may not like them and the delay will undoubtedly breach your timeline

Whatever you order, I hope you enjoy it   :)  

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Yep, a long wait for sure, I placed mine first week of August, build expected in April, delivery in May, I wanted a Catalunya red one, though opted for Sepang blue in the end as it looks a little more discreet and more of a sleeper car. Waiting time at the moment is circa 9 months depending on the spec.

81llyh

81llyh

Blue! 🔵

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Yep, a long wait for sure, I placed mine first week of August, build expected in April, delivery in May, I wanted a Catalunya red one, though opted for Sepang blue in the end as it looks a little more discreet and more of a sleeper car. Waiting time at the moment is circa 9 months depending on the spec.

I placed my order on the 1st of August and its provisionally going to be built end of October so delivery for end of November early December. You have a long wait for some reason

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

One other question, the brochure and configurator confused me a bit. Does the UK spec model come with a spare wheel or not?

Thanks.

Chris.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

One other question, the brochure and configurator confused me a bit. Does the UK spec model come with a spare wheel or not?

Thanks.

Don't think so, It's pretty rare to see a full spare these days.

Probably something to do with weight saving and European emissions.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Chungster

Chungster

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
No spare wheel I'm afraid as the battery is relocated to the boot. Comes with the repair kit instead. I am going to look at getting a skinny space saver though and just leaving that in the boot secured. Will see if the one I have for my TDI goes over the RS3 front brakes first though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS3 Rich

RS3 Rich

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I have been quoted delivery date of March if ordered now. You guys managed much discount? Btw nav is not standard fit.

kevin69

kevin69

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
I believe nav is not standard too RS3 rich.
Although hey do all come ore- prepped with the function - apparently you can buy the nav SD card online for about £150 - and am also told it's as easy as just popping it the slot. hope that's right because that is what I am doing !!

scotexile

scotexile

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationIn Exile

I believe nav is not standard too RS3 rich. Although hey do all come ore- prepped with the function - apparently you can buy the nav SD card online for about £150 - and am also told it's as easy as just popping it the slot. hope that's right because that is what I am doing !!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you still need Audi to activate it - and the cost of that is similar to speccing it at factory. Others may be able to shed more light on it for you
Maintaining status quo is not an option

kevin69

kevin69

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
Hope so scot. Would he good to know either way.

billyali86

billyali86

Valued Club Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Card can be bought, but needs activated by the dealership, which costs the same as the SD Nav

Gone to find the toys that fell out my pram

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

Right I have made the step and requested a test drive. Finally settled on my spec (probably, possibly):

Sepang Blue, Black Seats with Rock Grey stitching, Black Carpet, Black Dash, Black Headliner, Comfort and Sound Pack, Folding Door Mirrors, Dynamic Pack, Lumbar Support, Hold Assist, Non-Smoking Pack, Reversing Camera, Technology Pack High + Audi Connect.

The only thing I am considering is the reversible luggage mat as I occassionally pretend that I can play golf! :) Dirty trolley wheels etc are a PITA in my A5!

Hopefully the test drive doesn't throw up any unpleasant surprises on the test drive and I can get it ordered! :)

Chris.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.