• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Clarky

Clarky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi All

Just like to say Hi from North Wales, after doing some research here over Christmas I finally decided to sell my Golf R and picked up an Ibis White RS3 from Newcastle a week ago! this is my second RS having previously owned a RS4 B7 plus 3 x VW R's,  Golf R, R36 & R32.

I hope the photo uploads! this was from the day I drove back, I think its at the services near Shap on the M6, great day for a drive in an RS!

Attached File  IMG_7436.JPG   92.54K   11 downloads

Danny

Danny

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Welcome Clarky. Haven't seen many white RS3s with alu pack. Looking good! Does she hold up well in the snow?

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Welcome! Car looks good, how does it drive compared with your Golf R?

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

Welcome Clarky!

Enjoy the new purchase,  How does it compare to the Golf R's? 

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

CarrG

CarrG

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
Great choice! Welcome!

Handles great in the snow!

Interested to know how you rate it to your Golf R also :-)

Ibis RS3 - Buckets - Bose - Black Ed - Cruise - High Beam Ass - Privacy - Elec Mirrors - Heated Rear Seats - Light & Rain Pack

VW California GP 180 DSG - "Candy"!

Clarky

Clarky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi

Well Mk6 Golf R 5Dr 6 Speed DSG, what do I say, what a car! I really kind of have to go back to the R32 as this is my first flirtation with German AWD Car's as this replaced a FWD Mazda 3 MPS.

My first real car was in the 90's, a UK Sunny GTiR and this gave me an insight to AWD Performance, practicality and Porsche Embarrassing!! usually with MTB Bikes Strapped to the back: ), fast forward to 2009 I returned to performance cars, and a long came the R32 and then my daughter mmmm I needed a Bigger Car!!!  R36 and my first DSG Car, I replaced this with my Dream Car RS4, Fantastic but mmmmm Manual! whats that all about, along came a chance to drive a friends RS3 , mmmm I thought thats a bit better than the REVIEWS say......

At this point I had purchased a 7 spd DSG Kombi Transporter, I had decided the RS4 needed to go and I liked the size of the Golf, it suits the North Wales Roads, so to answer the Golf R Question, its a very underrated Car and it is easy to drive at 80/90% all year round, I only bought it 6 Months ago however it made my mind up that I needed a RS3, so here I am...........

I had become fairly confident in the Golf, very easy to press on, very balanced and my feeling was it comfortably handled and delivered its power to the road all year round, perfect when you live in Wales, the RS3 feels similar, the 7th Gear brings its cruising revs down, however as its been so cold and damp I haven't really pushed the RS yet.......

Love the forum, I browsed quite a bit over the Xmas period and learnt a lot!! Cheers : )))

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationPreston Lancashire
Garage View Garage

Welcome and congratulations Clarky. 

Posted Image

Kelza

Kelza

Elite Club Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationCumbria
Welcome clarky ,Very nice just like mine .,!👍😄

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Hello mate,

Welcome to the forum, any questions you may ask get answered on here 99% of the time. Enjoy

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage
Welcome to the forum and I'm sure you're gonna enjoy owning the RS3.Hopefully we are gonna get a meet organised for the Evo Triangle in the not to distant future which would be a good chance for you to attend.

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage
Are we starting a thread Ben? I am in.
Posted Image

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

Are we starting a thread Ben? I am in.

Steve mentioned a while back about an Evo Triangle day out when the weather gets better,so perhaps a Sunday in Feb/March could be organised ? .Im in as well .

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Evo triangle? need I ask where this is ???

Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Festering.

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts
  • LocationCemetery Lane.
Garage View Garage

North Wales,it's the route Evo car mag use to test cars.

https://www.google.c...h&oe=UTF8&msa=0

mrAudi

mrAudi

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationSE England
Garage View Garage

And before you say it Roy......YES it's not in the south AGAIN, but as long as you take your anti-allergic pills you will be able to go out of the area

Vito

Vito

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
Garage View Garage
We 've already done it before a meeting in wales, brilliant!
!Attached File  image.jpg   49.63K   7 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   42.72K   12 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   54.99K   9 downloads
Posted Image

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK
I sadly couldn't make the recent Lakes run, but it would be great to be part of future gatherings.
I don't think I have ever seen so many RS3 together.

Clarky

Clarky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

That Looks Like a Typical Wet Welsh Day, thats why I drive a VAG Car I love the Welsh roads and I drive from top to bottom and back for a living!  usually in my Sportine Van, the classic North Wales Drive is Oswestry, Lake Vyrnwy, Bala, Betws, Ruthin and home, The road from Bala to Portmadog being my favourite.

Let me know of any meets, I'd love to join in.....

sawda

sawda

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • LocationNorth London
Hello clarky and welcome to the forum... Love to hear more about how you get on with your RS when you get a chance to let her loose.... Any pics of your new pride and joy?

STRIKE EAGLE

STRIKE EAGLE

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNORTH WALES

Hi Clarky , welcome!

I don't know exactly were in N.Wales you are but suspect its not far from me !....I`m up on the North Wales Coast.

I drive a Daytona RS3 (standard spec) which I have had for almost a year , I also am lucky enough to drive the so called `Evo Triangle` road route on a regular basis , so I will be watching out for you!!

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.