Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationSouth of somewhere

Legend is probably abit a extreme but he is a top fella

No I think what he actually meant to say was he is a leg end....... not a legend :lol:

now driving a 'Daytona Lite' FL car.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Modesty stops me from saying who came first again making it 3 years in a row  :11: although Graham (and the lad in the red one sorry I have forgot your name ) made it interesting with 2 laps to go !

But I did slow down as I had no petrol left and did the last 3 laps with the fuel light flashing and it saying 0 miles left refuel immediately just like they do in formula one  :lol:

After three years of witnessing the 'drive it like I stole it' and the untamed urge to be at the front on the motorway journey or at the track.....I am now convinced that Roy is either a professional getaway driver or maybe one of the ex-Stig's from BBC Top Gear!

Joking aside, to be able to drive a stock power car on stock wavy brake discs consistently fast around a circuit like Castle Coombe deserves a round of applause........top bloke.  :up_it:

It was great to see so many people turned out despite the crap weather, a massive thanks to MacD & Lady C for organising everything....and the tea, coffee and food was much appreciated.

Improvement ideas for next year..........make Roy start at the back of the pit lane and with a full tank of fuel :lol:

Edited by Fivepotfan, 14 October 2018 - 11:42 AM.

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

After three years of witnessing the 'drive it like I stole it' and the untamed urge to be at the front on the motorway journey or at the track.....I am now convinced that Roy is either a professional getaway driver or maybe one of the ex-Stig's from BBC Top Gear!
Joking aside, to be able to drive a stock power car on stock wavy brake discs that consistently fast around a circuit like Castle Coombe deserves a round of applause........top bloke.  :up_it: 

It was great to see so many people turned out despite the crap weather, a massive thanks to MacD & Lady C for organising everything....and the tea, coffee and food was much appreciated.

Improvement ideas for next year..........make Roy start at the back of the pit lane and with a full tank of fuel :lol:

Reverse grid for Roy next year then we really see if his fast or just slippery by started from the front ? 😂

Dell.

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Many thanks Brian

It was all the spirited driving on the way down that used all my petrol

I had 50 miles till empty before I started that had all gone after 3 laps and the red light was blinking and 0 miles showing so it was a balance of speed and conservation to make it to the end .

Its a shame your brakes gave out Brian ............ 

we should try and organise a go kart meeting with Dell handicapped to a 5 lap wait as he weighs 5 stone even in a soaking wet in a sheepskin coat!

Did anyone manage to get Robs brilliant "recovery" that saved his insurance company or him a hefty body panel replacement bill ?

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Many thanks Brian

It was all the spirited driving on the way down that used all my petrol

I had 50 miles till empty before I started that had all gone after 3 laps and the red light was blinking and 0 miles showing so it was a balance of speed and conservation to make it to the end .

Its a shame your brakes gave out Brian ............ 

we should try and organise a go kart meeting with Dell handicapped to a 5 lap wait as he weighs 5 stone even in a soaking wet in a sheepskin coat!

Did anyone manage to get Robs brilliant "recovery" that saved his insurance company or him a hefty body panel replacement bill ?

😂😂😂👍

Dell.

GreyDave

GreyDave

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

https://instagram.com/p/Bo4aaz8g2w7/

I got it on my GoPro but need to get home and merge the 2 clips together before uploading

sig.jpg

Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

It wasn't Rob - I was the one who was responsible for that bit of gardening.......

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Amended  :)

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Where's all the photos??

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage

Where's all the photos??

Just put a separate thread up for them, we’ve just got home so will sort mine soon.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

BenTTU

BenTTU

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationTamworth

Spot on matey 

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Can I add that yesterday was the first time I had EVER started from the front of the "grid"

all the other times I have been in the middle 

So there !   :)

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Can I add that yesterday was the first time I had EVER started from the front of the "grid"

Touchy  :P

Btw last years grid was much small mate :P Big fish in a small pond & all that. ;)

Dell.

Edited by RS3Dell, 14 October 2018 - 04:22 PM.

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Touchy :P

Btw last years grid was much small mate :P Big fish in a small pond & all that. ;)

Dell.

Too be fair we need to cut him some slack last year he was in a barge this year a speed boat so was clearly eager to test it out so zipped to the front for clear track

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Too be fair we need to cut him some slack last year he was in a barge this year a speed boat so was clearly eager to test it out so zipped to the front for clear track

That's why we had a smaller grid last year !  :P

Dell.

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

It doesn't seem to matter where you start........you somehow always end up at the front!

Even more annoying, you had a passenger (extra weight), backed off after 3 or 4 laps due to low fuel (arguably and advantage too) and the final thing was the shoes you were wearing to drive (kinda posh cowboy style boots/shoes :wacko:)

Maybe we should have some additions to the RS3OC merchandise next year.......How about some Tee/Polo shirts which have

I raced Roy!

(and lost)

or perhaps....

Roy is the Stig!

Edited by Fivepotfan, 15 October 2018 - 09:21 AM.

jimojameso

jimojameso

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Great day. Good to catch up with some old faces and meet some new ones. Thanks to Caroline and Steve for organising another great event. :)

2015 Nardo RS3

2010 Sepang TT RS Sold!

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

It doesn't seem to matter where you start........you somehow always end up at the front!

Even more annoying, you had a passenger (extra weight), backed off after 3 or 4 laps due to low fuel (arguably and advantage too) and the final thing was the shoes you were wearing to drive (kinda posh cowboy style boots/shoes :wacko:)

Maybe we should have some additions to the RS3OC merchandise next year.......How about some Tee/Polo shirts which have

I raced Roy!

(and lost)

or perhaps....

Roy is the Stig!

Put me down for 4 of each me the 2 boys and the Mrs!

Fivepotfan

Fivepotfan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Put me down for 4 of each me the 2 boys and the Mrs!

Forgot to mention they only come in one colour .........grey! Care to guess which shade of grey? :lol:

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

DAYTONA of course !  :P

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.