• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationKent

Which Rear ARB.. 

https://www.awesomeg...-25mm-ttrs-rs3/

https://www.akstunin...udi-rs3-8p.html

Is the 034 worth over £100 more?

How many of you have either? I know the 034 is pretty popular. 

Thanks.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Which Rear ARB.. 

Thanks.

034 was the only rear arb about when i fitted mine but for that money i would have used the H&R instead.

Dell.

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

Which Rear ARB..

Thanks.

I have the 034 arb due to the excellent reviews it got but pretty sure the H&R one will be much the same.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

I went for the H&R - the 034 is slightly more adjustable but, in reality, who is going to bother once it is fitted.

The other upside I noticed was that it solved the pan roof creaking - shows how much body flex there is with the stock bar.

MB RS3

MB RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationKent

Thanks for the replies.

Do you all have it set on the stiffest setting? 

Cheers.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Thanks for the replies.

Do you all have it set on the stiffest setting? 

Cheers.

I've been running the stiffest setting from day one......The RS rotates nicely on turning with zero understeer even in the wet.

Dell.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

I think oversteer was the issue on the 25th Nov Dell.  Quality spin in the chickane (which was as slippy as a fish).  Between you and me I suspect the instructor is looking for alternative jobs!

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK

034 here, mainly because at the time I could find anywhere that sold the H&R rear only.      

It was part of a set and I didn’t want or need the front arb. 

034 here on its stiffest from the start,  I thought I had an issue soon after fitting, but turned out to be a 20mm washed gravel stone off my driveway rattling about in the hollow wishbone, which was promptly removed. 

front end turn in improved remarkably, I also then added the optional 8.5j 255 staggered set up.

Turns in like it’s on Velcro. 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

I think oversteer was the issue on the 25th Nov Dell.  Quality spin in the chickane (which was as slippy as a fish).  Between you and me I suspect the instructor is looking for alternative jobs!

Only on the 1st lap due to cold tyres.....once warmed up not a problem Tony.

Delll.

MB RS3

MB RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationKent

I went for the H&R - the 034 is slightly more adjustable but, in reality, who is going to bother once it is fitted.

The other upside I noticed was that it solved the pan roof creaking - shows how much body flex there is with the stock bar.

Did you find a big improvement with it fitted over OEM mate?  

MB RS3

MB RS3

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationKent

034 here, mainly because at the time I could find anywhere that sold the H&R rear only.      

It was part of a set and I didn’t want or need the front arb. 

034 here on its stiffest from the start,  I thought I had an issue soon after fitting, but turned out to be a 20mm washed gravel stone off my driveway rattling about in the hollow wishbone, which was promptly removed. 

front end turn in improved remarkably, I also then added the optional 8.5j 255 staggered set up.

Turns in like it’s on Velcro. 

With H&R now selling rear only now - what would you of opted for? 

Sounds really good.. I think every review I have seen of a aftermarket rear ARB especially on the 8P is always so positive. 

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK

With H&R now selling rear only now - what would you of opted for? 

Sounds really good.. I think every review I have seen of a aftermarket rear ARB especially on the 8P is always so positive. 

Hmm having just being reminded of the H&R purply blue colour , which shouts  modification to Audi, ( I was still in 5 yr warranty then)

I probably have still gone with 034 black, despite its logos and stickers, which soon weather off..  

then only the brackets / grease points give it away. 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Hmm having just being reminded of the H&R purply blue colour , which shouts  modification to Audi, ( I was still in 5 yr warranty then)
I probably have still gone with 034 black, despite its logos and stickers, which soon weather off..  

Here's a thought under what circumstance would the aftermarket ARB affect a warranty claim....none really tbh.

Dell.

0120raptor

0120raptor

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • LocationUsually in the dyno cell

I got the H&R bar then powder coated it black. Audi proof.

Catalunya Red ,Heated rear window,Power steering,Wireless (with FM),Seat belts,Servo assisted brakes.Pneumatic tyres. Disc brakes.

Paul

Paul

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUK

Here's a thought under what circumstance would the aftermarket ARB affect a warranty claim....none really tbh.

Dell.

true, but I couldn’t be bothered  with the hassle or argument if there was an issue.

i had top mounts on the front replaced under warranty,  I’m sure if it had been the rears , they would have tried to wriggle out of it, due to non standard part fitted as part of the suspension. 

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

true, but I couldn’t be bothered  with the hassle or argument if there was an issue.

i had top mounts on the front replaced under warranty,  I’m sure if it had been the rears , they would have tried to wriggle out of it, due to non standard part fitted as part of the suspension. 

Well there's the rub of extended warranty 🤔

Dell.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

My H&R bar is black.  Fitted in October so maybe there has been a change.

Anyway, given the general competence of the Audi Techs I doubt they would notice either way.

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Did you find a big improvement with it fitted over OEM mate?  

Stops a lot of body flex - had the pan roof creaking a lot before fitting and silent after.  Worth it for that alone!  No adverse effect on ride quality (for those in the fornt anyways - had the Outlaws over from Sweden in early Jan and they were looking a bit green after a 40 minute blast).

On the track it is a lot more pointy although the downside is you are at risk of both understeer and oversteer depending on the conditions / corner - you have to balance it better. 

Pil5burydoughboy

Pil5burydoughboy

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationAberdeen

Dell.

Surely nobody has warranty now on a 8/9 year old car.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Surely nobody has warranty now on a 8/9 year old car.

It was mentioned by Paul as he has/had an extended 5 year warranty on his RS.

I don't worry about things like that tbh.

Dell.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.