Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Bloody clever bit of kit it is too 

Im surprised you have not made one Sean !

simcla18

simcla18

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Me like that - a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

k7aus

k7aus

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Bought one of these about 7 years from CJ Autos in Heywood (oldham) the 1500kg version for working on mk older VW's (Mk1 & Mk2) best thing i bought. Had a 2002 Audi TT Coupe on it and it coped fine. Not sure i would put RS3 on it

https://www.cjautos....LIFT_p/cl03.htm

1989 Mk2 Edition One PF - BREAKING in LC3U - Not Registered
1990 Mk2 2.0 8v GTI 3A - SORN
1991 MK2 Edition Blue GTI PF - Restoration
1998 Audi A3 1.8T AGU - SORN
1998 Mk1 Citigolf Chico 1.3 GY - Not Registered
2002 T4 1200 SWB ACV
2003 Audi S3 1.8t BAM
2004 Audi A2 TDI90 ATL
2005 Golf S TDI BKC
2007 Golf GT TDI BKD
2016 Audi RS3 8V
2018 Golf GTE Advance CUKB

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Bought one of these about 7 years from CJ Autos in Heywood (oldham) the 1500kg version for working on mk older VW's (Mk1 & Mk2) best thing i bought. Had a 2002 Audi TT Coupe on it and it coped fine. Not sure i would put RS3 on it

https://www.cjautos....LIFT_p/cl03.htm

I did look at those but the 1500kg & sizing wasn't to my liking which was a shame as it is half the price of the Autolift 3000.☹

The Autolifts swl is 3000kg with a max height of 600mm,1600mm wide & only 115mm when down ticked all the boxes for me.👍

As you say there a great bit of kit & make life so much easier & safer when working on the RS mate.😁

Dell.

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

Does the tilting bit lock? I think this would be ideal for rotating wheels, if you could pop it under the centre of the car and lift all four wheels clear of the ground at once! :)

Chris.

Current: Audi RS3 Sportback, Sepang Blue Pearl, Black Seats (Rock Grey Stitching), Dash, Carpet, and Headliner. Comfort & Sound Package. Folding Door Mirrors. Dynamic Package. Lumber Support. Hold Assist. Non-smoking Package. Reversing Camera. Technology Package + Mobile Phone High + Audi Connect. Interior Protection Package. Paint Protection Package.

Previous: Audi A5 S-line Cabriolet, 2.0TFSi, Quartz Grey

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

Does the tilting bit lock? I think this would be ideal for rotating wheels, if you could pop it under the centre of the car and lift all four wheels clear of the ground at once! :)

Chris.

I don't believe in rotating wheels but if you move the platform back by 15/30cm from the front you can just push down on the rear & the front with lift.Then just get someone to put an axle stand under the front X member.

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 01 December 2018 - 11:08 PM.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.