29 replies to this topic

Oli

Oli

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Yes, it's not fast enough for me

Kept your test drive quiet? Faster round the ring than the RS, by 6 seconds........;-)

Over and out, this is going nowhere :-)

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - VW California hire

www.bmvs.co.uk

Klauster

Klauster

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
Garage View Garage

Define cool for me......

I appreciate you have an RS Tattoo ;-), but I feel you should reserve your continual negative judgment till you've actually driven one. I love the RS, but just because a car is limited and has a five pot engine, doesn't make it the best for me. Its good we are all different.

Another car worth driving is the new Leon Cupra, I drove one at Launch at Mallory Park. Now that is a serious FWD car, the best Ive driven. Again I appreciate you're not going to buy one, but try it, you will be amazed how well it goes, and how well build etc it is :-)

Off to sulk in the four pot corner.........;-)

Lol I have driven one, my wife also has a golf MK 7 so I am aware the tech and build quality is excellent and superior to the RS3, I haven't got time to explain cool to you as I'm too busy getting more tattoos ;)

Klauster

Klauster

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
Garage View Garage

Kept your test drive quiet? Faster round the ring than the RS, by 6 seconds........;-)

Over and out, this is going nowhere :-)

My car is not standard, jog on

Klauster

Klauster

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
Garage View Garage
Next test drive I have I will be sure to inform you....

jonniebrads

jonniebrads

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

^ the outer tips aren't fake! they are only used when in race mode I beleive.
I have one on order, and the best advise I can offer is drive both vehicles and decide for yourself

It was a friend who told me that and after looking at everyone I see has carbon end up inner 2 and the outer 2 are clean as a whistle.. After doing small research I was WRONG there not FAKE, but the engine noise piped through the speakers when driving is lol

Research comes from a golf r forum..

"As for the exhaust, it's more than a visual difference. While gases escape only through the inner two of the four exits under light-load driving, high-throttle or high-rev conditions open butterfly valves at the exit of a rear resonator chamber open, to open the outer exits and give the exhaust a note that's raspier when revved. Engaging Race mode opens those butterfly valves for the outside two outlets all the time, resulting in a noticeably more bellowy sound just off idle and up to the mid revs, where it seems that the piped-in intake sounds chime in just as much if not more."

JonnyG

JonnyG

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationLeeds
Garage View Garage

There's no clear cut answer IMHO  :)   

I owned a Mk 6 R for over 2 years and loved it.   I also love my RS3.  But both have their downsides.

If you like a soulful engine with a great soundtrack, combined with a great 7-speed S-tronic box ... go for the RS3.  The engine / gearbox combo is far far better than the Golf R's IMHO.  The downside for me is the front end weight, the dated chassis and dated interior & controls). I love the Q car looks though ... very understated, particularly when debadged.  

If you like a more modern, lighter and better handling car round the twisties go for the Golf R.   The downside compared to the RS3 is the engine... and if you want a DSG R,  the combo is just not as good. 

If I had the choice day to day it would really depend on the type of  journey I was about to make.

I was about to get a new Golf R on one of the good lease deals but despite being advertised and sold to me as a personal contact hire, it ended up me having to prove I was a sole trader (which I'm not :o ).   The deal fell through.  There are still some reasonably good deals out there though.  

I suspect the RS3 will eventually be quite a rare and sought after car in a few years whereas the Mk 7 R will be in plentiful supply, especially in two and three years time when all the lease deals come to an end and they end up at auction.  

Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, Sept 2012

terry muggeridge

terry muggeridge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have a RS3 with a Forge intercooler and superchipped. She rides better on 18inch wheels but still the steering is fairly numb. Performance is epic! Just taken delivery of a Golf R. Ride and handling is better, ACC is good fun but carefully running in and engine is very tight so cannot yet do a full comparison!

I also have a Fiesta ST Mountune! More fun than  any hot hatch I have driven in the last 35years. The seats are brilliant ,the steering just about spot on,the brakes superb and she looks great in white. What a bargain!!!

I think I will sell the RS3 so if anyone is interested!?Daytona grey,storage and luggage pack,light/rain sens/auto dim,through load facility,interior light pack,privacy glass,alcantara steering wheel etc.,electric drivers seat,heated front/rear seats ,aluminium race inlays,electric and heated mirrors,electric lumbar support,adaptive headlights,Bose,September 2012,only 6500 miles,front brakes ,calipers and discs all recently replaced under warranty,19 inch wheels as new as not used whilst on 18inch.Any questions just call me on 07894 457147

Lee551247

Lee551247

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

I will be honest I haven't drive the Golf R I am sure it will be a lovely car but I am waiting patiently well try to wait patiently for the New RS3 as I am sure it will out do all of them..

I'm with you on this mate, I'm going to the Paris motor show so hope to see it there!

TheLegate

TheLegate

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Just found this clip of an RS3 vs a Golf R from 100-200 kmh

TheLegate

TheLegate

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Hey guys, my RS3 got delivered today and life has just turned around completely. Absolutely amazing and thrilling, go full force and you're at scary speeds in seconds, the noise is just fantastic and I must have cummed multiple times on my journey but not to worry as I think it complements the white stitching  :jarjarbinks:

It feels like I have taken an eternal pill of ecstasy.

I don't have much else in life, but this makes up for everything, it has injected a wicked concoction of exuberance, redefining the very structure of reality which I once new.

I love everyone here, you're all amazing, I love animals and I will have a monkey one day and call him Bobo. :leia:

Peace.x

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.