27 replies to this topic

Roy

Roy

Resident Nardo Hater

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts
  • LocationYellow is the new Black

Ah not as bad as I thought for long lasting maintenance. Watch this space, cause the Nardo monster will be glistening brighter than Tom Cruise's teeth yet.

Nardo monster..?

Not even I have called it that !

Edited by Roy, 22 April 2018 - 04:42 PM.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Nardo monster..?

There’s a forum first

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

The new Gtechniq crystal serum has hardness of 9H (pencil) and a 9 or 10 year guarantee. With an Exo top coating, or 2 for extra gloss, it’s one of, if not, the best coatings out there. Downside is you need annual top up to maintain guarantee.
I give mine, which has CS Black coating, regular spray with Gtechniq QD or similar and the finish is as good & glossy after some 30 months and feels oh so silky smooth when running finger over it. Give occasional jet wash pre rinse, snow foam, jet wash off & dry any surplus water with large fluffy micro fibre towels, then a quick QD, all of which takes 45-60 mins.

What is the QD you do at the end Tippytoes?

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Nardo monster..?

I like the way the colour matches the ceiling at work. No premium paint costs for me

Tippytoes

Tippytoes

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEast Sussex

What is the QD you do at the end Tippytoes?

Quick Detailing product either Gtechniq or Sonax - spray on, polish off

RS Steve

RS Steve

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Loads of products in my garage from Auto Finesse, Meguiars, Autoglym & even some Turtle wax. All good for the home detailer in my book. 

Sn00ten

Sn00ten

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationThe Shire of Warwick

Owned the RS just over three weeks now and it was sparkly when it got delivered but now I feel it's time for a clean... I too have just spent a small fortune on products (the shopping list just snowballs doesn't it?!) and will give it a go on Sunday afternoon, weather depending!

The Mrs has said I can have a trial run on her Qashqai, with the whole jet wash / snowfoam / two buckets / electric drier technique I've opted for to start with. Not sure if that's just a blag to get me to clean her car too though lol

Edited by Sn00ten, 01 November 2018 - 09:13 AM.

Ara Blue Saloon - Sport Pack - Comfort & Sound Pack - Driver Assistance Packs - Carbon Ceramic Brakes - Matrix LED Headlights - Super Sports Seats - De-Restricted -

De-Badged - Gloss Black Styling - Carbon Cabin Inlays - Extended Leather - Electric Mirrors - Diamond Cut Black Alloys - Privacy Glass

RS Steve

RS Steve

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Owned the RS just over three weeks now and it was sparkly when it got delivered but now I feel it's time for a clean... I too have just spent a small fortune on products (the shopping list just snowballs doesn't it?!) and will give it a go on Sunday afternoon, weather depending!

The Mrs has said I can have a trial run on her Qashqai, with the whole jet wash / snowfoam / two buckets / electric drier technique I've opted for to start with. Not sure if that's just a blag to get me to clean her car too though lol

..............you will enjoy it!! :D

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.