RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire
https://www.pistonhe...quattro/8071691

I can’t believe garages are charging as high or higher for nearly new cars as you can order new one from Audi. The spec on this apart from the pano roof is no better than mine for £6k more and 4000 miles on the clock. Please don’t tell me idiots buy these to save waiting.
There’s even plenty of 17 plate cars going for well over £50k.😳

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
I think the order books are going to close soon, like with the PFL. TTRS order books have closed too I believe...

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

T-800

T-800

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts
I think some dealers are thinking they can still sell RS3’s for silly money to make a quick profit.

Some are still sat around that were 60k when the FL was launched in September last year

RS3Dell

RS3Dell

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationToo close to Roy.

I think some dealers are thinking they can still sell RS3’s for silly money to make a quick profit. Some are still sat around that were 60k when the FL was launched in September last year

Greedy F#ukers ! ☹

Dell.

MacD

MacD

Site Owner

• Owner
  • 4,777 posts
  • LocationDark side of the moon
Garage View Garage
It must be a dealer thing?

I went into BMW (please forgive me) to look at an M4 before I bought the 6. They had in fairness a nicely specced dark purple/Blue one with stunning white leather.

I enquired about a discount on that car as it was month end. There was no discount and in fact when I sat down with the sales guy it worked out cheaper by a few grand to spec exactly what I wanted with more options.

When I pointed this out the useless 9 year old sales kids reply..... but you can have that now, lead times are up to 6 weeks. Errrrrr yea ok I said and left.

The official RS3 Owners Club forum - www.audirs3oc.com 

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

I think the order books are going to close soon, like with the PFL. TTRS order books have closed too I believe...

Does that mean they won't let anyone order one until further notice and is there a max they can sell a year?

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
So it's the spoilt little "I want it NOW!" brigade who have created this issue! Porsche didn't help with the premiums on the Cayman GT4 either, for example...

Coming soon: McDonald's and all fish & chip shops will charge more if the food is already on the counter, so you don't have to wait more than 18 seconds for your meal ;)

:blue: ​    Sepang Blue 8V RS3. Loud Exhaust. Loud Music. Louder Interior. Quiet Exterior.

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Does that mean they won't let anyone order one until further notice and is there a max they can sell a year?

It's speculation more than anything, with the PFL there didn't seem to be a defined "number" of cars produced, they just stopped making them after 10-11 months if I remember correctly.

Maybe they will not do it this time, but with the all new A45 AMG coming soon, they might see what it's official figures are and come out with a Plus version as a run-out...

Or they might do none of the above and continue with their SUV/EV onslaught!

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

It's the 'In Demand' market which I think this particular priced car attracts. In my opinion, people who buy at that price are the type to own the vehicle for a short time and 'flip' it for more cash quickly.

Shame such performance is treated with such poor passion.

RS777

RS777

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationHampshire

It's speculation more than anything, with the PFL there didn't seem to be a defined "number" of cars produced, they just stopped making them after 10-11 months if I remember correctly.

Maybe they will not do it this time, but with the all new A45 AMG coming soon, they might see what it's official figures are and come out with a Plus version as a run-out...

Or they might do none of the above and continue with their SUV/EV onslaught!

Its a pity you couldn't buy a plus pack if such a thing came out. The dealers are missing a trick on performance upgrades because lots of owners would pay silly prices for upgrades that kept the warranty. Imagine if they offered all FL cars a £5k upgrade for a better intercooler and map that gave 80hp. regardless of whether that was 2.5 x the real price I am sure they would have a ton of takers.

It's the 'In Demand' market which I think this particular priced car attracts. In my opinion, people who buy at that price are the type to own the vehicle for a short time and 'flip' it for more cash quickly.

Shame such performance is treated with such poor passion.

I had just this conversation with my mate this afternoon and he say I should just get the coatings done and put it up for sale for £5k more and not drive it. Well that certainly will not be happening. :P 

JamesCam

JamesCam

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Its a pity you couldn't buy a plus pack if such a thing came out. The dealers are missing a trick on performance upgrades because lots of owners would pay silly prices for upgrades that kept the warranty. Imagine if they offered all FL cars a £5k upgrade for a better intercooler and map that gave 80hp. regardless of whether that was 2.5 x the real price I am sure they would have a ton of takers.

I had just this conversation with my mate this afternoon and he say I should just get the coatings done and put it up for sale for £5k more and not drive it. Well that certainly will not be happening. :P

Yeah sure why not if moneys that much of a thing, it's a good decision to make if you know the right people. But the car is absolutely epic, so screw that! I sit in it everyday and honestly think, no car really needs to be that fast...it's the perfect fuse of practicality and speed.

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.