92 replies to this topic

davemul

davemul

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Agreed it looks way too 'normal'.

It's annoying.. all Audi needed to to was give it some beefier arch work. I certainly would have been sold in a year or so!

:black: 2016 BLACK/ALU RS3 avec a melange of options 

kalexan

kalexan

Valued Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Just noticed the show car has an alcantara gear selector too.

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge

I think it pretty f*****d up that they would even bring out a new version of ours 8v models after just over year - and given it more power.
The 8p model was out for 3/4 years before introducing the the 8v. Which has kept the prices good on em.
I'm all up for progress, but not so soon.
Seeing the pictures ( might look better in flesh) I don't see anything that would make me swap my baby.
Looks boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't see it hit the streets for 18 months though in the UK imho and by then most of us will have had ours for 3 years. Out in USA first remember.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

terminator x

terminator x

Grandmaster Flash

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts
  • LocationIn a barge near Roy's old barge
Plus it isn't a face-lift of ours, it's really a new (saloon) model so 8V v2 imho.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nardo RS4

C.B

C.B

• Valued Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Sure I read in some of the literature the arches are just as flared as they are on the 8V SB so I dont really see peoples point over the styling, no car has ever looked like its concept!

For me the saloon has always been the better looking of the A3's so I am happy thats the approach they have taken and it addresses the main issue with the older car which is its too nose heavy. I'm hoping to get one.

I have to admit though I think the facelift is actually worse looking than the pre facelift, something around the headlights just isnt as pleasing on the eye. Same with the new a5

Edited by C.B, 04 October 2016 - 02:31 PM.

Gorillajebus

Gorillajebus

• Account Removed
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Since the new TT-RS is delayed by quite a bit there is a rumour going around that the RS3 saloon will be delayed as well.

No one knows for sure why the TT-RS has been postponed but Audi said on Facebook that they will announce withing the first half of 2017 when the TT-RS will be available.

The TT-RS which have been build already (press cars and HEA's*) will be build as a "special edition" celebrating the 40th anniversary of the 5-cyliner engine.

https://www.facebook...165009483534262 the link leads you to the Facebookpost. It is in German but basically consists what I just wrote above.

If it has to do with the new 5-cylinder aluminum block then the RS3 saloon might be delayed as well. That could be the reason why they will be selling it in USA & Asia first.

* HEA= Händlererstaustattung, bascially means that the dealers can preorder specific "packages" of cars. For example TT-RS package A includes Nardo Grey paint and Carbon Ceramics while Package B is Red and has the Virtual Cockpit. 

Woodstock25

Woodstock25

soon to be an ex RS3 Owner

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Since the new TT-RS is delayed by quite a bit there is a rumour going around that the RS3 saloon will be delayed as well.

No one knows for sure why the TT-RS has been postponed but Audi said on Facebook that they will announce withing the first half of 2017 when the TT-RS will be available.

The TT-RS which have been build already (press cars and HEA's*) will be build as a "special edition" celebrating the 40th anniversary of the 5-cyliner engine.

https://www.facebook...165009483534262 the link leads you to the Facebookpost. It is in German but basically consists what I just wrote above.

If it has to do with the new 5-cylinder aluminum block then the RS3 saloon might be delayed as well. That could be the reason why they will be selling it in USA & Asia first.

* HEA= Händlererstaustattung, bascially means that the dealers can preorder specific "packages" of cars. For example TT-RS package A includes Nardo Grey paint and Carbon Ceramics while Package B is Red and has the Virtual Cockpit. 

I have heard that it is down to type approval for the TTRS and in particular over emissions - but why would that be an issue for VAG!

Gorillajebus

Gorillajebus

• Account Removed
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

The press cars and HEA cars are all approved and registred. So they have to be approved and registred at the KBA (Kraftfahrtbundesamt).

In the new Autobild Sportscars there is a test between the TT-RS and the Cayman S. 

The TT-RS has a major problem when downshifting from 3rd to 5th for example. It takes ages for it to do it. An exact number has not been told but Audi promised to fix this issue before the commercial sale starts.

Other people claim that the issue is with the supplier: Audi does not buy the settled amount of parts which lead to a dispute with that supplier. (because of cuts in the expenes due to Dieselgate)

I don't have a clue what might be the problem.

http://www.ttforum.c...7b2a&start=2190

Edited by Gorillajebus, 04 October 2016 - 04:05 PM.

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

Seems the RS3 Saloon has been created to pander to the American market then. Personally if there is not another SB version in 5 years time then my current car will be my first and last RS3.

The brand new all Ali engine worries me too. I have been bitten before buying hot of the production line models. I think I would wait 5 or so years for the bugs to be ironed out. :)

Edited by RadiantDarkness, 04 October 2016 - 05:46 PM.

Chris.

Current: Audi RS3 Sportback, Sepang Blue Pearl, Black Seats (Rock Grey Stitching), Dash, Carpet, and Headliner. Comfort & Sound Package. Folding Door Mirrors. Dynamic Package. Lumber Support. Hold Assist. Non-smoking Package. Reversing Camera. Technology Package + Mobile Phone High + Audi Connect. Interior Protection Package. Paint Protection Package.

Previous: Audi A5 S-line Cabriolet, 2.0TFSi, Quartz Grey

booker

booker

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Do you think the American market will 'bear' the saloon then :)

RadiantDarkness

RadiantDarkness

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationSouth, UK

Do you think the American market will 'bear' the saloon then :)

That will teach me to proof read the phone's auto correct. :lol:

Chris.

Current: Audi RS3 Sportback, Sepang Blue Pearl, Black Seats (Rock Grey Stitching), Dash, Carpet, and Headliner. Comfort & Sound Package. Folding Door Mirrors. Dynamic Package. Lumber Support. Hold Assist. Non-smoking Package. Reversing Camera. Technology Package + Mobile Phone High + Audi Connect. Interior Protection Package. Paint Protection Package.

Previous: Audi A5 S-line Cabriolet, 2.0TFSi, Quartz Grey

SK-RS3

SK-RS3

Elite Club Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
It's not really tickling my pickle but then I'm quite firmly a hatchback guy suits all my needs
But if it did need a saloon I think I wait ( but think it's released earlier ) the new RS4 saloon

Spaceman_RS3

Spaceman_RS3

Valued Club Member

• Account Removed
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationCentral Scotland
I love a saloon but not feeling the RS3 one might change once I see it in the flesh and with some nice wheels. I'm really hoping the rs4 comes out with proper bubble arches or box ones. Then I'd struggle to pick saloon or avant rs4

Audi RS3OC Forum is Powered by APR Motorsports UK
© 2013-2014 Audi RS3 Owners Club | All rights reserved | This club and forum is not officially associated with AUDI AG.