Photo

Bye bye RS3... but I'll still be hanging around ;-)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

I am sure I'm not alone in thinking I'd like to reset 2020 and start again  :D

Decided that it was time to buy my dream car and after going to the local dealers 'just for a look' ended up buying this little beauty:

[/url]" rel="noopener noreferrer" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: rgb(254, 254, 254); color: rgb(165, 46, 45); text-decoration-line: none; user-select: auto; font-family: "helvetica neue", Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "fira sans", "droid sans", sans-serif; font-size: 15px;" target="_blank">50173767986_749cc480a5_h.jpg

My 2018 RS3 is still in the family - my missus has now taken ownership of that and traded in her 2016 model (the trade in values on hers and mine were almost the same - crazy!!!). She'll be hiding the mythos black under a wrap though as she loves Catalunya more  :lol:

I'm still a bit in shock when I wander into the garage. Unbelievably well composed on the road, as much as I loved my RS3s (and the previous RS6) this is pretty special to drive.

Anyway, despite the fact that I have left the RS3 fold, I'll still be watching the forums - it is one of the few where fellow petrol-heads share sensible discussions. Thanks to all for all the help and advice for the last few years!

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
Fair play too you bud - not a massive fan of red motors myself but that is a banging looking motor

Tortoise99

Tortoise99

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Lovely car drgav2005. Great colour too. How does the engine sound compare to the RS3?

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Fair play too you bud - not a massive fan of red motors myself but that is a banging looking motor

Cheers! 😁

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Lovely car drgav2005. Great colour too. How does the engine sound compare to the RS3?

Sounds amazing, not quite flat 6 air cooled of old, but puts a grin on your face as the revs rise. I'll report back again once I've had the chance to spank it with the sports exhaust turned on 🤣

AJB-RS3

AJB-RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
Lovely looking car mind! Although I wonder whether you might miss the RS3 come rain and winter good job the Mrs is just keeping it warm for you!

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Lovely looking car mind! Although I wonder whether you might miss the RS3 come rain and winter good job the Mrs is just keeping it warm for you!

Cheers! The new one is a 4S - it should cope with the rain ok... ;) might need a set of winter tyres in case we get lots of snow though - the RS3 still has its winter boots on, I never got around to putting the summer wheels back on it this year!

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Mrs Keeping it warm for you !!

are we still talking cars ???

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Good luck Gav,

Really nice car mate enjoy it and the new home , dont forget the house warming invites  ;)

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Good luck Gav,

Really nice car mate enjoy it and the new home , dont forget the house warming invites  ;)

Cheers Roy! They'll be in the post once this CV19 buggers off! 

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Aww Piss Gav!

Sad to hear of the departure m8. Gotta say though after building a house during the world going coco pops was a tall order and you managed it, a present like that is no more than you deserve. Enjoy your new machine bud and remember to post some pics of your Mythos/Catalunya 2nd car.

All the best!

Scott

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Aww Piss Gav!

Sad to hear of the departure m8. Gotta say though after building a house during the world going coco pops was a tall order and you managed it, a present like that is no more than you deserve. Enjoy your new machine bud and remember to post some pics of your Mythos/Catalunya 2nd car.

All the best!

Scott

Many thanks, Scott!

Like I say, I'll still be hanging around on the forum - it's one of the few I've been on where people genuinely like the cars they drive and don't talk complete tosh 99% of the time!

My better half liked the look of the Porsche Lava Orange when she was in the dealership, so the mythos black might end up covered in something similar - I'll post up pics once done (looking like September since the wrapping company is fully booked until then).

mattwez378

mattwez378

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationBoston, UK

Nice motor Gav, look forward to seeing a Lava Orange RS3!

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Nice motor Gav, look forward to seeing a Lava Orange RS3!

Thanks, Matthew!
Yep, I'm trying to convince my better half to go lava orange with the wrap but I reckon it will turn out just a little lighter than the original Catalunya.
Has the RS6 arrived yet? Looking forward to seeing some pics of the new beast!

mattwez378

mattwez378

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationBoston, UK
That’ll still look good.

RS6 is in the country just waiting for a collection date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Aww Piss Gav!

All the best!

Scott

My better half's car cam back from Shore wraps in Glasgow today. They've done an excellent job hiding the mythos black and turning it into a (very close) Catalunya RS3, even adding the black rear badges. Have to say, it looks awesome in the flesh and my Missus is thrilled to bits with it. Makes my Carmine red look really deep red in comparison!

50379703322_fe4917d376_k.jpg

50378827503_2d79765aff_k.jpg

50379704267_c1e03da43c_k.jpg

50378827253_33cd34cdb2_k.jpg

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

So much red even the dog doesn't know what to make of it!

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

A nice garage to have though mate even though the K9 is thinking wtf?

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
She's mad as a balloon anyway. If we could wire her up to the house, she'd generate more energy than the solar panels 😂

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

You always need something very slightly madder than the Mrs to keep things on the level. I have my worries about the Mrs but I have 2 kiddies which, at least one of which, is madder than a box of frogs - keeps everyone else on their toes it seems. Livin' the dream.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.