33 replies to this topic

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
I'm in Bala today and spend some weekends near Hawarden so I'll look out for you!

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

Pat

Pat

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationStaffs/Cheshire border
Hasn't the Bala triangle as it used to be known to me as a biker 10-15 years back been peppered with police and speed cameras now ?

STRIKE EAGLE

STRIKE EAGLE

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNORTH WALES

I haven't noticed any fixed cameras in the area , maybe they are hidden in the trees or bushes !!

Having said that I drive the area (not `hanging around` speeds) and so far have been ok ,, but yes it is a very popular area with bikers specially when the weather is nice and at the weekends , so just remember this and treat them with respect .. no raceing ...just let them pass...its not worth it.

Also seen a couple of unmarked police cars around but mostly further up north.

I will be watching out , not out this weekend but going down to Dolgellau / Mach via the Conwy Valley tomorrow (Mon) in the RS.

Clarky

Clarky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi

Just googled the Evo Triangle, I know the roads quite well through cycling and driving classic Minis, I would normally carry on to Denbigh, I like the other side of the A5 over Ysbyty Ifan, Blaenau and Traws, lovely roads and fairly quite this time of year.

Police Camera's tend to be Mobile Vans, however if you plan your route you can Go On the Arrive Alive Website and they will tell you where the Camera's are on that Day, nice of them hey!!! 

I'll look out for you all!

Ironhorse 874

Ironhorse 874

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Locationmid wales
Welcome to the forum good to see another Welsh RS3 owner looks good in white too

STRIKE EAGLE

STRIKE EAGLE

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNORTH WALES

Left home (Colwyn Bay) around 0745 this morning and routed down Conwy Valley thru Llanwrst then up thru Penmachno onto the Ysbyty Ifan road , then dropped down just before Trawsfynydd nuc power stn. Then straight down to Dolgellau and final stop Machynlleth.

Total time on route approx. 1hr 20mins.

Spent some 7 hrs up the side of Cad idris watching and photographing Military low flying jets then duplicate route back home.

Zero speed cams or mobile vans on route.

The 5 pots were singing to me....love this machine!

(sorry this should be on the `what did you do today in your RS)

Ps....nothing passed me , and no `takers` trying to get in my boot ...only performance car spotted was an Aston going the other way who flashed me !

Edited by STRIKE EAGLE, 26 January 2015 - 07:27 PM.

mrAudi

mrAudi

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationSE England
Garage View Garage

sorry i got confused as the first half all i read was ljhgfdxj hfwutdxydx hfcutiuvl ljhvyhfxufc lugviycduyfcvljh

i must of forgot to turn on my universal translator

Edited by mrAudi, 26 January 2015 - 08:07 PM.

Clarky

Clarky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Strike Eagle a great drive Never been up Cad Idris, not even on a MTB Bike, I heard back in the day you could drive up!!? I reckon you must have pressed on a tad!

I'm off to Bangor tomorrow on the A55, may have to return to the East Side via a more scenic route A5 Betws or may be Llanberis via pen y pass

I Probably will be passing through Colwyn 8 am ish tomorrow.... : ) I just love that 50 mph restricted bit!!!! not

Kelza

Kelza

Elite Club Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCumbria
Wow Toby never knew you could speak a different language lol

Robinsky

Robinsky

Evo Triangle Guru

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hi folks from North Wales. I have just joined the Club and also live in the best place on earth! (North Wales that is for those of you who weren't sure). I am hoping to pick up my RS3 from Manchester Audi this week, a black 2012 plate with 24000 miles. Can't wait. My previous cars include a TT, S3(stage 2 chip, ITG cool air induction, Miltek and uprated clutch!) Awesome car. To my current car RS4 cabriolet which I have only had for 10 months, just can't get used to the scuttle shake on the cabriolet. Will post pics when I get the RS3 and will look out for you folks on those fab North Wales roads.

STRIKE EAGLE

STRIKE EAGLE

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNORTH WALES

Welcome Robinsky .... watching for you on the A5/A55 !!

Robinsky

Robinsky

Evo Triangle Guru

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hi strike Eagle, will look out for you too, As a keen photographer also who spends most free time seeking out great photo locations 7n North Wales I have always admired the fab shots from the Mach loop. One day I will get there. Will get in touch to ask your advice on where is best to go. Best regards Robinsky

STRIKE EAGLE

STRIKE EAGLE

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNORTH WALES

Great stuff Robinsky....yes I`m your man with regards to the `Machloop` ,,, I`ve been photographing jets there for over 20 years.

Send me an e-mail when you`re ready.

Would be a great `RS3` photo shoot as well!

Clarky

Clarky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi

am i correct in thinking there maybe 2 RS3's in or near Wrexham? a B/ack and a Suzuka? anyone????

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.