• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

toosmiles

toosmiles

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Hey guys,

my name is simon from north wales,just joined to browse and ask for advice for a car ill be hopefully purchaising within the next few weeks,hopefully if the sale of my car goes through that is

cheers

533bhp Mk6 Golf R 

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Welcome to the forum!

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Hey guys,
my name is simon from north wales,just joined to browse and ask for advice for a car ill be hopefully purchaising within the next few weeks,hopefully if the sale of my car goes through that is
cheers

Welcome along.

What flavour RS3 are you getting ?
8P / 8V / 8V.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

I suppose the main question is budget? If you are in 8V/FL territory what are your 'must haves'?  I ended up buying new in the end but looking at cars prior to that I wanted SS seats, sports exhaust and B&O as a minimum.  Since moving out of London to the boonies I would add Matrix lights to that package if you are looking at a FL. 'Nice to haves' are pan roof, paint - ie anything other than Nardo, wheels and TPMS / HH assist.

Of course, if you are looking at the 8P then the choice is far easier - try to find one with buckets.  It really was a simpler and probably a far nicer world back then.....

Jamesybaz

Jamesybaz

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Theres a fair few 8P's on the trader at the moment. Are they not selling at the moment?

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Theres a fair few 8P's on the trader at the moment. Are they not selling at the moment?

The 8Ps are now a 8 year old car & don't have the must have toys people want these days.

I've owned mine for the past 7 years & still enjoy driving it with the odd track day thrown in 😊

Dell.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

And I have to say it goes fairly well Dell provided an instructor is not sat next to you.

I had an 8P 2l TDi afer the M4 was nicked and they are great cars. That thing pulled like a train so I can only imagine how the RS version goes. Handed it of to the Mrs and it has now covered 80,000 miles (with 30,000 put on by me with a heavy foot) and absolutely nothing has gone wrong with it. Paid £12k for it 6 years ago at 35k miles and standard indie service cost since.

Probably the best car I have ever bought in cost / benefit terms ever.

And it is still going strong.  Epic car.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

And I have to say it goes fairly well Dell provided an instructor is not sat next to you.

I had an 8P 2l TDi afer the M4 was nicked and they are great cars. That thing pulled like a train so I can only imagine how the RS version goes. Handed it of to the Mrs and it has now covered 80,000 miles (with 30,000 put on by me with a heavy foot) and absolutely nothing has gone wrong with it. Paid £12k for it 6 years ago at 35k miles and standard indie service cost since.

Probably the best car I have ever bought in cost / benefit terms ever.

And it is still going strong.  Epic car.

Ed

I had the same in quattro version. For £350 you can get a simple remap with no hardware changes and add 45 bhp.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Nice idea - it is being driven by a 5' 3" Swedish bird (The Mrs). I drove it for 30,000 miles without blemish in 2 years. She has driven 10,000 in 3 years. In this time I have replaced the drivers door, the offside rear door, the rear bumper, repaired the front bumper and it still requires a PDR repair on the o/s rear quarter.

Do you think a re-map is appropriate in these circumstances?

To be fair - I learned a lot on the rear door replacement as I had to remove the window guide and glass tighter with the handle - turned out to be quite a major job.  Bought a professional tool kit out of it so all's well that ends well.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

Fair point.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

The 8Ps are now a 8 year old car & don't have the must have toys people want these days.

I've owned mine for the past 7 years & still enjoy driving it with the odd track day thrown in

Dell.

They sound incredible too and are particularly fast out of service stations ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

toosmiles

toosmiles

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

thanks for the info already guys  :D

8V and a budget of £25,000,a little more if maybe has a few mods like stage 1 or 2  ;) 

mainly sports exhaust,sports seats,B&O system,fancy headlights,hill assist as live in a hilly area,sepang blue with black pack is it?

maybe a bit too much im asking for then?

533bhp Mk6 Golf R 

toosmiles

toosmiles

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

thanks for the info already guys  :D

8V and a budget of £25,000,a little more if maybe has a few mods like stage 1 or 2  ;)

mainly sports exhaust,sports seats,B&O system,fancy headlights,hill assist as live in a hilly area,sepang blue with black pack is it?

reverse camera,DAB,DIS,ha maybe asking a bit too much now

533bhp Mk6 Golf R 

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Hill hold assist isn't necessary for hill starts bizarrely as the car has a dsg box. It comes in handy when sitting in traffic as you don't have to sit there with foot on brake to avoid creeping forwards.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

thanks for the info already guys :D
8V and a budget of £25,000,a little more if maybe has a few mods like stage 1 or 2 ;)

Most 2015 8V.1 range from 25-31k.

You’ll need to make sure it wasn’t abused because a lot were bought by ‘i am the best thing since sliced bread types’ who just basically wanted more power for cheap as possible, then return it to stock when they moved on to the ‘next greatest thing’, usually a BMW of some sort.
The problem then is because these cars led a hard life from the off, the 2nd /3rd owners are the ones picking up the big bills when they go wrong.

My advice find a standard one that’s clearly been looked after, you’ll have a good starting point then, rather than inheriting a ‘you tube’ or ‘instagram’ Star for a day cast off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drgav2005

drgav2005

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Hill hold assist isn't necessary for hill starts bizarrely as the car has a dsg box. It comes in handy when sitting in traffic as you don't have to sit there with foot on brake to avoid creeping forwards.

I've always wondered what use the HH was... I don't think I've ever used it in this one or the last one! Makes sense now!! :D

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
Welcome to the forum. For what you are looking for I reckon your going to be nearer 30k. Found one at Leeds Audi for you that looks like it has the spec you want ( take off the nasty go faster stripe though lol.

https://www.sytner.c...r-s-tronic-nav/

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Welcome to the forum. For what you are looking for I reckon your going to be nearer 30k. Found one at Leeds Audi for you that looks like it has the spec you want ( take off the nasty go faster stripe though lol.
https://www.sytner.c...r-s-tronic-nav/

If a owner felt the need to have a go faster stripe what does it say about him or usage ?

Dell.

LaRocK

LaRocK

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
Yup agreed Dell, was all I could find out there for the guy at the moment though, sure something more suitable will come up as this financial meltdown bites.

toosmiles

toosmiles

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

thanks guys

seen a couple now,most of the spec i wanted so not bothered,ebay links but use there own webpage

https://www.ebay.co....-1/233511897484

this 1 has a nice little extra touches on

https://www.ebay.co....4.c100667.m2042

then finally this,the poor guy spent just over 3k and had to sell up after losing his job etc,would save me a fair few quid in the future i suppose

https://www.bclcars....ddlesex-2763704

533bhp Mk6 Golf R 

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.