• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

So, even though I'm driving in dynamic, the car reverts back to something different on switching off. Does anyone know what our cars default back to, is it comfort or auto?

Also, my car will always show dynamic in the screen even though I switch off and restart. Surely, if it reverts to say auto then this is what I should see on the display when I start the car up again?

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Standard Audi Drive select behaviour.

Defaults back into Comfort.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Dynamic map only loaded when cycling modes every ignition cycle.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

johnnyboy

johnnyboy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I think it goes thru a boot up check or something as I’m sure if you leave it alone after a few min it will go back into dynamic and you’ll hear the exhaust valve open. It’s annoying tho as you can force it back into dynamic sooner manually but you have to wait for computer to fully boot up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

I think it goes thru a boot up check or something as I’m sure if you leave it alone after a few min it will go back into dynamic and you’ll hear the exhaust valve open. It’s annoying tho as you can force it back into dynamic sooner manually but you have to wait for computer to fully boot up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe but you won't have the "pops and bangs" map until you scroll through the modes.

TX.

Edited by terminator x, 29 August 2018 - 01:10 PM.

Nardo RS4

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Dynamic map only loaded when cycling modes every ignition cycle.

TX.

Yep cause you can tell as the suspension stays bouncy bouncy

seventeenapg

seventeenapg

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBelfast N Irl

Maybe but you won't have the "pops and bangs" map until you scroll through the modes.

TX.

So, thats why my sports exhaust is still so quiet...so, when I start the car I should always press the dash button and scroll through all of the modes until I come back to dynamic?

2018 > Catalunya Red saloon < Black pack ~ pano sunroof ~ privacy glass ~ LD Prestige gloss black wheel rims ~ red brake calipers ~ matrix LED ~ Gtechnic Ultra ~ Suntec PPF to complete front incl mirror caps ~ folding mirrors ~ keyless entry ~ sports exhaust ~ black badged ~ supersports seats ~ Blackvue DR 900s 2CH dash cam with OBD-II power source ~ RS design pack ~ comfort pack<

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

So, thats why my sports exhaust is still so quiet...so, when I start the car I should always press the dash button and scroll through all of the modes until I come back to dynamic?

Yep! Daft that Audi set it up like this but all RS's the same it seems. Less noticeable on mine as it doesn't pop and bang anyway  :ambulance:

TX.

Nardo RS4

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
Yep daft but true.

I bought an AVC so mines open all the time but I can close them as and when.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

Yep daft but true.

I bought an AVC so mines open all the time but I can close them as and when.

Not the same model but if available on mine I'll get one too. Can they set it up, say, to open the valves if sport mode selected?

TX.

Nardo RS4

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Not the same model but if available on mine I'll get one too. Can they set it up, say, to open the valves if sport mode selected?

TX.

Here ye go John

Yours I believe ?

https://www.active-s...e-valve-control

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
Ooh nice! Thanks for link.

TX.

Nardo RS4

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Ooh nice! Thanks for link.

TX.

What it’ll do John is turn your battery powered dyson into a mains powered one

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
Ha ha let's hope so!

TX.

Nardo RS4

Dooahhdoo

Dooahhdoo

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

I was doing alright on that YouTube vid until around 6:35 when the subtitles went off. If you get one can you do a before and after please?

johnnyboy

johnnyboy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

So if anybodys interested I found a way to avoid the wait to select your driving mode...

1...You need the * set to toggle driving modes before hand

2...When you start your car the * wont respond for a while

3...If you put your gearstick over to the left into manual mode it will let * select drive mode a lot earlier.

Hans Stuck

Hans Stuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

The * button has to wait for the MMI to initialise. I now jump in, start up and, without having to think, press the 'Drive Select' button on the dash five times (once to activate and four to cycle back to 'Dynamic'). Instant.

Sn00ten

Sn00ten

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationThe Shire of Warwick
I was wondering about this.. I need to wait so the car is off choke when it's cold, then I can select a different drive mode and the flaps open (flaps.. That word makes me chuckle lol). Sometimes the * button doesn't work for changing modes, even when the car is warm, anyone else get this?

Ara Blue Saloon - Sport Pack - Comfort & Sound Pack - Driver Assistance Packs - Carbon Ceramic Brakes - Matrix LED Headlights - Super Sports Seats - De-Restricted -

De-Badged - Gloss Black Styling - Carbon Cabin Inlays - Extended Leather - Electric Mirrors - Diamond Cut Black Alloys - Privacy Glass

johnnyboy

johnnyboy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

The * button has to wait for the MMI to initialise. I now jump in, start up and, without having to think, press the 'Drive Select' button on the dash five times (once to activate and four to cycle back to 'Dynamic'). Instant.

On my car the * button always works if you put gear stick into manual mode (over to left) first. Your way sounds quicker Ill give that a try later.

johnnyboy

johnnyboy

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I was wondering about this.. I need to wait so the car is off choke when it's cold, then I can select a different drive mode and the flaps open (flaps.. That word makes me chuckle lol). Sometimes the * button doesn't work for changing modes, even when the car is warm, anyone else get this?

The * randomly doesn't work sometimes for me also

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.