Photo

Bye bye RS3... but I'll still be hanging around ;-)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

I am sure I'm not alone in thinking I'd like to reset 2020 and start again  :D

Decided that it was time to buy my dream car and after going to the local dealers 'just for a look' ended up buying this little beauty:

[/url]" rel="noopener noreferrer" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: rgb(254, 254, 254); color: rgb(165, 46, 45); text-decoration-line: none; user-select: auto; font-family: "helvetica neue", Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "fira sans", "droid sans", sans-serif; font-size: 15px;" target="_blank">50173767986_749cc480a5_h.jpg

My 2018 RS3 is still in the family - my missus has now taken ownership of that and traded in her 2016 model (the trade in values on hers and mine were almost the same - crazy!!!). She'll be hiding the mythos black under a wrap though as she loves Catalunya more  :lol:

I'm still a bit in shock when I wander into the garage. Unbelievably well composed on the road, as much as I loved my RS3s (and the previous RS6) this is pretty special to drive.

Anyway, despite the fact that I have left the RS3 fold, I'll still be watching the forums - it is one of the few where fellow petrol-heads share sensible discussions. Thanks to all for all the help and advice for the last few years!

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
Fair play too you bud - not a massive fan of red motors myself but that is a banging looking motor

Tortoise99

Tortoise99

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Lovely car drgav2005. Great colour too. How does the engine sound compare to the RS3?

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Fair play too you bud - not a massive fan of red motors myself but that is a banging looking motor

Cheers! 😁

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Lovely car drgav2005. Great colour too. How does the engine sound compare to the RS3?

Sounds amazing, not quite flat 6 air cooled of old, but puts a grin on your face as the revs rise. I'll report back again once I've had the chance to spank it with the sports exhaust turned on 🤣

AJB-RS3

AJB-RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
Lovely looking car mind! Although I wonder whether you might miss the RS3 come rain and winter good job the Mrs is just keeping it warm for you!

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Lovely looking car mind! Although I wonder whether you might miss the RS3 come rain and winter good job the Mrs is just keeping it warm for you!

Cheers! The new one is a 4S - it should cope with the rain ok... ;) might need a set of winter tyres in case we get lots of snow though - the RS3 still has its winter boots on, I never got around to putting the summer wheels back on it this year!

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Mrs Keeping it warm for you !!

are we still talking cars ???

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Good luck Gav,

Really nice car mate enjoy it and the new home , dont forget the house warming invites  ;)

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Good luck Gav,

Really nice car mate enjoy it and the new home , dont forget the house warming invites  ;)

Cheers Roy! They'll be in the post once this CV19 buggers off! 

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Aww Piss Gav!

Sad to hear of the departure m8. Gotta say though after building a house during the world going coco pops was a tall order and you managed it, a present like that is no more than you deserve. Enjoy your new machine bud and remember to post some pics of your Mythos/Catalunya 2nd car.

All the best!

Scott

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Aww Piss Gav!

Sad to hear of the departure m8. Gotta say though after building a house during the world going coco pops was a tall order and you managed it, a present like that is no more than you deserve. Enjoy your new machine bud and remember to post some pics of your Mythos/Catalunya 2nd car.

All the best!

Scott

Many thanks, Scott!

Like I say, I'll still be hanging around on the forum - it's one of the few I've been on where people genuinely like the cars they drive and don't talk complete tosh 99% of the time!

My better half liked the look of the Porsche Lava Orange when she was in the dealership, so the mythos black might end up covered in something similar - I'll post up pics once done (looking like September since the wrapping company is fully booked until then).

mattwez378

mattwez378

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBoston, UK

Nice motor Gav, look forward to seeing a Lava Orange RS3!

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.